Register now to get rid of these ads!

Speedway Motors!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 345 DeSoto, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. throttlein

throttlein

I've never had any problems with Speedway, I love them and I always look at them first. Excellent customer service and fast shipping. I guess you can't please everyone.

2. When they rip off one of YOUR designs,
    and retail it for less than your cost,
    so there is no way you can compete,
    will you still say: "that's just the way it works" ?

3. Man I get tired of this shit. Half the time if you talk to people that bought a part from them or any of the other Low Priced places like Southern Rods, you find out that they bought from them trying to save money and then were upset because they didn't get the best part possible. It's like buying a Hyundai and expecting a Mercedes. Just because something is cheaper doesn't make it bad but the price cut had to come from somewhere ~ you get what you pay for.
    I have bought stuff from Speedway for over 30 years. Some of it was great some not so great. If I didn't like something I sent it back, no questions asked. Speedway has done more good for this industry than bad - end of story.
    I have also been a vendor to Speedway for years. I have even had a product copied and made off shore by them. The quality wasn't the same and most discerning customers knew the difference. I imagine it's the same with Steve's steering column. Can it be a bitter pill to swallow? Of course, but it is business reality. How many of you own Toyota's or Nissan's? A whole bunch i bet (and no i am not one of them). The early versions of their cars were nothing but ripoffs of English, Italian, and US cars. Engine designs were blatant copies - you could use Chevy 235 parts in their early straight sixes! Yet they are universally accepted cars today! Tell me some of the latest body designs aren't BMW ripoffs.
    As for the carburetor, I don't think it was ever meant to be a restoration quality piece - not by looking at. It was meant to be a low cost early style carb. Whether it works OK or not really still remains to be seen. As much as I respect Jere Jobe, I really want to see some real world testing on a real car before I pass total judgment. Again it wasn't meant to compete with originals or the English 97's but to be a low cost alternative. If it works, they met their objective, if it doesn't it will be improved or disappear.
    One last comment ~ I have seen quite a few Lo Boy 32's in person. They are a nice piece for the money and an easy way for a neophyte to get a Hot Rod on the road. I'm not sure how looking at an assembly manual tells you that it is a POS, but i can assure you the ones I have seen were decent. Brookville or Original Henry quality? Of course not - nor was it meant to be. Just a nice decent easy to build car that I would believe to be perfectly safe.

4. 6inarow

6inarow

X 2 - good for you Unkl Ian!!!

5. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

I buy little non structural things and such from them sometimes. Wouldn't bet the farm on their quality though.

6. Once again, guys...read my Post!...
    "I'm not a cheapskate, but I HAVE been looking around for the best bang for my buck in a 32 Roadster body...and ALL the bodies are getting an in depth checking out. I've looked at everything from the Brookville bodies to the bottom of the barrel glass bodies..and there is some REAL crap out there (the "Lo-Boy" among them)."
    After reading the Assembly Manual and checking out the frame for it (which looks like a Dune Buggy frame), and also reading that you should buy a Pinto cause you're going to need a lot of parts from it (including the steering wheel), I still maintain that it's a POS. I suppose if you pulled a rubber over a dildo, it would look like the real thing...to some people.
    And once again I'm NOT bashing everything that Speedway sells...

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  7. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

I built #2 lowboy32 kit and it was not a very good deal, however the instructions had not even been printed at that time and a few of the parts for the chaassis hadnt been figured out either. but it made a way kool roadster for the money .... it would not be a nostalgia traditional car at all for you guys i dont think., as for speedway i use them weekly and have never ever had a problem they did not solve asap and in a friendly manner.

8. rodknocker

rodknocker

Keeping this in mind look at the box of the next set of rotors you put on your daily driver, sold at napa or autozone.They too are chinese, and on probably a lot more car than our HAMB cars. I in no way agree with buying chinese products, but between them and mexico, the pickings are slim.This has been beat to death on here with the chinese battle anyway.

9. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I've been the first to rag on Speedway but I will also say when they sell a good product. You need to be an informed buyer, know what you are purchasing, ask questions, the old addage Buyer Beware should always apply. I live 80 miles from Speedway and have purchased many products from them with very few problems, but I try to stick to the name brands that they sell and check the in house products before I spend my money. They almost always seem to have it in stock and I can get it the next day, that's a plus.

10. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Lets not forget that Speedway sells alot of other companies stuff......basically they are a gateway to sell your product.Like for instense Holley is not made by Speedway,Tru-cool is not made by Speedway....they are the Costco or Wal-Mart of speed parts.
    So my point being that these parts probably are shotty from the manufactuer,but yes Speedway has to take the brunt of the complaints because the parts were purchased from them.My$.02

11. Nortin

Nortin
    from Canada

Remember when Hot Rod did the build of the Speedway Low Boy? They seemed to like it. Anyway, I wonder if Speedway Bill will read this?and I wonder what his comeback to it would be if he did one at all.

12. I agree that some of Speedy's practices are not fair, but there are ways to leagally protect original designs. The market for some of the stuff he copies must be big enough to bother with the hassles if he thinks its worth going into production with a knock off.
    I never thought there would be a market large enough to keep multiple companies making parts for a Ford engine last produced in 1953, or 1934 or 1927!!! Who would ever have thought enough folks would be converting banjo rears to open drive that people would actually compete for the business? It's crazy to thank that tens of millions of Strongberg 97s weren't enough! Fiberglass or steal? Who's quality is best? We're so fuckin lucky it's unreal. Brand new cheap or gold chain original, this is better than antique furniture or art!
    My experience with Speedway has been that if you don't like the house brand, they will take it back and give credit for the name brand in their catalog. Sure you're going to eat some shipping, thats the downn side of not using a local speed shop. Oh yeah, they tend to cost more. High quality hardware, rod ends race type steering or chassis components come from Lefthander Chassis for me, 'cause they are local. Often they are the same price or cheaper. Should I need a dropped axle, Stillman Valley, (the gas tank place) or the Hot Rod Shop on Charlse st. They are local and competitive.

13. krooser

krooser

I have a new Speedway catalog that I read as reference material. I honestly can't think of one thing I'd buy that's in that catalog that I can't buy from another more reputable supplier at a competitive price.

At least when I shop at Wal-Mart I can look at the label and see where it's made. If Speedway did the same I might buy something from them but I'm not going to order some part only to find out it's Chinese... let me know ahead of time and I can make a decision... keep me in the dark until it comes to my door? No thanks.

And the fact that they steal other designs from reputable hot rod suppliers that do all the research and development doesn't sit well with me.

I saw Speedy Bill several years ago at the Hot Rod performance show in Indy.... I thought I'd like to meet the guy but had second thoughts about his business practices and walked right past him. I'd do the same to Bernie Madoff...

14. Mac_55

Mac_55

Ill say Speedway has always been great with me . The tech guys have always been helpful and have always been very helpful if iwas having a difficult time deciding which way to go . When i order something from them , generally if i place the order before noon it is sitting on my front porch the next afternoon. Ive never ordered anything that they didnt have in stock , i think its a good company in a see of billet suppliers.No im not saying that they are without faults but i am saying they have always been good to me. Just my 2 pennys , spend em on what ya want.

15. Berzerk

Berzerk

I have bought parts from speedway when I needed economical products. I also realized what I was buying when I placed the order. I wouldn't blame a person or his company because I paid chevette prices but expected corvette quality. I learned something when I was a little boy, you get what you pay for...

16. zombo27

zombo27
    from E-town Ky.

If you are THAT worried you should never leave your house. There are lots of NEW cars running around on CHINESE brake and steering parts. I notice in a few pages you say you don't buy Chinese stuff. What about your Chinese drill press mentioned above?

Being a member of the UAW I say USA made stuff all the way, but damn you are being a bit fanatical.

Stay Cool.

