Register now to get rid of these ads!

Scrap

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DeucePhaeton, Mar 7, 2009.

1. sergisbadass

sergisbadass
    from Dallas TX

no jebus no!!!!

2. lakeroadster

lakeroadster
    from *

This kind of shit makes me sick.

Every time you think "that has to be the dumbest thing I will ever see" here comes another round of dumb asses.

3. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

human beings are some of the dumdest creatures on this planet.

4. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

Sad part is. You have a big truck like that on your property. The city inspector gets a complaint. You get cited. You have two weeks to a month to lose it. You put it up for sale and it doesn't sell, because people dont want the hassle of getting rid of everything once the cab is pulled (or whatever else) not to mention it wont fit on many trailers and tow guys are rapists. So, no one buys it, the city code compliance is coming back,,,,,,,, what do you do?

It's called reality.

5. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

No you move to nice country town where you can buy a block and call it your own.
    I see a lot of Oz folks are buying property in US because it's cheap right now. If we can do it with our shit money ,why not you folk? Then you can have as many old trucks as you want to save . If the local council comes and gives you grief ,tell them you are saving your nations proud heritage and if people can save old horses and dogs,why not antique trucks?.

6. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

SEE! Thats how I know there is no god!

7. guru/gregg

guru/gregg

i pass a scrapyard everyday to work,when he get cool stuff in he advertises it outside either on the truck it arrived on OR on top of something else where passer by's can see it.
    Thing is he wants a near fortune for the stuff and and seems to prefer to tease everyone rather than sell for a affordable price,AND the guys INTO rods i don't get it.

8. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

A Mate phoned me from down by Orange on Sunday to tell me had just bought a Chev Truck (1927) . Today he tells me he had met the owner at a swap meet some place and got to talking about Chevs. The seller said $1500, he said 900 and they settled on $950. The haul included a running truck and a ute load of spares,engines,guards etc. And....the seller has a 29 roadster ,complete and running for $5000. it's out there and near you. My old mate down there had a farm with load of flattie stuff stored on it .
    Have a look out by Condo or lake Cargelligo for tin,I lived there and theres plenty,even the local wrecker had piles of it. ( Trevor Ross at 'Oppy's wreckers')

9. woody2

woody2

That about sums it up. Death would be to good for those Bastards:mad:

10. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Reality check.99% of people see vehicles as nothing more than transportation.
    We are the 1%
    Drive around,talk to people,keep an eye open and buy the stuff before this happens.

11. Loader guys, some of them just don't give a shit. One yard I got into you had one smart loader guy and one idiot. The idiot in trying to rip a '64 Ford sedan out of where it was frozen down just kept smashing it with the forks. It came out in three big chunks, I think the frame never came out until things thawed. The car had been full of headlights - I saved what I could and made about $300 out of them - and I'm pretty sure the '41 Chevy spinner steering wheel I tripped over on the ground fell out of that car.

The same guy also was responsible for a '40 Plymouth coupe and a '26 T tudor that while the top had been hacked off, was a complete, buildable car and not really in that bad of shape, it had 4 wheels on it and wasn't sunk in the mud; even had a chrome grille on it; both crushed. A '38 Buick sedan that was complete I later found about half of the grille from and saved the hood ornament, they'd smashed it to pieces too. A '60 Pontiac that was pretty solid and a 2-door hardtop? Ripped out and the frame bent in the process. I got the 4bbl intake off it before it went though.

The one good thing was the smart loader guy was like the only honest guy in the entire scrap outfit. He let me buy parts and I paid for two cars which kept them from being crushed. Then the boss had them skip to come back when it thawed out - and left an antifreeze and oil spill and never came back. The guy was nice enough to send me my money back and I bought the same cars all over again from the next crew - who were also a bunch of dicks, but at least they sold us as much as we could buy.

But the last crew had a lot of cars to clean up that had been ripped apart and pieces left because the boss on the first crew had them scrap as much as they could and get the hell out. When they're frozen right to the ground, it doesn't matter how solid they are, they're no match for a big payloader.

12. gmgrunt

gmgrunt

Dipshit!!!!!!

13. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

That wooden tank was a thing of beauty....
    True to form, the doors are missing.

14. Just what I was thinkin'... the guy probably spent the last 10 years looking for doors and just got tired of waiting.

The tank would be really cool if it had the 3 hot sisters from "Petticoat Junction" in it.

JOE:cool:

15. Da Injun

Da Injun

That is the same damn thing I wonder....these people have to know that someone would be interested in it.

16. junk fiend

junk fiend

i was thinking the same thing they must be idiots or not car people. that thing was so cool, shame:mad:

17. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Rational thinking and common sense are as rare as a Dodo bird when it comes to this kind of situation. Pack up and move on.

