Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can Someone Help With Telling Me These Wheels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Classic_Crime_Inc, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Classic_Crime_Inc

Classic_Crime_Inc

I know this isnt a hot rod but I thought maybe some of you guys might possibly be able to help tell me what these wheels are on this Cadillac Deville, I have a '68 and I'm looking for the same ones that are on this car..it looks like a hub cap and then a bullet style cap as well..anyone know if its from a diffrent year caddy or what?

thanks guys

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

Just a Caddy cap with a bullit in the middle. I think '61 or '62

3. Squablow

Squablow

They do look like '61 Caddy caps. I also have a '68 Deville and I was wondering how those would look on the car. Very nice, now that I see it.

4. Classic_Crime_Inc

Classic_Crime_Inc

yeah I love em, I just got the car yesterday actually really excited about it and had these picts saved on my computer for awhile now so figured the HAMB guys would know you guys are always very helpful

what size white walls are on those cars? anyone have an idea where I could pick up a set of these caps? I looked on google for a Cadillac parts website and couldnt find any, is there any sites out there dedicated to the old Caddy's? or even a catalog or something

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009

5. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

they look like 62 caddy. i have a couple sets. pm me if your interested.

6. GaryM

GaryM

7. Classic_Crime_Inc

Classic_Crime_Inc

8. Squablow

Squablow

9. Classic_Crime_Inc

Classic_Crime_Inc

night prowlers have a website?

looking for the same bullet as the cars in the picts..or maybe someone can give me a link to one on ebay? I'd like to order them this weekend

it seemed like it was a little over 9.5'' across if you do the whole thing or if you do the flat part in the center it was 6.5'' looks like the flat center doesnt come out..you have to take the whole thing out?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
  10. Squablow

Squablow

The bullet would just go over where the center emblem is, I wouldnt' do one more than 3" in diameter. Think of how huge a 9" diameter bullet would be. The flat part of the cap would show, it doesn't get covered or removed.

http://thenightprowlers.com/

This is the site that sells the bullets, they're cheap.

11. Classic_Crime_Inc

Classic_Crime_Inc

ok so it's just a bullet with out the ring around it or anything like the one on ebay

so I dont remove the center cab at all? how does the bullet stick?

it looks like in these picts..this guy got one similar to the one on ebay but I could be wrong

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Don't they just have a bolt that goes through the back? Drill a hole and tighten them down?

If you are still looking for an A coupe, PM me. I found a 29 today down the road from me in TONS better shape than the last one!

13. Classic_Crime_Inc

Classic_Crime_Inc

PM SENT thats awesome you seem to have good luck finding the old cars

ok so I went to mooneyes and found some that I think you guys are talking about?

heres the link..tell me what the push thru one is? and if thats not what I need that what size in the $6 chrome one would I need

14. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

No link shown.

15. Classic_Crime_Inc

Classic_Crime_Inc

16. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

yep there my faaav.....pic them up for pretty cheap too, think i have 3 sets now:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

17. Classic_Crime_Inc

Classic_Crime_Inc

did you get em from mooneyes?

if so what ones did you get..I'm not sure what the push thru ones are? or I see theres the chrome ones as well in diffrent sizes..I'm guessing I'd want the largest size

18. BISHOP

BISHOP

You can not use the push thru cones. Use your brain. Everyone has tried to help you get what you need for the look you want, and still you cant do it. What on earth is wrong with you. What your looking at is a HUB CAP, its not a wheel. Push thru cones are for wheels. Awww, forget it.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  19. Classic_Crime_Inc

Classic_Crime_Inc

sorry d*ck, I've had rims my whole life..never had anything to do with hub caps it's all new to me..so I'm trying to learn no where on any of these sites does it explain anything or what they work on so how the hell do I know, I'm just a kid not some old guy whos been doing this crap his whole life..it's just a simple question instead of being rude all you had to say was push thru wont work you need the chrome ones that are $6 at 5 1/4 x 2 1/2 and this thread would be over but nobody said that

20. Classic_Crime_Inc

Classic_Crime_Inc

21. First, you you should have a bit of respect for these "old guys" because they are the guys that will be able to help you (but with that attitude will tell you to fuck off). they are the greatest resource for younger guys who will listen.
    Second, age is no excuse for ignorance
    And the bullets look like they are what you are after as long as there is a way to attach the to yor hubcap, like an internally welded bracket or a threaded stud or something. Maybe you should email or call mooneyes for more details

22. Squablow

Squablow

Out of those options, I would take the ones that are 3 1/4 by 3". The 5" diameter base ones are too wide and flat for me, but now we're talking personal preference.

Generally, the bullets like the ones you linked to have a provision for a bolt on the backside, so you just have to center drill your hubcap and bolt the bullet on from the backside.

The push-through style bullets are made to go in the center of a wheel from behind so they don't have any way to attatch them to a hubcap, that's why they wouldn't work.

23. Classic_Crime_Inc

Classic_Crime_Inc

ahh yeah I dunno what I was thinking on the 5'' there way too wide..I orderd the 3 1/4 x 3''

thanks for the help everyone, really appreciate..I'll post picts when there on

and sorry to sound like a d*ck above..just didnt appreciate his attitue, it was unnessary