17. Kramer

Kramer

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 12"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 12"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CGinia%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><link rel="Edit-Time-Data" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CGinia%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_editdata.mso"><!--[if !mso]> <style> v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} </style> <![endif]--><link rel="themeData" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CGinia%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_themedata.thmx"><link rel="colorSchemeMapping" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CGinia%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves>false</w:TrackMoves> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:eek:ther; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Arial; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Arial; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Arial; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-bidi-language:EN-US;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Arial; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Arial; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Arial; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-bidi-language:EN-US;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Arial; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Arial; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]-->
    Then why would you say what you said in your first post&#8230;&#8230;.

<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->Just wondering.:)

I have and will continue to buy from Speedway. How ever if I can get the same thing from my local hot rod supplier and can wait the 2 or 3 weeks it can take him to get the parts in then I will. But if I need it in a few days, then it comes from Speedway.
    <!--[endif]-->

18. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

I am absolutely pleased with everything I have purchased from Speedway. I am particularly pleased with their customer service, quick shipping and an above average willingness to resolve any issues with parts.
    And, I have been a customer for quite a few decades.
    Yes, there have been a few lower quality parts (china), but Speedway has always stepped up and made it right. "Speedy" Bill is a car guy, long on business experience, cares about his customers and a damn nice guy.

19. Just can't resist this! I refuse to go to Walmart! If thats the likely place in our small no-where-ville to get it, I go without or find it elsewhere. Strike a blow against the empire!
    As far as Speedway goes, I've bought stuff from them for our roadster project and have had nothing but good luck. Tech support is helpful and I use their catalog as tech and style reference. And the shipping is great - usually the next day or two. Now, I don't know about their "business practice" but overall, for my needs, I'm quite happy with them.
    But I still refuse to set foot in Walmart!

20. Abomb

Abomb

The Walmart of speedshops huh ? I love it.

Actually I like Walmart too. Those of you that want to pay more for the same shit, fine by me. I'll save my money.

As far as knocking off other peoples parts, well, it's not the "nice" thing to do, but it happens in every industry. What's anyone to do about it.

You guys can take the moral highground if you want, I work too hard for my money to waste it.

21. sota

sota

I have had no more problems with parts from Speedway then any other vendor out there. Maybe those out there that think that they can build a better part and run a company as well they should let their work speak rather then run another company down.

22. coupster

coupster
    from Oscoda Mi

I'm sorta pissed off at Speedy Bill this week he charged me $13 to ship me a $20 turn signal switch.

23. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

lots to learn from this thread. Some say speedy,s stuff is crap, some say its good, most say his service was good, but most all say chinese stuff is crap. Also its just business to BS the public, and buyer beware, thanks for sites like the HAMB where we can hear the BS and get an idea of whats goin on with products we buy.

24. Kinda like someone stealing your car.
    THAT would be a problem.

Someone else gets their hard work ripped off, oh well ....

25. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

If it's patent-able, patent it.
    If it's trademark-able, trademark it.
    If it's copyright-able, copyright it.

Protect what's yours.

If it's not an original idea/concept/thought/product/etc, someone is just building a better mousetrap; well, maybe not better, but cheaper.

I'm not condoning it, nor am I defending Speedway other than to say that's pretty standard industry practice in most fields...it's called competition and it helps the consumer. If there's only one player, he sets the price. If there's more than one, the consumer has choice.

Yep, quality comes with a price.

So most folks know how Speedway operates. Do you give your hard earned dollar to him? It's your choice.

When it's my dollar, it's my choice.

26. Abomb

Abomb

I'm a happy customer of yours, even though you did not come up with the concept of the flying eyeball......:D

27. Touché!

28. ... and my designs are not exact copies of the original.
    The subject matter is the same, but the designs are different.

29. Abomination

Abomination

I will say this - China can and WILL produce some awfully nice quality stuff... IF you're willing to pay for it. Because most go to China to get things done cheaply, AND China does cheap REAL cheap, they usually go that route.

But make no mistake - they can produce primo stuff, but you have to pay for it....

~Jason

30. Ernie, I dont think Bill is that into it anymore. His kids run the show, at least on a day to day basis. I stand by my statement that Bill has NO CLUE what the internet can do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.