Register now to get rid of these ads!

scrap yard in Georgia

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mrjynx, Jan 20, 2009.

1. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

2. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

That guy could sell all those if they are priced right.

3. We've been trying to get into that yard for a while now.
    I'm calling him this week...if he'll answer the phone.

4. Why is it that everyone that owns a lot or pasture of cars (that are slowly being reclaimed by the earth) is a definitive crackpot? That's all I have seen from personal experience and also from what I see here and elsewhere.

They are hard to get in touch with, they are around 85 years old and in failing health most of the time. You'd figure that they'd have a sense of mortality and want to put a few bucks in their pockets by now.

Bob

5. James427

James427
    BANNED

Wow, looks like there are at least two old drag cars. That henry J with the fiverglass hood and lettering as well as the 89 AMX. A Christine Plymouth, a Chevy tin woody, A 62 Bubble top Impala, A 66 GTO, a 59 VW pick up, a Ramp side Corvair pick up, 68 Charger RT, 56 Buick convertible, 59 Ford 2dr wagon, 50 Ford convertible, NICE 1940 Mercury! (and several 39's) , Crosely hot shot, Ford Unibody, A really cool egg shaped bus from the 40's and so much more!

6. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

Yet another butt hole with over priced soon to be dust.

I'd like to know if anyone can get in there and what his prices are like.

7. NVRA #84

NVRA #84

Did you happen to notice the dates were 2007 and early 2008. Are they still there, were they crushed, is the owner still around?

8. 1946chevytruck

1946chevytruck
    BANNED
    from london ,ky

will don't people just part them out on ebay.thanks

9. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

10. Boy, it looks like most of that stuff would take a ton of work just to get to where it looks like what it is suppose to. Does he have any motors that came out of that stuff? I don't live too far from there .. That little 440 Rambler looked pretty good .. most of it is just junk though, seems to me. I ran across this old Reo sittin' along the side of the street in Juliette GA the other day

GA Aquarium 01-09 285.jpg

GA Aquarium 01-09 286.jpg

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  11. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

Well spotted... I have no idea.. .was just randomly looking at pics...

good luck to anyone buying them..

12. 90ssp

90ssp
    BANNED
    from dallas, ga

Definitely let us know if anyone gets in touch with the guy

13. chopped

chopped

I know the guy but that's not going to do any of us any good. Their all still there, you have to jump thru hoops to see any of them. You should be able to reach him in the evenings. When the cruise-ins start he goes to Hogensville regularly. Show up and I'll introduce you.

14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It looks like the addy and phone number are on the photo page.

From the sounds of things it looks like he may think that the cars are worth way more than other folks are willing to offer for them.

There are several hords rotting away like that up here that will end up with the same fate some day.

15. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I'd be happier than a shit eating dog if I could have a junk yard like that. I'd part every one of those suckers out and make a fortune.

16. skoh73

skoh73

It would be just plain cruel if somebody photoshopped together a boneyard with impossible to find rides--complete with a story about a crusty old bastard who will take them to his grave. Gives me an idea... kidding.

17. 90ssp

90ssp
    BANNED
    from dallas, ga

That's just depressing...I love cars and I have lots of them but I would never let myself get to the point of letting them rust away. It's true that cars increase in value over the years but not if they rust back into the earth. Guess he could sell the soil and say that it is fertilized with classics :)

18. 90ssp

90ssp
    BANNED
    from dallas, ga

Thanks for the invite. As soon as I get the 54 painted the wife and I will come out

19. I just called him and spoke just long enough to learn that he's trying to sell all of them in one shot. He said if that doesn't work out try calling him again about April and he might start selling individual cars.

20. I just talked to the owner, Mack. He said he is trying to sell all of them together, but if that doesnt work out, by March or April, he will start pricing them separately. I asked him about the '57 Ford wagon...I'll call him back at the end of March...

Guess I shoulda refreshed the page before I posted..Apparently me and rarerodder called about the same time...

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  21. bruce hylton

bruce hylton
    from toledo wa

What was he asking?

22. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

id really like to get that 66 nova!!!!

23. carsdwl11

carsdwl11
    from ky

how much for all of them?

24. I live about 25 minutes from there. I might just have to take alittle trip..

25. chopped

chopped

I'm going out of town for a week, when I get back I'll go over and talk to him. The yard hasn't been worked in about 10-15 years, he can"t make up his mind. One of those guys who dosen't need to sell, you know the type, fill in the blanks. He's not a bad guy but I'd be surprised if he started selling one at a time. He dosen't want to spend the time sitting there and dosen't trust anyone else. I sold him a truck last summer and he took me on a tour, everyone else he charged $20.00. If you drive past you can see most of it from the road, the rest is on the other side but up on a hill. There's some stuff for sale just past the yard, next to the road. If you stop to look he'll probably come over to check you out.

26. Hemizach

Hemizach

Awe man, someone go save that 53 stude...

27. Since I live in Mississippi, and really have nowhere to store 1000 cars, obviously I didn't ask. I'd say it will eventually average out to $3-500 per car, some more, some less. Some of that stuff looked pretty far gone, some pretty good. At any rate, I couldnt afford the storage for those cars, let alone the price of the cars themselves...
    Give him a call, he sounds like just a friendly, down home kinda guy.

28. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

BUMP..

Its april.... time he said to enquire....

29. chopped

chopped

I talked to him last week. Nothings changed, nothing will. Instead of "gonna fix em up" He's "gonna sell em". Nice old guy and willing to talk to you, but thats all. Now if you had however many million he wants for them all it might be different.

30. MoonshineRoyal

MoonshineRoyal

You know, people like this just piss me off to no end. They just sit on old classics, letting them rot back into the ground, while always saying the same thing, "one day I'll fix it up" or "one day I'll sell them". This is like that collection in Portugal just sitting in a barn collecting dust. Classic autos are meant to be enjoyed and if you're not going to do it, let someone else have a shot at it.