Register now to get rid of these ads!

100% not 60's custom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56Ponchorelli, Apr 7, 2009.

1. lownslow

lownslow

haha .. you are pretty neato too . working on your car is getting me inspired again man . we should see some real progress next week buddy ... you get my text joto ? i passed my test . i think we need a burrito clebration lunch . talk soon .
    xoxo

2. 56Ponchorelli

56Ponchorelli

Thank you for the replies. For now it is staying as is. I am adding the dual exhaust with bellflower tips next weekend and then it's gonna be drive it for awhile. If I sell it it stays as is. If I keep it I am changing the paint and flakin the top and FIXING the a/c so i can take off the tint. This is a colabo between me and the father in law. We both own the car so we are kicking ideas around and tossing out ones we dont agree on. I will def check out your site Eryk, once I get a diff email not with gmail, it wouldn't let me register.

3. like this !!! or chrome reverse wheels, ribbon whites. bellflowers !

Attached Files:

4. 390Merc

390Merc
    from Indiana

48BuickProspect, sounds like we're on the same page with our Buicks. A lot of these guys replying don't realize the skirts are an integral part of the body on these Electras and such. My 64 has looked just like this since I "finished" it in '88. Tried to make it look like I thought one would look back in '65 or so in California at any drive-in. Wheels are 65-66 Buick. Some simple shaving. Color is '61 T-bird Aqua. Interior is kind of a stock pattern only done in a white vinyl wide pleated style. It was kind of hard to resist bolting on a pair of spots and lakers at first since that what I was used to seeing everywhere.

Attached Files:

5. 56Ponchorelli

56Ponchorelli

I did the same thing. Shaved the white's on my tires to about that size. I just hate the gold color but dont have the $$ to up and paint it. The hubcaps are stock 66 electra caps with a bullet added on. I have the same stance as yours except the back is slightly up more. If I knew how to weld the handles would be history.

6. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Here are a couple pictures of cool Buicks.

Attached Files:

7. Eryk

Eryk

VERY cool car! That's more 60's than 99% of so-called "Bellflower" cars being built these days. Much respect to you.

8. braineater

braineater
    from sacramento

the picture of jays blue buick doesnt do it justice..that car was nothing but flake