Register now to get rid of these ads!

How poplular was Green back in the day? and now?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 65fordguy, Apr 11, 2009.

1. 65fordguy

65fordguy

so as of late, I have become a fan of green... I have seen a few times a late model ford green on some mustangs and explorers and the like... and I saw it without the clear and wow.. did I like it. to me it had a throw back to the 60s look only with some shimmer of the metallic... plus the cool of a suede look.

sorry for the late model pic. but, anyway.. post some pics of your green ride! [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Look forward to seeing some green rides.
    Thanks.
    josh

2. MEMPHIS RAT

MEMPHIS RAT
    BANNED

here are afew of my favorites, you may reconginze them...:rolleyes:...

to me anything green is kool, money too..

hope this helps:D

p,s. the econoline is copyrighted , by myself a t-shirt design)

Attached Files:

3. moses

moses

green is the way to be

Attached Files:

4. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

5. 65fordguy

65fordguy

lol. somebodys been watching to much Dukes of Hazzard...

quote daisy.. " i think something bounced up into my under carriage"

6. vinnymac44

vinnymac44
    from W. Oregon

[​IMG]

Trucks are the only way to fly!!!

7. I don't have a "favorite" color but my rpu was green & so was my '38. My '32 is slated to be green & so is my Nova wagon.

JH

8. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

The only green vehicle I ever owned ...

[​IMG]

SOLD It because I did not like the COLOR ... and we all know changing the color on a numbers matching real 1969 Z/28 RS really kills the value. :(

9. rstanberry

rstanberry
    from terrell tx

[​IMG]

The color of money!!

10. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

This is some late model Focus green without clear

Attached Files:

11. Barris`chopped 53 Plymouth was green, I think.

12. 65fordguy

65fordguy

I think thats the color .. or very close to it.

13. 65fordguy

65fordguy

it looks less lime and more classy without the clear.

14. Green colored cars on the used car lot were always the nicest condition units for sale. They always were hard to resell, so they sat on the lot alot longer waiting for a new owner. I grew up a poor dirt farmer's son, owning a green Mercury and a green Ford pickup back in the day. I hate green colored interior vehicles!

15. Green as far as race cars goes is said to be bad luck !! And by the way that's not green it's Lime. Slime Lime at that >>>>.

16. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

I seem to remember that green was bad luck for some reason back in the mid sixties !

Something about race cars OR something along those lines.........

But I love that color green on the new mustangs and you couldn't give them away

back in the late sixties with that color paint.

17. rixrex

rixrex

Dad said I could paint my 55 Chevy any color I wanted and I picked a lime/gold green that was an option on 62 Cadillacs, I liked it..Sallys Cougar XR7 is kinda the same metallic lime green..There was a Chevy Fleetline in Rodders Journal last year? that was painted a Jeep color I think, a dark olive/lime green that sure looked good...one of the contenders for a color choice for my 48 Cadillac...

18. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

i like green.

threw some "seafoam" green on mine to cover the crappy black someone had painted on with a brush dipped in oil. might not be the permanent color....i'd like an early 50's style dark maroon or red eventually.

but for now....
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. cretin

cretin

20. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I like green a lot -- these are both mine:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...but you didn't see a lot of green hot rods or customs back in the day (Sam Barris Merc notwithstanding), and the superstition about unlucky green race cars used to carry a lot of weight in the US. I think that's pretty much all over, now.

21. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ask Dick Johnson what he thinks of Green race cars!
    [​IMG]

22. When exactly do you mean when you say "back in the day?" Green has always been around, just never the favourite.

23. striper

striper

My boy seems to think it's OK

[​IMG]

24. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Green is a color that typically one really likes or really dislikes. I am on the side that really likes green. I think that the color really brings out the classic tone of your beautiful shoebox Ford. The color looks like Polo Green, the same color as on my 92 Corvette.

25. Jolly Green Javelin funny car . John Gulius Z/28 was gold but this old pic looks like green now.

Attached Files:

26. Green is like the Dallas Cowboys, NY Yankees and Notre Dame..............you either love it or hate it.

Attached Files:

27. chris55

chris55

28. lakeroadster

lakeroadster
    from *

Back in the day is a relative term. Back in the day late 60's / early 70's General Motors Forest Green was cool.

Be nice now, the white striped car was my first car in high school... no money, no time, and too many girls getting what there was of both. :rolleyes:

Dig those groovy fog lights :p

Attached Files:

29. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I had an ol friend who I used to ride with for many many years..He was a much older person than I, He always said he would never paint a motorcycle or car Green..His wording.."Death rides a green bike"..
    Maybe he only ment motocycles?..I had 2 nice green chargers..and im still alive..although i did lose one in a fire that landed me in the hospital,,humm..?

30. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Did you know that the human eye has more processing power devoted to greens than any other color? If you're into evolution it could be because early man hunted/gathered in an environment full of plant life. If you're into cars it means you could do some really subtle effects that wouldn't translate as well with other colors, but also means a higher likelyhood that the sprayed color will be just-a-little different than you expect. Since the eye can see more shades, the chance of it being just a shade off is greater. Follow that?