Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pocono drag lodge reunion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gaspumpchas, Feb 17, 2009.

1. aerorocket

aerorocket
    from N.E. P.A.

Jays bar and grill was at Sunset and it was the best after hours bar in the area. I don't know for sure if this was your uncles place but the owners name was Jack and he didn't take shit from anybody. Really nice guy we used to bust his ass every chance we got.

2. sdfs10

sdfs10

Any updates yet?

3. 66biskwik

66biskwik

Will be there.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  4. tbucketflyer

tbucketflyer
    from Pennsburg

5. All are welcome to join the HAMB social group Friends of Pocono Drag Lodge.

6. skidsteer

skidsteer

tbucketflyer, those are some outstanding pictures!

7. gaspumpchas

gaspumpchas

Hi All-
    Just some small details I wanted to pass on to you; Looks like we will have a self DJ trailer donated for the date of the reunion; might need a dj; might impose on someone to do this as I will be too busy to dj, I hope!! Heard from a gentleman in Ontario who wants to come and trailer his 14 foot travel trailer with his 57 Chev wagon!!! Woo hoo! I will have flyers with me on April 4 at the work party; possibly we can get some out there. Thanks and see you apr 4!!!

Charlie Hulsizer

8. sdfs10

sdfs10

9. This is gonna' be fun. All are welcome at the Friends of Pocono Drag Lodge social group here on the HAMB.

10. wally bell

wally bell
    from VA.

many of the people attending will be in York 7/10-11 ....
    I'm looking forward to York & Pocono Drag Lodge....

11. gaspumpchas

gaspumpchas

Will be great to see you at the PDL again, Wally- your reputation precedes you!!! Bring a race car :D

Charlie

12. draglist

draglist

Thanks for posting the draglist link. bp

13. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

Dammit!!! I totally forgot about the work party. Will there be another one??

14. With the recent passing of George Whalen and the Timberman this reunion can't come soon enough . Charlie just the fact that you know have an email list of PDL folks is PRICELESS.

15. Firedawg

Firedawg
    from Florida

Sounds like fun - Hope to make it - marked on the calendar. Roger Crooks, Hudson, Florida

16. the shadow

the shadow

I'd like to address parking at the PDL, are they sure they will have adequete parking for all the spectators + trucks + trailers? A buddy walked the track last week and said he thinks there's gonna be a major problem in that aspect. I threw my hat in the ring when they asked for cars but am reluctant to drive 2+ hours only to find out it's full and can't get it or that there is no room to unload my rail and or park my truck & trailer.
    It can get real messy real fast when you have people trying to unload cars,dragsters funny cars from trailers while other vehicales and people are jockying for a prime spot on the track or just to park is anyone working on this problem?

Paul

17. sewanhaka62

sewanhaka62

hi just took a dry run to track from berwick area ..being from long island it felt like being a mountain goat ,just climing the hills to get there ..but it looks like it should be fun--see you there -- bob

18. weebledude

weebledude

Hey folks - I am doing up some custom t-shirts for this event. If you are going, maybe you have a decent photo or drawing of your car. I can put it on a shirt for you, commemmorating this event. I can do what screenprrinters can't...photoshirts and single or small runs. Check out www.squidmarks.com or call 708-844-6185.

Jonas

19. There will be "Official" event T-shirts and stickers for sale at the event. I've seen the art work and it's very much in the PDL tradition.

20. wally bell

wally bell
    from VA.

Hi Crooksie !!!!

21. weebledude

weebledude

-I'm not talking "official". I'm talking about YOUR car on a shirt. You can't buy that OR get it done there.

Squidmarks Imprinting
    708-844-6185
    www.squidmarks.com

22. wally bell

wally bell
    from VA.

8/15/09 Rt. 115 off int. 81 or the Pa. Turnpike

23. Received my shirt today, great job Charlie.:)

24. Only a few weeks away 08/15. Who's going ? Wind Gap reunion is the next day.

25. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

I will be there with my 50 Merc..

26. fleetside66

fleetside66

I'll be there, with or without my '66 (the '33 won't be done by then)...can't wait.

27. I'm trying my hardest. I have 15 days to get my gasser running and painted! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28. Joe Amato will be there.

29. sdfs10

sdfs10

I'll be there!!!!!!

30. Just received stickers from the printer. On sale at the event.