Register now to get rid of these ads!

My olds burned up in fire

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chitle, Mar 28, 2009.

1. chitle

chitle
    from ventura CA

Hey guys, Im pretty bummed my shop burned down the other morning and damaged my car and all my tools. Now I sit and wait for insurance hired fire inspecter to finish his VERY intence investigation. I did take the car out for a cruise the night before and felt very intune with her. I got phone call at 5:20am rushed to shop 4 blocks away, found fire fighters fighting fire in roll up door near car asked if I could get the car out of the way (car was still perfect at this time) They would not let me so I went around to front of building and just stood there and crossed my fingers. later when fire was under control, my co worker was over in a nabors yard and got a look,then he gave me the news that all the windows were blown out and could not see much more. later I went to have a look and the firemen were going to pull down a section of building over head and way to close so when they were having a game plan huttle I mossied thew the caution tape. I first opened the hood to have a look at fuel lines ect.. looked good so grabbed a chunk of card board threw it on burnt drivers seat, fired car up and threw in reverse blasting threw yellow tape. When I got out of car I was punished with words for a bit, but felt much better much faster. here is a link to news press and vid http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2009/mar/27/blaze-severely-damages-ventura-golf-cart-store/ I will post some of my pics of car later.

2. Wow!
    Hope you make out ok with the insurance people.......

3. Old61

Old61
    from PA

You can rebuild it better then before, faster, straighter, faster....

4. Fire!! Not a good deal for anyone. I hope all comes out well, keep us fellow Kentukians informed.
    Keep it nailed Sam

5. Pothole 31A

Pothole 31A

Tough break man. But at least your ok and your car is ok and everyone that could have been hurt in the building was not there. So maybe this is a sign to build something better and bigger. Good luck and i hope it works out for you.

6. chitle

chitle
    from ventura CA

some pics

Attached Files:

7. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

Second comment to the news article is interesting.

8. al_inbancroft

al_inbancroft

Tell em tough shit! Its not there car so they dont care. Fuck em!!
    So sorry to here this, but at least you saved her from TOTAL destruction.

Let us know if we can be of help.
    Regards.
    Al

9. RAY With

RAY With

Damn sure a bummer but look at it this way-No one was hurt and you got your health and ability to fix it better than before. Its definitely not a total to a hotrodder but will take a lot of blood sweat and tears to rebuild.Start tomorrow out with a new look on life and geterdone

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  10. chitle

chitle
    from ventura CA

Thanks guys , the car was just a driver. it had all the glass and trim ,never wanted to chop, But now cant stop thinking about the chop

11. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Wow man thats tough. Best of luck to you. . .

12. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Fire scares me ,

Sorry for your head aches to come.......

Could have been worse......

13. Best of luck man, I have tried flooding, really don't want to try fire.

14. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

Sorry for the loss.

15. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

That sucks man. Good luck, i hope you make out with the insurance guys.

16. noboD

noboD

That sucks!!

17. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Sure sorry to see and hear of your loss. I can relate as I almost had the same exact thing happen to my Olds. Shop caught fire, but I was lucky enough to be the first one to spot it. I used to be a volunteer fireman and knew how to attack the fire. Got it under control myself and was able to knock it down before anyone called it in. It was rolling with black smoke out of the door so bad the only thing that kept it from being discovered was everyone still hung over New Years Day morning.

I don't drink and viewed it as a good day to be in the shop without distractions. The place looked bad and a lot had to be replaced including the whole ceiling. My 55 Olds was right in the middle of the shop, but the fire went out around and over the car without hurting it.

God was looking out for me AND my Olds that day.

The insurance company worked well with me and things turned out pretty good as I hope it will for you. Your Olds will look good chopped or not, so you can't go wrong..................

18. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

Sorry to hear about the car, I don't understand why everyone says your loss, it can be rebuilt hell you drove it out of the shop thats a real good sign right there.

19. Fatality

Fatality
    from Arkansas

I almost died in a fire at a hunting club once. Since, I've seen a lot of people go through it. Sorry to hear about it. Car looked like it was very nice.

Hope things come out well for you. Glad no one got hurt.

20. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Man that sucks sorry to hear...

21. 3x2rocket

3x2rocket

I was just whining on the phone to a buddy about my Olds having been hit while parked for the 3rd time in 1 year when I read this... I'm counting my blessings now. What a drag! I have heard a couple stories of scenarios where ins. really paid out nicely, sure hope it works out well with yours good luck to you!

22. Fortunately, your car looks like it can be repaired. So often, a fire will total a car, even if it appears the damage is relatively minor.

I agree with what was said before - you took the risk and saved your property. The fire department's only job is to put the fire out, unless there is the possibility of someone being trapped that they have to rescue. So they griped you out. They'll get over it.

23. Heart breaker! Sorry man, that sucks.

24. Am there now, still dealin' with it. If your insurance is good, you'll do OK, but the claim forms will become a real chore. The car looks like it survived well. My Spitfire was a total loss. In my experience, the investigators are pretty decent. The guys doing mine seemed to be looking at the electric company closely.

25. wyoming

wyoming
    from My house

making out with the insurance guy sounds like a good idea but i think i would get a girl to do it for you jk that sucks i lost some cars in a fire once wernt coverd by insurance

26. red3

red3

That sucks. good luck with the rebuild.

27. Well, at least the building did not collapse.... sux!

28. Very sorry to hear about the fire damage, glad that nobody was hurt and that your car wasn't totally destroyed. A lot of damage and a lot of work to fix it, wish I lived close enough to come over and help you.

29. injunjoes

injunjoes

hey man that sucks, i feel your pain bud my car was in a fire a year ago, but keep your head up and just remember all those what if plans that we all have that now can be done, (thats what im doing) Good luck on the redo, i know it sucks but sometimes u just gotta start over

30. damn.