Register now to get rid of these ads!

Studebaker Lark station wagons.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rudebaker, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

Been looking for one for a DD project and got a good lead on one yesterday just waiting for pics from the seller. It's a '60 and that's all I know so far. Don't know if it was a 6 or 8, 2 Dr. or 4 Dr., stick or auto. Anybody have any pictures of them hot rodded?

Engine and trans will be an off-topic carbureted 4.3 V-6 with a Comp Cams roller, Edelbrock Performer with a Holley 4 Bbl. and a tweaked 200-4R. I will probably keep the stock rear for awhile if I do get it. Should be fun but still cheap to drive.

2. studewoody

studewoody

i've been working on a 60 wagon for a little while...if you run any power lose the rear..a 4x4 s10 will fit perfectly. just change spring perches

Attached Files:

• 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      116.5 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      113.9 KB
      Views:
  3. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

Here is the Little Lady's '64 Wagonaire. She uses it daly. Still has the stock 259 with the Flight-o-Matic trans. Engine is good, but I might swap out the trans for a 700r.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

Just happen to have one with a 3.42, I picked it up for my '55 Commander when I discovered it had a Dana 27. I'd prefer to keep the 5 X 4-1/2" bolt circle on all 4 corners but I suppose I could have the axles and drums redrilled. My Coupe was an early '55 with the 224 V-8 originally and those got the Dana 27 but I found a Dana 44 out of a later '55 259 car. It will get a set of 1 Pc. conversion axles and an Auburn 19 Spline posi, yeah they make a posi for the 19 spline Dana's! Or did the last time a looked last Fall.....

"Crazydaddyo', nice Wagonaire. Why not a 200-4R? I bet the 259 would like it better.

5. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

With a little imagination, and a few bucks, you can make a kewl looking ride out of a Lark wagon.

6. rick finch

rick finch

Love 'em, especially the Wagonaires with the sliding roofs.

7. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

I'm long on imagination but short on talent and bucks. :rolleyes:

8. Allan Songer

Allan Songer

Why go to all that trouble when Stude Dana 44 rear ends are a dime a dozen and are plenty stong enough for anything that V6 can throw it's way? Plus, if you really want to go crazy you can "upgrade" the Stude 44 rear end with flanged Moser axles and a Lock Rite.

9. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

here's my '62
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  10. That is so freakinh SWEET!!!!!!!:D

11. mrvalvoline

mrvalvoline

I have a 60 lark conv. with a dana 44 from a v8 66 stude. It bolted in. only mod was E brake cable. it is behind a TPI SBC w/2004R TRANS. WHICH I

12. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

He actually has two wagons and several other Larks and Daytonas. Wagon #1 is too rusty to save BUT it is a Lark VIII and has a Twin Trac. Haven't received pics of others yet and maybe none are saveable but come Hell or high water that Twin Trac at least is coming home with me. ;) My Commander has a 4.09 to 1 open Dana 27 and I have a 4.09 to 1 open Dana 44 out of a '55 Prez' for it but Twin Trac would be icing on the cake even if the Larks are a rust bust.

13. mrvalvoline

mrvalvoline

(contuation) I abuse. no problems 7 wears.

14. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

I haven't noticed in a while but down Red Bluff Road there was for decades a sliding roof Studebaker wagon in a fenced lot along with a couple other Studebakers ans a dozen or so 50s GM cars.
    I'll have to see next time I'm down that way.

15. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

Thanks..

16. S1B

S1B

Hoping to do some trading for one soon myself.

17. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

Got to see the rest of the pics, there was one '59 sedan that was a "little" better than wagon #1 but it was still too far gone. Wagon #2 is a twin to #1 except for the Twin Trac. I'll see what deal I can work out for the TT but I think the cars will be headed for the crusher.

Thanks for the cool pics guys.

18. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

Keep us informed, OK?

19. Champ Trucking

Champ Trucking
    from indiana

Hey RUDEBAKER,I see you are in Illinois? I have a friend with a 66 Wagonaire he would sell. The 66 was the last year of Canadian production.This wagon was mine before I sold it to him. It was a non running barn find.Details: Factory 283 Chevy V8 (McKinnen Industries supplied)auto trans,power brakes,split bench with console,factory air. .All glass good.Frame is fine. Floor pan is very decent. Might need a couple small patches.Has 331 Twin Trac flanged axle model 44 under it. Will need brakes on rear.Front drums removed in preparation for a Turner disc brake conversion. has just hubs on it now . Rear seat is shot. Front seat foams are hard,but it comes with another pair of front buckets suitable for recovering. I think I threw in NOS front fenders and lower valance panel. Motor does not run,but any small block will fit those mounts. Mice ate wiring.It will need rockers and small patches on rear quarters. Passenger side doors and manual tailgate are off a 63 Wagonaire. They will need some rust work. Any four door 63-66 doors will fit that body. Yeah it needs a lot of work,but the body and frame are a great starting point since you do not find too many this solid to start with. Owners mane is Paul @ Interiors by Paul in Mishawaka Indiana.phone # 1-574-904-3317.He wants $850.00

20. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

Some from Australia. plus A lark Ambulance and a 56 Stude wagon.

Attached Files:

21. Paul

Paul
    Editor

here's a shot of my old rust bucket 2 door,
    long gone now, sometimes I think I should have kept it
    but then it would have needed the entire bottom foot or so replaced to make it solid..

Attached Files:

22. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

my brother is selling his,if anyone's looking...

Attached Files:

23. studewoody

studewoody

sure as long as you get the flanged axle rear or dump a pile of money into a 45 year old dana rear. theres 5 larks in my area all with 10 bolt s10 rears. this is just a late cheap alternative to buying axles and a posi

24. Hot Rod Scott

Hot Rod Scott
    from New Jersey

25. lo-buk

lo-buk
    from kcmo

The flamed wagon is my sons car. The rear end we used was from a 76 maverick, 8-inch bolted in with very few modifications. We easily installed it in less than eight hours.

NeonGodzilla likes this.