Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 50 Chev chop/section

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hoitink, Dec 1, 2008.

1. now that is badass!!! I cant believe how easy you made it look.

2. Crey

Crey
    from Tejas

3. skoh73

skoh73

Man oh man, that is just SICK!! I've been giving ya points for originality all along, but this is just off the charts cool. Way to have a vision in yer head and bring it to life. The painted rivets...wow!:D

4. brentthebarber

brentthebarber
    from San Diego

That looks great, good job on the car!

5. michaelthe9

michaelthe9

I know everything has been said but still...you are an artist, craftsman and a hell of a builder! That is the most impressive kustomizing I have ever seen. You just went for it and made it happen. This is a fantastic creation. Nice work man.
    Michael

6. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

A car that striking should have shiny chrome, a R&P interior and glossy paint in my book... It's just so beautiful of line. Few cars ever built are proportioned and laid out so nicely. I'm in AWE!

7. DrewDay

DrewDay
    from Austin, Tx

8. old_skool_1953

old_skool_1953

No Joke man, it is crazy how much you have accomplished in such a short time. You must not be married. It took me two weeks to replace the passenger side cowl patch on my 27 t coupe. I am jealous of your time, the price you paid for your car, and your progress. Keep it up man, you make us all want to get more done.....

9. fenian65

fenian65

um yeah um ............never mind wow

10. the only porblem with bare metal is every month you have to spray wd-40 on it to keep it from rusting.

11. Wow, those rivets fooled me. I got really bummed, because I love this car so much, and I thought you took it a step too far. But that's way cool man, bravo!

12. The_Hermit

The_Hermit
    from France

Really nice. Wish I had those skills.

You going to spray that with a clear coat, just to protect the metal until next year ?

13. kraka138

kraka138

i didnt really read through the whole post so im not sure if this was mentioned, but for the taillights, a set of stock shoebox (non-Victoria) taillights will fit in that olds grille bar....ive done it before and it could really clean up the back end of your chebby, not only that but i have a nice set of originals i could get to you if you're interested

14. hoitink

hoitink
    from MB

The car is actually cleared time will tell how it holds out. :)

15. hoitink

hoitink
    from MB

I ran my exhaust out the olds grille bar but have plans as I find them for some old 50's corvette tail lights for the car.

16. Wow, lookin' nice Brent! Been watching the whole process, and am floored everytime I see more pics! Was hoping to see it at WOW the other weekend, too bad they couldn't get you in. And damn, Ian threw down some nice lines! Can't wait to see it in person....

17. 39delux

39delux

I ran across an old magazine of mine with a '50 Olds using the '58-'60 Vette tail lights. I'll try to scan and post a picture tomorrow. Heading to work right now. These tail lights aren't cheap, even in rough condition.

Tom

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  18. 39delux

39delux

Here you go. The '58-'60 Vette tail lights perfectly follow the contour of the fender top. I'd like to see a photoshop of these lights on your car. I think they would go well with the chopped longer top of the sedan and the de-humped trunk lid.

Photo credit: American Rodder No. 98 August 1997.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  19. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

I really like your car man, but it seriously needs paint. This is not finished.

20. Flathead26T

Flathead26T

every time i check back on this you have done something else that awes me. The rivits are sick looking. way to cool!!

21. bloodandwhisky

bloodandwhisky
    from DFW Texas

digging the car, photochopped those lights on it. It does look pretty snazzy.
    No offense to the builder and his taste of course.
    Wayne

Attached Files:

22. gconnsr

gconnsr
    from AZ

Sorry man, I'm new and should keep my mouth shut, but I like the original much better. I like the way the car flows, including the hood. The man is gifted. Keep in mind that I'm a no-body giving you an average persons perspective, but once in a while it's good to hear a fresh point of view. Your picture takes the character out of the car.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  23. gconnsr

gconnsr
    from AZ

Your second photo shop is a definite improvement over your first:)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  24. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

Ever time I get on this thread there is more to look at with this car. Badd ass!, I have to grow a set of ball and try this, you make it look so easy. Killer job on the car and can't wait to see it in paint next year.

25. hoitink

hoitink
    from MB

Made a skirt for the car but didn't dig the look visor not a chance have a hard enough time seeing lol.

So put a couple hundred miles on the car already and no major problems just a bad bolt on the upper control arm so i'm really pleased with the car and the ride.

I'm at the Rodorama this weekend if anyone is bored and wants to come by and chat look for the guy with a cowboy had and the Riff Raff jacked or shirt on and say high.

26. essexrat

essexrat

Hey Brent...Awesome ride...looks incredilble in person ...you are a true craftsmen...wish I had even a fraction of your skills...how did you place in the show? Gotta get together for some beers...I was so glad to see your Chevy...made the show worth while...Later

27. hoitink

hoitink
    from MB

Not Really an update or anything but noticed that I didn't have any new pics of my car since I finished her up.

Devils Lake show.
    [​IMG]

In line for the balance beam
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

First place man 17 seconds me and my co-pilot
    [​IMG]

The vid pretty shaky but friend did it with her camera
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2spCxhE_wI

28. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

That turned out pretty darn well. When you're going to paint it...? :)

29. movingviolation

movingviolation

This is off the chart!

So how did the clear over the metal hold up?

30. RAY With

RAY With

Nice build and I learned a lot from your work. Not that I will ever attempt a build like that but fun to know how its done. Awesome built and all the kudos I can give for all this visual information.