Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Minnesota Dragways

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jalopy Jim, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

For my 1000th Post I would like to auction off a part of my racing collection.

I have the hand stamp from Minnesota dragways that is now in the history books. The last two years of the tracks life the sports car club I belonged to ran autocrosses there and when that club ( Minnesota Opel Drivers ) merged with another club to become Minnesota Autocross club, I was left with lot of the old clubs stuff.

This would make a great hand stamp for a traditional car show or vintage drag race??

When Ryan gets the money I will ship the hand stamp. the auction ends April 24th and will start at $10.

thank you Jalopy Jim :cool:

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii292/jalopy_jim/HAMB31.jpg
    http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii292/jalopy_jim/hamb2.jpg

2. 55FORDWGN

55FORDWGN

$50.00

3. $75, dad raced there and this would go good with the scale model of his car I built.

4. sure .... now the good stuff comes out after all the dealings are finished ....
    we need to talk .:)...someplace i have a pair of the brochures proposing the track be built....good luck with yer sale ... buddy

5. 55FORDWGN

55FORDWGN

6. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have a stamp saved from the old Army hospital in Ingleburn NSW (Australia) when we moved to a new facility.
    It simply read 'Syphilis'.
    Id auction that but I dont think it would get $100!!
    Doc.

Man, that was totally unrelated huh?

7. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

hahaha doc.......i want it..!!!!!! ;) passed out friends, stamp with an std on it??? ohh yeah, i need that!!!!! lol

8. 55FORDWGN

55FORDWGN

Thats the strangest spelling of Phylis I have ever seen...............

9. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

Just a quick reminder 3 days left to own a peice of Minnesota History and help the HAMB.

jim h

10. ONE GIRLFRIEND I HAD YEARS AGO WAS NAMED PHYILLIS HAD TO QUIT CUZ "GONNA SEEPHYILLIS TO NITE" EEEEW:eek:

11. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

And the winner 55ford wagon.

12. 55FORDWGN

55FORDWGN

I recieved my Minnesota Dragways hand stamp today from Jalopy Jim. He has paypal and I don't so with Ryans okay we did it this way. Met Jalopy Jim at a swap meet and paid him. When I got home I tried my new prize and it doesn't stamp anything. I am not upset with the HAMB or Jalopy Jim
    but did feel like the description made it sound like it functioned. Oh well maybe I'll save it an auction it off in honor of my 115 post.

13. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

For the record Minnesota Dragways opened in 1959 and closed in 1976 makinig the handstamp between 50 and 33 years old.
    My next project is to put pictures taken from 1959 untill about 1962-63 in photo albums.
    I also have a box of photos from Donnybrook raceway from the opening race to 1969 when it lost its SCCA sanctioning. It should be fun to go back in time????

might have to have a party of oldtimers and put names to the cars.

jim h

14. My dad was a little bummed I did not win it..............he had no clue what the bid was! He raced there in 64-70 or so. Congrats on the winner of the auction!

Jim, I would love to see more pics! Very few of dads pics survived. His first time there they ran 4 abreast in the Stock classes to whittle down the 600? plus field. Details are foggy to me.