Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pate texas swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LXTURBO2000, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

A day at ANY swap meet is better than a day at work.

2. tromper

tromper

Right on Lobucrod!

I'll be there all weekend.
    I set up to sell off parts no longer needed,
    but usually bring home more parts than I took!

3. Amen brother!:D

4. Sixness

Sixness
    from Cen Tex

Yes, and I am older now and love not having to deal with the MUD.

5. belair

belair

So THIS is where you hang out. Those 3 day old beans sound scary-especially on the 4th day!

6. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Heres to that!

I've been going for the past 5 or so, and being in my early 30's I can walk the whole thing in a day. If they banned all the RV's and personal vehicles parking in the swap you could walk it all in a couple hours. But 40% is walking past dead spaces filled by RV's, and pickup trucks. Another 30% is walking past the SHIT vendors. You know selling CD's from the '80s, Taiwan knockoff anything, crap from the dump, toilets, Fat Elvis's, etc.....
    So that leaves approximately 30% of vehicle related space for guys to way overprice what they drug out.

Like was said, I go to BS with TP, DW, Dirty's, Bass, etc.......

Example of crap
    [​IMG]

Example of Fat Elvis's
    [​IMG]

7. I'll be there. Daughter lives in Saginaw (just South of the Speedway) so wifey can visit with kiddo's while I browse around

8. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

No, the current Pate Swap meet is not the same as the old Pate, but here's an idea:

If you don't like the swap meet, do something about it! Call all your friends and have them clean out their garages and bring ther extra junk (I.E. car parts) out to the swap meet to sell it. Do the same yourself....forget ebay for a week and go out and live in the real world!

Even if you can only get enough time off to go for one day, it's still worth it to participate....see, you can't even spell 'participate' without 'Pate'. :)

Me and a couple of friends brought stuff out to Pate last year to sell for the first time in years, and had a blast! We actually sold a lot of stuff...and it was mostly hot rod parts to boot! Sure I could have gotten more money for my stuff on ebay, but it's fun to bargain with people...it gives you license to be a total dick if you want, or a really nice guy depending on the customer.

We walked around a lot, but when we got ready for a break we came back to the spot and sold stuff. A spot is still pretty cheap, and it gives you a spot to store the treasures you buy without going all the way out to the 'spectator' parking.

Anyway, my point is this...if you think swap meets suck these days and all you can do is bitch and moan about it, then you are a big part of the problem! Get out and do something about it, and make your friends do the same!

9. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

I been going since 74 i thought i was the only one that remembered sloshing around in the mud ..if you don't like the speedway keep your bitchin ass at home

10. ERNST

ERNST

As my dad would say "if your a car guy... you cant not go-and all'

11. I couldn't agree more with this....

12. Rusty

Rusty

I love this swap

I always get what i am looking for

I always run into new and old friends

I always hate when its time to go home

And I always go back a second day

Like Brian said, It is what it is and only what you make it, so get out and support a great event

with that said I cant wait to get there

Rusty

13. LXTURBO2000

LXTURBO2000
    from NEW MEXICO

we will be there thurs thru sat or sun. looking forward to it. i hope tho meet some fellow hamb'ers there.

14. Sixness

Sixness
    from Cen Tex

WHAT YOU THINK YOU BEEN EATING !!! Left you the dregs at Wesley's today !!

15. Sixness

Sixness
    from Cen Tex

16. LXTURBO2000

LXTURBO2000
    from NEW MEXICO

ill be there wearing a tan john deere cap

17. Big Dad

Big Dad

I go every year .. Its 15 miles away and fun to see even dumb stuff

18. CaddyRat

CaddyRat

You take the best pic's Wyatt. That shit is classic.

I plan on heading up there. I'll be the dork with the "Looking for 1960 Chevy Wagon Parts" sign around my neck from last time I was up there.

19. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

In the process of moving from Lubbock to Springtown last May, we forgot to renew our spaces. Had to get new ones. Sure hate to lose the good neighbor I had. We will be on ave 11 1028 1029 1030 this year. Come by and have a cold one and buy some insulation and Mexican blankets! And maybe a greasy car part or two.

20. LXTURBO2000

LXTURBO2000
    from NEW MEXICO

cool, i could use some of that for my trucks. ill have to find you.. im not sure what our space numbers are. i havent assked my brother in law! lol

21. BARNETTRODS

BARNETTRODS

My family & a few freinds are planning on making the trip from Arkansas .
    We have not been in baout 10 yrs. Has it changed any ?

22. LXTURBO2000

LXTURBO2000
    from NEW MEXICO

i guess we will be in section 3 up towards the top. not sure on the space #'s. looking forward to it!

23. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Other than the change for the worst of being moved to the race track, its still 10 lbs of shit in a 5 pound bag.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  24. BARNETTRODS

BARNETTRODS

It was at the race track last time I went .

25. rallisracing

rallisracing

Gonna burn 8 hours of personal time from work of Friday. Can't stand not going..I might miss something

26. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

What the hell. Bike MS is this weekend to the only reason
    I know about this is my little sister does this ride she says thare will be over 3000 bikes out. She said they camp out and ride on the track or somthing like that. I was planning on going but what a cluster this might turn out to be.

27. Big Dad

Big Dad

Sounds like rain thru Thursday so bring a umbrella !

28. ardunpinto

ardunpinto
    from WACO tx

I know it aint the same but last year i saw the prices get reasonable, except for a bottle of water!

29. hot rust

hot rust

headed that way hopefully wed night. enjoyed it last year. never made it to the old one but sounds like it was a blast. hope to meet a few of you. i'll be the one with the midget sprint out front of my spaces for sale along with some other nice pieces.

30. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

Like a lot of you been going since I was a kid when it was in the field, and I do miss that, but in no way do I miss all of the mud!!!!

Got 3 spaces this year...got 3 cars and a bunch of junk... not sure how thats going to work???

Anyone want a running/driving (flathead) 51 Ford now so I don't have to pile stuff on top of the cars???

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009