Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs what did you get done this weekend?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by glendale, Mar 30, 2009.

1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    got some work done on my roof. and then tried to grind my finger off. it hurt pretty good.

*************warning gross pic****************

[​IMG]

2. Cool body work!:D

Bad work on your body!:eek:

3. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

ouch!

I didn't touch my truck, but I did get a lot done on a slightly OT project that's been brewing for some time. Three link in an Ope GT. Think Anti-Ricer, 6 pt cage, 3-link, 5.0, 8.8".

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Need to add a pan-hard bar, door bars and finish motor mounts next weekend.

4. chaddilac

chaddilac

Come on man, you gotta put more returns between the disclaimer and pic!!!! Yeaoooowza! Makes my skin crawl!!

Nice job on the car though!

5. yeah sorry i almost didnt post it. but i've seen worse on here! the car is moving along nicely i'm pretty stoked!

6. I got the rear axle located in the digger frame and finished tacking stuff in. Time to take it to a friend to be TIG welded.

[​IMG]

7. vertible59

vertible59

Put the tools away...locked everything...got my pal to feed the dogs...headed to Kissimee, Florida for a good time at the Old Town cruise. Great motivation!

8. Finished the fabrication of my oops firewall / steering column fix.

Also continued boxing the front frame on the '36.

The wife is recuperating from bone grafts and reconstruction of her wrist so most of my time is spent hovering over her and helping her recover.

The cars get a little attention on Saturday mornings when the gang stops by to lend a hand.

Attached Files:

9. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

Nothing...my mom's in the hospital. Giz'

10. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

My first attempt. Dash panel is just laying in the center, not mounted yet.

Attached Files:

11. MP&C

MP&C

Got the Fairlane body in epoxy primer and high build...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  12. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Posted this in another thread..........my buddy painted my driveshaft for the T...couldn't resist the " smokin " thing

[​IMG]

13. modelamac

modelamac

actually got alot done this weekend!!!!

I started a new project last week... a 1954 International S-100... and I think I should have my head examined this time...

my dad actually came into the garage and said... "for the life of me, I don't know who the hell would put this much work into a International pick up!" shaking his head and finishing with " did you hit your head or something?"

anyway with the help of my best friend Ronny... we are getting it knocked out... the ultimate ugly shop truck!!!

we got the frontend put in and the rear four link... and the frame boxed in a few places... next is the air bag brackets and brake pedal... I'm going to have to bust my ass in order to have this thing done for the Rust Revival!!!!

anyway I will keep you up to date if you want me too....

Attached Files:

14. We got the motor in the boy's Caddy.
    [​IMG]

.....and back out to prep for paint.
    [​IMG]

15. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Busted my ass working on a mopar minivan... I think it hates me!

16. deadendcruiser

deadendcruiser

Finished and installed grille bar on my Buick. Got it on jack stands and removed the tires so it can get new rubber all the way around.

17. raven

raven

Picked up a few really good deals at the local swap meet.
    Now I have a set of bare Brodix T1 race heads, Comp Cams stainless roller rockers and a Hilborn pump for my injected motor for cheap.
    I'm as happy as a pig in mud...
    r

18. Kerry67

Kerry67

lights to my gauges wired up, re-routed the spark plug wires, finally got the gas pedal on, and a few other odd n ends

19. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

Swapped gearbox in my 62 Sunliner, laying on the floor in a damn cold garage, have been suffering from a bad back since then... I'm not 25 years old.... but it paid of as the new tranny changed gears smooth as a baby's behind. Thank's Malcolm.

20. roughidle

roughidle
    BANNED
    from iowa

Drilled out spot welds on the 57, I hate spot welds.

21. FCCOOL

FCCOOL

I took some no-doz tablets and worked through the night wiring my car in the front yard, i have this big fat main harness that i ran across my dash, its about 1" thick, after about 30 hours of non stop soldering, crimping, measuring and heat shrinking went to fit up the dash and found i made this big fat harness about 1 1/2 inches too short.
    i got the shits and unwrapped it all and wound up with a big birds nest behind the dash.

22. flatford39

flatford39

Got the merc flathead and top loader trans sitting in my A frame in a mock up mode so I can determine where to weld in the front mounts and where to cut & slice my F-1 crossmember to support the trans. It's sitting on wood blocks but it really looks like it was made for the application.

23. sloppy-ollies

sloppy-ollies
    from Jersey

started welding in some patch panels I made for the bottom edge of my cab.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

still have a ways to go...

24. Mudville

Mudville

Nothing! Had to work Sat/Sun at Lowe's (4th straight) and still one to go before a weekend off. Trying to cram lots of errands and work on the 51 in whenever I have a day off, such as today!

25. TAYLOR

TAYLOR
    from DALLAS,GA.

Wired up turn signals on the 39.

26. So Cal weather was great, I just drove my cars and enjoyed them.....

27. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Awesome. Like I said, that's the best shifting automatic I'd ever had -- and it's an FMX, of all things! :)

I finally had a day off of work on Saturday, so I fulfilled some hot rod parts trades and deliveries - a '35 axle and wishbone, Model A frame rails, cross members, and a '69 Cougar gas tank for a friend's '53 Chevy project.
    It was a great day even though I didn't actually get anything done in the garage (well, at least cleared some parts out, though!).

Malcolm

28. damnfingers

damnfingers

Got an Eaton M45 supercharger installed on the 49 MG TC. 'Twas a bitch with the extractor header, had to keep installing and uninstalling so I could grind on the mounting points to get clearance. By the time I was finished I could install, remove and install again in about an hour and a half. Turned out that was a good thing because I started having problems with it backfiring through the pop-out valve so I took it on and off a few more times till I finally figured out both the Mallory distributors I was trying to use had bad capacitors.:mad:

Runs great now, sounds awesome and pulls like a horse...lots of torque.:D

Attached Files:

• 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      428.7 KB
      Views:
  29. LastMinuteMark

LastMinuteMark
    from So. Cal.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  30. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Pretty cool! Is that the one they use on the new Mini Coopers?