On second thought print the thread out and repost it in another couple of days. Thats about how long it will take for another boring thread on this subject to resurface. Life doesn't make sense folks............get over it.

Frank

18. Hate so see shit like that.What a waste!:mad:

19. I feel sick to my stomach...I'm gonna go lay down now....damn!

20. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

Wow that sucks!!!

I saved my daily driver 4x4 f-1 from the scrapper.

It was on the guys trailer heading for the scrapyard.. I gave him scrap weight for it and he unloaded it.

21. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

Hope they all bought in places without zoning!around here your lucky if you can keep 1 unregistered car on your property!I know of 1 guy that bought a few cords of fire wood and neatly stacked it around his 63 Ford Galaxy then covered the "wood pile" with a tarp.This stopped the harassment of having an inoperable car in his yard even though it WAS covered with a tarp!
    America ain't what it used to be NO longer "home of the free"

22. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Thought about this thread a couple times today.Here is another take on it.
    The guy who owned it has been bashed.Scrap yard guys have been bashed.
    Well...what about the locals that knew it was there? That truck didnt just appear out of nowhere.People knew about it.Whats the rest of the story?
    Everyone on this board including those reading this post knows of 1 or more cars just sitting.More than likely most think the vehicle will still be there 5 years from now.
    Maybe the owners a cranky old guy like me...maybe not.
    If the rumor is the "old guy with the car" wont sell it pretty soon no body asks.Then one day it's gone.
    If you know of a old vehicle and it's not your style or out of your price range...tell folks about it in case someone else needs it.Talk to the owner,let them know there are folks out there that are interested.

23. the guys who did this are plonkers! (english term for idiot!) i have a buddy who works with a crusher an he always ringing up to see if anyone wants what they got before it gets crushed. they mostly kill jap cars wich aint a bad thing.

24. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

heres how it MIGHT have happened but this is just my guess.I have a farm near me with about 35 cars and trucks along with some farm machinery all older than about 67 NOTHING is for sale I know of at least 1 58 impala 348 3 speed car in the lot there are 2 58 chevys that can been seen from the town road.The crazy old cat lady that owns the farm will run you off telling you she doesn't need your money!I have known her for more than 40 years and everyone gets the same answer "NOT FOR SALE "Now when this lady dies either the extended family or the town will step in and to settle the estate these cars will get sold off to the highest bidder if not just outright scrapped to clear the land for a quick sale if the town steps in and siezes the cars they automatically get crushed and crushed ONLY the seized cars must be destroyed!Now you have a scrap dealer that is contracted to the town so he won't sell a car in fear of loosing his contract to haul town seizures so drivers won't sell off the trucks either.Many yard owners also are tired of selling "parts cars" only to have the buyer hound him to death about papers or the 100 other issues that can result from selling a car unfit for road use. I knew one yard owner that used to sell whole cars to guys like us untill he got sued by some nitwit because he couldn't register a car he bought without jumping through some state hoops.one crusher operator in one of the biggest around here told me that the yard owners have cars like this truck processed as fast as possible to stop people from begging them to sell when they are contracted to crush them.The operator said that they had cars come through that they themselves wanted to save from crushing but couldn't.thia is a long winded way of saying
    scenerio1= enforcement seized the "eyesore" and now it can only get crushed
    scenerio2=the old folks died and the car got sold off as fast as possible to settle an estate lawyers only care what something can get sold for RIGHT NOW not in advertising and taking bids or offers etc.

25. The best way to beat this kind of situation is to buy yourself a loader, a flatbed, and maybe a mobile crusher and become a salvage guy yourself.

26. junk fiend

junk fiend

or you just steal them from the people hoarding them:D

27. Well, you can try that, but we generally shoot first and ask later.

28. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Do you guys chase the budweiser truck and try to buy beer off it? No, because the truck driver couldn't sell it to you anyway. Same deal for a lot of these truck drivers, it's not their car on the back to sell and the customer or boss won't be pleased when you re-direct the cargo.

That guy running the crane at the scrap yard. Do you see a car lot out front? No. They get in huge trouble selling cars out of those places. Look into the regulations for dealer licensing and selling cars without titles. Would you risk your million annual profit in scrap metal over a $1500 car? Nope. The guy running that loader ain't getting paid to save em. He's getting paid to be efficient.

Starting to see the shoot the messenger logic in this thread?

29. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Man that sucks,those morons don't realize they wasted a lot of $$.A 34 Ford pickup cab is worth a lot these days much less the other parts that could of been saved. The toaster I just bought that came from Japan could be part of that truck, OK now I feel a little better ---NOT --- I would rather have the truck!