Register now to get rid of these ads!

Get together @ wheelkid's (Ralley America)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by casper, Mar 20, 2009.

1. casper

casper

I stopped by Jimmy and Gary's shop today (wheelkid) and they want to have a little Hot Rod and Custom get together on Sat. April 18th. This will be a really low key deal, it will cost zero to hang out with a bunch of Central California traditional Hot Rodders. The idea is to meet up at their shop (Rally America) around 9:00 a.m. and check out their wheel shop and vintage projects, then cruise up to Prather (about 30 minutes away) to their ranch and check out more vintage tin & tell lies and hear stories from everybody. The idea is not to give a trophy to the "streetrod" with the most chrome and billet, but no awards and just a good time. They are more into real hot rods and they are not afraid to blast down a smooth dirt road or climb a hill. These guy's are the coolest people you will ever meet. I have talked to several people that definatly want to show up (Royalshifter) was the first one to say "I'll be there". The Wanderer's are most welcome because their club is all about having fun with old cars, and anybody else in the San Joaquin valley that can make it will have a great time for sure. Please feel free to post up any suggestions, ideas or questions. Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I will not miss this.

3. Muttley

Muttley

Cool, pray for sunshine.

4. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

Count me there....should be a fun day for all.

5. kustomdlux

kustomdlux

I'll plan on being there. Any chance somebody can send me a PM about where their shop is?

6. casper

casper

Their shop address is 5823 E. Harvard, Fresno, Ca. 93727 (559)347-9665 Go East on Clinton from Clovis Ave. Turn left (north) on the first street past Sunnyside (I think it's Miami) and you can't miss it. Thanks.

7. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Up for wheelkid

8. MOCO559

MOCO559

i don't know man, u guys have really cool cars. i'll let the guys know tomarrow. we had a bbq about two weeks ago and EVERYONE brought their car out

9. casper

casper

Moco... my cars are all beaters, although the rest of the club has some cool cars. Your club not only has bitchin cars, but you guys are also what the spirit of hot rod's and customs are all about. I have been to a few of your events and they are always a blast! The Wanderers have more fun than the law should allow, and it's not just a bunch of guy's with old cars.... You MoFo's live the life!

10. MOCO559

MOCO559

Thanks man. Thee Wanderers will be there. Count us in.

11. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

i think Merced will try to make an appearance. has anyone posted this on the Cen Cal hamb page yet?

12. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

Sounds like a good time. Let me talk to the guys and see who can go.

13. MOCO559

MOCO559

link?

14. movingviolation

movingviolation

Sounds like a great idea........to damn bad im on the other side of the world and surrounded by water...............Bet it will be a REAL good time.

15. Muttley

Muttley

Look here.

Not if you leave tomorrow. ;) :D

16. DRD57

DRD57

I'll try to make it too.

17. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Just checked the calendar and I don't have duty that weekend. I'll be there for sure! I'll try to get some paint on the Buick by then, but if not I'll roll 7 different colors and bare metal :rolleyes::D

18. casper

casper

I took a short drive up to Gary and Jimmy's house in Prather yesterday. My wife and kids really enjoyed the whole setting. It's about 30 minutes up thru the foothills on Hwy 168 and then a left turn on Coyotte Hills road, this is a smooth dirt road for a couple miles. The get together will be under some big trees (lots of shade). Bring your ice chest's with your favorite beverages and whatever you want to snack on (I'm bringing a small Bar-B-Q) and some hot dogs and H.A.M.B.urgers! Gary is going to invite the model A club also, so it will be a small fun gathering. We are hoping for 40 to 50 cars for the first year. Gary and Jimmy have some cool ideas for next years show and all of your suggestions and ideas are welcomed and encouraged so they can make this deal better every year.
    Please come on up and check it out. This is the first annual, so in a few years when this run gets famous, you will be able to say..."Yeah, I have been coming to this shindig since it started! I will post pictures and comments on the H.A.M.B. after the show, to share the event with everybody that could not attend. I'm really looking forward to it !!!

19. casper

casper

mid-week bump... Only 10 day's away!

20. tobyjuarez

tobyjuarez

I wanna go. Sounds fun,, but as usual,,, I don't have a running car.
    10 days left,,, I may be there, but we'll see. depends on what I can get done this weekend.

21. casper

casper

bump....next Saturday!!!

22. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

Hey TJ you can ride with me

23. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Going to be a fun run.

24. wheelkid

wheelkid
    Alliance Vendor
    from Fresno, CA

25. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Been thrashing to get my car all one color for this, can't wait!!!

26. casper

casper

I just wanted to up-date everyone. This deal is on for sure! If you want to check out Rally America's shop 5823 E Harvard, Fresno, Ca 93727 (east of Clovis Ave.), Jimmy (wheelkid) will be there at 8:30 a.m and we will leave his shop at 9:30 to head up to his house in Prather. I talked to Gary this morning and he is planning on Bar-B-Q ing hot dogs and also will have soda's. This will be a nice day! Thanks!

27. Saubo Nasty

Saubo Nasty

28. MOCO559

MOCO559

saubo! taking the wagon?

29. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Right on, Saubo, haven't seen you in awhile!

MOCO, Paulie is rolling with with me in his merc. I dont know you personally but I know he does. If you want to head to Fresno together get with one of us and we'll go as a group.

I gotta be back in Hanford at 5:30, me and my girl are going to kings speedway to drink a few and watch the dirt fly. Seems like saturday will be a good day.... (as long as I dont have to call AAA!!)

30. Saubo Nasty

Saubo Nasty

Wagon should be rollin'. If not, I'll be on Clovis Ave. with my thumb out.