Register now to get rid of these ads!

Why do T-buckets get no respect?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xlr8, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Here is my T yeah so what if its fiberglass,and so what if you can't categorize it,its not a rat rod and the 1-800 billet crowd hates it.

Attached Files:

2. Chris Cissel

Chris Cissel
    from Fresno Ca

It does not matter if they are popular or cool. The only person that has to like it is the owner/driver.

3. andy fadster

andy fadster
    from uk

Dude, if I had a T like that, I'd wind my neck in before making really fuckin stupid statements.

"Let he that is without fault cast the first stone".......... or something like that. :)

4. To Tall

To Tall

i get "pickin eye" now thats funny. ugly but funny

5. DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez
    from Houston

6. Ichoptop

Ichoptop

give me all the crap you want about my bucket...then we'll run them from the light

Attached Files:

7. Willy59

Willy59

T-Buckets are bitchin', fiberglass is OK but doesn't beat original steel.
    But I still don't understand how people think they can get away with painting em BRIGHT FUCKIN' YELLOW

8. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

after reading every page in this thread all that comes to my mind is that some of you guys need to find better things to bitch about then fiberglass cars, and small block chevys. i mean fuck we are all in the same hobby here...... i feel that if a car is done right it should get respect from ALL of us if its a T-Bucket with a sbc. or a steel 32 ford with a flathead. which ever it may be it keeps OUR hobby a float.

9. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I agree totally and no longer can understand the bashings......thread feels dead.

10. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

thank you

11. Falcon_Rod

Falcon_Rod

I don't know who resurrected this thing, but thank you. I think I want to build one. :)

12. AZCOWBO

AZCOWBO

I have owned a half-dozen T roadsters, from original metal body to fiberglass. Love em' all, as long as they have a kick-ass motor, one of mine has a 650 HP blown 454. Just a little to much, but not as bad as the one in New Mexico with twin blowers and over a grand in HP. As far as the brass trim, my '77 in the albums section was outfitted with a few original brass parts, such as the headlights. A little is okay. The Santos/Buttera T, I am currently rebuilding has 24 kt. anodized plating wire looms, dash background, Gol and chrome coach lamps. It was built more than 20 yrs. ago, but just enough glitter to be attractive not gaudy. Bottom line Remember opinions are like axxxxes, everyone has one. or is it "To Each his Own."

13. AZCOWBO

AZCOWBO

Go to AZCOWBO albums. I have a ball with them. By the way Falcon, my buddy the bug man (exterminator) has been treating a little old lady's house for 10yrs, had a 69' Falcon 2-door coupe with 23K miles on it and a 289 V8. She gave it to him two years ago and it sits out in the hit Az. heat uncovered, disgusting. He turned down $9K for it right after she gave it to him.

14. AZCOWBO

AZCOWBO

I agree, my post was closed today because I apologized to the Hamby's I offended, because I mentioned the "B" word in reference to my non-traditonal suspension. It was built 21 yrs ago by a master hot rod legend. I'm a 3 day old newbie, I didn't know better, ha.

15. AZCOWBO

AZCOWBO

Love your rod,. What is the powerplant. I looks very cool.

16. You hit the nail right on the head:)

17. full house Mouse

full house Mouse

Heh watch it that's my mother your pointing at !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha Ha

18. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

I am not going to give any crap to anything Hemi powered. In addition to that you have been to Bonneville, which is more than I can say. T-buckets were good enough for Ed Roth (Tweety Pie & Outlaw), as well as Norm Grabowski (Kookie car). I would say you are in good company my friend...

19. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

anybody watch destroyed in seconds last night? was it the T bucket express that wrecked during the drag run? great footage though, at least he rebuilt the car.

20. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

if anybody happens to have pictures or footage of that thing running,let me know,great shot of him going down the line, old style gasser with the mask on and all. :D I want that shot for my screensaver

21. five-slot-mag

five-slot-mag
    from Illinois

One reason t-buckets get little to no respect is because of the brag factor. T-bucket bodies are cheap and available everywhere. Model A's and 32's on the other hand are not. Then you have the guy's who just have to have "real steel" whereas most T's are glass. That silly shit does'nt help. And of course t-buckets get a bad rap from guys who are scarred shitless of driving a car so close to a street legal dragster.

Everyone has this retarded idea that every T-bucket has a 350/350 combo. I can say the same about 90 % of the model A's and 32 Fords I see. I'm running a 455 Olds in mine now so there you go.

I'm on my second T-bucket and it's just as much fun as any model A with a 32 grill shell and gets just as many looks as any 32 ford with a flathead on Earth. Build what you like,don't listen to clowns that only copy what everyone else does and has done. And remember the most important fact of all: The FIRST HOT ROD WAS A MODEL T!!!

22. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

same attitude my friend had about his 427 powered T bucket..catch me if you can

23. streetrodman

streetrodman
    from Indiana

Right on brother, T's are cool. I'm a huge Ed Roth fan and built my car in tribute of the legends work. I call him T-Bone. This is no store bought kit car, It's a one of a kind with hours and hours of hard work. I like all kinds of cars, rats, bobbers, rusters, lowriders, classics, customs.....etc. It's ok to be different. Just drive it and have fun. That's what it is truely all about.

Streetrodman

Attached Files:

24. Gator

Gator

Well, there ya go.

25. Cary Foster

Cary Foster

Mine is right hand drive, currie rearend, 4 speed, unisteer rack running down the side. Mine is unique and if people dont like T's so what. Real car guys like'em all.

Attached Files:

26. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Ouch!

27. tjm73

tjm73

Hmmmmm...... I think it needs more skulls.....

Sorry not my cup o' tea (or "T")

28. AZCOWBO

AZCOWBO

Luv 'em I have three!

29. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

"Why do T-buckets get no respect?"

~See Example A~

30. wsdad

wsdad

I'm just painting mine BRIGHT YELLOW. Is that an additive - like flake or something? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.