Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 50 Chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by baggedmitsu, Apr 11, 2009.

1. baggedmitsu

baggedmitsu

So here is some pics on my 50 chevy which i just laid out and added some new shoes too. What do you guys think so far? Any ideas on a custom roof treatment? Im totally stuck at this point.

oh and by custom roof treatment i mean paint, i dont plan on shaving or chopping the car any time soon. thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Looks really good. Can you share more details on the suspension? I think as far as the roof goes leave it as is.

3. baggedmitsu

baggedmitsu

the suspension is still 50 chevy, the front end has custom spindles and modified arms, all custom made by Bio Kustumz. The back end is notched and has a custom four-link. took out the old rear end and swapped it out for a camaro rear end and put a 55 chevy tranny in it, still has the OG 216 in it. Actually the drive line isnt done. Hoping to have the car driveable this week.

4. cool50

cool50
    from usa

i think the car looks GREAT i would leave it be. What kind of bumpers are those?

5. baggedmitsu

baggedmitsu

this is my first chevy, ive generally been a cadillac guy, have a few of those under my belt. The bumpers are 50 chevy, my understanding is that the ends are called "wings" i could be wrong but i had a lowrider guy tell me at pomona that they are very desirable.

Also driving the car out to the windfield show, i had the pleasure of following Roger Odell up to Larry Watsons house, where i actually broke down. How embarassing, right in front of Larrys house. While i was using his house to re fill my radiator, he walked over and told me that my car was fully loaded just like grapevine was before he cut it. He then told me not to cut it and leave it alone. I told him i was going to put air bags on it and he then said, to at least leave those really cool bumpers on it.

6. studeboy

studeboy

I like it just the way it is. And if Larry Watson told me not to touch it I wouldn't touch it. The guy is a legend and know of which he speaks.

7. What he said.....maybe some white flake on the roof, but other than that....just drive it!

8. 54 savoy

54 savoy

i might go a darker color for the roof just for some contrast,but it looks dang fine like it is..

9. baggedmitsu

baggedmitsu

i was thinking a darker color also, i wish i knew how to photoshop. lol. My buddy whose a painter out of Orange County so cal, said he can do the top for free parts and labor because they want to do a tech shoot for some magazine. Thats why im pondering it lol.

I actually got sponsored by an air compressor company also so i have to take the car to two lowrider shows. lol, no biggie i guess since i think 60-70's lowriders are pretty cool.

10. 54 savoy

54 savoy

i was thinkin' maybe leave the paint as is and put some color in the interior

11. strike a poser

strike a poser
    from Salinas,CA

I'd put a fork in it and call it done, it looks killer as is. Maybe a light pearl in clear to the top. Less is more.

12. ...I wouldn't change a thing, nice color combo. Wish it were mine.

13. sixinarowjoe

sixinarowjoe
    from eastcoast

wow that is nice ! , the ends on the bumpers are stock for 49-50 leave them on they look good -what size astros are u running ? as for the roof , look up the stock colors for that year - 2 other sites to visit are chevybombs.com ,chevytalk --bothe helpful places --joe

14. model-a-fan

model-a-fan
    from Kentucky

Really like this car

15. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

2 thumbs up! Leave the body as it is... Again, less is more ;)

16. aldixie

aldixie

I like it as it is. Nice work.

17. Thats about the best idea yet.

18. sun down

sun down
    from tx

looks great,
    I love my chevy also
    [​IMG]

19. thewishartkid

thewishartkid

Don't touch that car!

20. looks good as is but if you must , flake the roof..

21. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

nice. just tell me when you look inside the trunk you can't see the pavement.

22. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Switch the wiper arms side for side so they'll park flat & get rid of the fake eyelash deals. You can sell those bumper plowshears for enough $$ to put some dual pipes on it ... That car would clean up real easy.

23. 52style

52style

was just out in the shed digging around in all the parts i got with my 52 and found a set of those wings

24. baggedmitsu

baggedmitsu

I want to change the wings for 52, i beleive they are different. And i already had pipes on it, theyre going back on. took em off to bag the car. in the shots that you see the car isnt done, still waiting to put the motor and trans back in. thanks for the advice. i dont think im going to paint the roof for now.

25. nice ride man!

we call your "wings" WRAP A ROUNDS. they are not stock they were a acc. they look very nice on your ride. as for the 52's they wouldn't look right since they are made for 51 52 rear panel.

26. displacedokie

displacedokie
    from oklahoma

man that car looks great good job

27. baggedmitsu

baggedmitsu

learn something new everyday.

28. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

Leave it alone it looks great!

29. pan-dragger