Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Liquidation of crane cams, inc. .. :-(

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NITROFC, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Amazing corelation here. :rolleyes:

2. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Harvey is still with us ref:www.harveycrane.com :cool:reading to be had!

3. X CRANE

X CRANE

As an x Crane employee the only real losers are the employees. For the past few months we were told the sale of the business was in the works...then the doors were shut by the bank...

We now have no jobs, no benefits, don't qualify for cobra, and we find out our 401K and pre tax contributions to our medical coverage were not funded by Mikronite the past few months and now we can't even get a straight answer as to the future of the business

Now we have a job fair the same day as a liquidator announces the place is being auctioned..........what a joke. It appears that no one has the ba**s to tell us what is really going on

BOHICA!!!!

4. Bullet Man

Bullet Man

i try to buy american when i can but it is getting harder to do unless you have alot of time on your hands. last night i went to sears to buy a batt. charger for my drill and it was made in china, next i see a rack of baseball hats and they are all made in china with MLB logo on them all. two buys and all china! WTF! i find out yesterday GRANT steering wheels is moving from glendale ca. to mexico!

5. chevy3755

chevy3755

the future of things to come

6. FASI

FASI

As I stress to people around me, shop at Walmart and save a Chinese job. Shop American and save your own ass over the long haul. We need to get smart.

7. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

So what's a guy ta do? I'm to the point of buying old, used parts in place of new chinckanese stuff. From what I see coming out of china, I'm afraid of putting any of there stuff in a motor or other car parts. Folks, this is nothing new. It's been going on since the late 70s and nobody has done a thing to stop it. It's all based on the all might dollar and not quality, dedication, love for country, or any of the "corny" stuff we did way back when. This will never change until there is a major upheaval in the manufacturing sector here in the US. We read daily about how the china men are hacking computers at the pentagon and dept of defense but nothing ever gets done about it. I don't trust those little bastards and never will but, I guess that's the way we were taught back in the days of the communists regimes. They are a communists country and always will be, so, what's a guy ta do?:(:confused:;)

8. 35WINDOW

35WINDOW

9. Larry T

Larry T

10. CrazyUncleJack

CrazyUncleJack
    from OK

EngRish will work for a little while longer.

11. wally bell

wally bell
    from VA.

12. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Maybe you need to check Wal-Mart out a little better,I completely rewired my '54 everything at Checker/O'Reilly and Autozone in the way of terminals and connectors and switches were Chinese, at Wal-Mart they were 3M brand made in St.Paul Minnesota, there are a lot of USA brands at Wal-Mart you just need to look for them,blame the lame butt CEO's of American companies that stuff their pockets and outsource to foreign countries at the expence of the American workers' jobs.:mad:

13. Hyfire

Hyfire

You reap what you sow. Thank your fellow employees who helped take the company away from it's father then decided to sell it to a large outfit.

I can say with certainty that Mr. Crane loved his company and it was more than a paycheck. I can also say that the employee "Owners" didnt love it the same way.

You guys screwed the founder and now you guys are being screwed.

Sounds fair to me....

14. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

umm,,would seem if everyone had supported them more when they were in business,,they might still be :)

15. parksquijada

parksquijada
    from norcal

my question is...how many H.A.M.B.'rs going to the auction? :rolleyes: and could you pick me up a cam? :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  16. Larry T

Larry T

I know this doesn't directly relate to what's gonna happen now and is a little off topic, but who did "the executive group" answer too? Esot, the employee/stockholders, or ???????? Did ESOT answer to the employee/stockholders or were they an independent entity?

I guess I'd better get some work done before the people I answer to (my customers) fire my butt.
    Larry T

17. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

JeffB2 said,
    "blame the lame butt CEO's of American companies that stuff their pockets and outsource to foreign countries at the expence of the American workers' jobs".

Try blaming the people that are always grinding for a better price despite the fact that the quality doesn't mean anything to them anymore. All of you traditionalists out there looking for some Cragars or Keystone from "back in the day" might be surprised to know that a lot of the rims were "heche en Mexico" at a Firestone plant in Mexicali. And the reason very simply was that the EPA shut down chroming and polishing plants in SoCal. So before you start a rant on "greedy CEO's" check your facts.

18. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

I'm in ...double.

19. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

hence "employees"...wish more people could figure that one out...

20. Peter Mc Mahon

Peter Mc Mahon
    from Ontario

For everyone that wants to buy only American, I hope that you don't work in a industry that EXPORTS....cause your going to go out of business. It's a global economy.

21. Count me in!:D

22. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

HHMMM!! HAMBCAMS Inc. I like it so count me in too:D

23. krooser

krooser

Long winter?

24. What's going to happen to western companies (and the West in general) if the Chinese national government ever decides to nationalize all of the Western-owned facilities within their borders? Many of today's economists will tell you that cannot happen because once your country's GDP is tied to the worldwide supply chain, the mercantile aspects of that supply chain will 'keep you in line' and we will all just get along swimmingly so long as no one steps out of that line. Yeah-right. Think it can't happen? Think Venezuela and oil...If nationalization were to ever happen to western firms currently manufacturing in China, the results would be disastrous on an epic economic scale.

Sorry...I think I strayed OT but if North America and the West continue to sell off technology, plants, tools, dies and knowledge to businesses in foreign lands whose governments and policies may not always have our best interests at heart, we will rue the day if we find that we have sold off our very ability to manufacture, create or be competitive on the world stage of ideas.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  25. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Would be nice if they would bring back all the manufacturing and factory jobs to our country.That kept a lot of people in work and I feel did so much for our country !!
    Corporate got gredy bottom line and stop aring about the blue collar man imo.

26. Already done.

27. dbradley

dbradley

We have a winner..... right on target!!! And, this won't be the last as auto regulations get changed. Damn tree huggers.

28. drpushbutton

drpushbutton
    from Kansas

Crower Cams in California might be a good alternative. Not one Chineese anything.

29. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

This email was sent to me today thought I would post.

Unable to view this email? Click here to view as a webpage.
    http://www.liquitec.net/email/2009-04-06/index.html

<TABLE style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" borderColor=#111111 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=650 bgColor=#ffffff border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%"><MAP name=FPMap0><AREA shape=RECT coords=4,1,296,89 href="http://cts.vresp.com/c/?RacewayMediaLLC./b9e40cc044/1dc4235dab/3522c05713"><AREA shape=RECT coords=502,72,643,89 href="http://cts.vresp.com/c/?RacewayMediaLLC./b9e40cc044/1dc4235dab/2c876be179"></MAP>[​IMG]
    </TD></TR><TR><TD width="100%">[​IMG]
    </TD></TR><TR><TD width="100%">
    CRANE CAMS CONFIRMS - AUCTION SALE PROCEEDING AS SCHEDULED
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 10:00 a.m. EDT
    <MAP name=FPMap6><AREA shape=RECT coords=4,1,261,88 href="http://cts.vresp.com/c/?RacewayMediaLLC./b9e40cc044/1dc4235dab/1a4c45b67a"></MAP>[​IMG]

High Performance Camshaft Manufacturer
    All Machinery, $2+ Million in Inventory, 16 Trademarks,
    Patents and Product Line IP For Sale

</TD></TR><TR><TD width="100%"></TD></TR><TR><TD width="100%">Daytona Beach, FL - The sale of Crane Cams is on! Today, Crane Cams announced that it is "...committed to its scheduled auction date of April 22, and is entertaining as many interested buyers as possible." Crane Cams further stated that "Crane has no agreement to sell its assets to Scorpion Performance, nor has it received any offer of any kind from Scorpion."

Read the Press Release from Crane Cams, Inc.

LiquiTec was retained by Crane Cams to conduct a public auction of the company's assets on April 22, 2009 and is also working to sell the assets before the auction to a variety of buyers who have expressed interest in the company's very well-established high-performance valve-train and ignition components and product lines. LiquiTec is handling all negotiations in connection with the sale of the Crane Cams' assets.
    Contrary to public statements and news releases issued by Scorpion Performance suggesting that a transaction with Crane Cams was "nearly complete," and that Scorpion Performance was meeting with Crane Cams to "finalize the details," LiquiTec has had no discussions with Scorpion Performance whatsoever. Bob Gaudiosi, Vice President of LiquiTec Industries in Mequon, Wisconsin said, "Scorpion's repeated public statements suggesting their purchase of Crane Cams was imminent has created significant confusion in the marketplace. However, let me assure you, the sale is on and always has been."
    LiquiTec is currently working with a variety of buyers who have expressed an interest in buying Crane Cams® and related trademarks, its very popular product lines and related intellectual property, its inventory and its machinery. Don't be misled. Everyone has an opportunity to buy the Crane Cams assets. Act now because there are just 9-days remaining.
    LiquiTec is accepting bids now for inventory, trademarks, patents and product line IP. An auction sale of all remaining inventory and machinery will take place on Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at the company's former headquarters in Daytona Beach, Florida. The sale will also be broadcast over the internet via BidSpotter.com. For more information or to register to attend the sale, visit www.liquitec.net or call (800) 852-9252. The sale will be conducted by David S. Gronik, Florida Auctioneer License # AU3852.

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%"><MAP name=FPMap4><AREA shape=RECT coords=5,1,648,99 href="http://cts.vresp.com/c/?RacewayMediaLLC./b9e40cc044/1dc4235dab/1f255ee494"></MAP>[​IMG]
    <MAP name=FPMap5><AREA shape=RECT coords=5,2,196,66 href="http://cts.vresp.com/c/?RacewayMediaLLC./b9e40cc044/1dc4235dab/8d4e451f01"></MAP>[​IMG]

10218 North Port Washington Road; Mequon, Wisconsin 53092

800 852-9252 | liquitec.net

</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>
    [FONT=verdana, sans-serif]© 2009 LiquiTec Industries, Incorporated. All Rights Reserved.[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, sans-serif]Terms of Use[/FONT]
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​

<CENTER>
    This email was brought to you by Raceway Media, LLC.
    You received this email because you signed up to receive special offers from our qualified 3rd party vendors.</CENTER>

<HR color=#e0e0e0><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>[FONT=arial,verdana]If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please reply to this message with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line or simply click on the following link: Unsubscribe[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<HR color=#e0e0e0><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>[FONT=arial,verdana]RacingJunk.com[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial,verdana]106 Main St.[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial,verdana]North Adams, Massachusetts 01247[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial,verdana]US Read the VerticalResponse marketing policy.[/FONT]

</TD><TD align=right>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>[​IMG]