Register now to get rid of these ads!

T- bucket frame question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NYfatboy, Mar 23, 2009.

1. NYfatboy

NYfatboy

I just bought this frame,was supposedly from a T-bucket. I intend to put a transverse spring in rear.Its about 86 inches long and has these weird looking tubes at the end that were supposedly for coil overs.Has anyone seen a frame like this,it was supposedly aftermarket?Any problems with the short wheelbase?Thanks!

2. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

It appears as though a rear crossmember was removed from there? You might be better off building a new frame...

3. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

4. Chop off those spring tubes and add your kick up at that point, what body is going on it anyhow ? Here's what I did on mine it was a basic t-bucket frame that someone did a poor job of welding on. I ended up cutting it apart and rewelding the whole thing and adding to the rear to get my wheelbase where I wanted it. In hind sight probably would have been better to start from scratch but I already had this.

[​IMG]

5. RichG

RichG

It looks like you're gonna have yourself quite a workout filling holes and cleaning that thing up. I'm a scrounge, first class, but I think this is a bit much to get looking good for a car, maybe save it to utilize bits and pieces on another frame, the front crossmember and perch appear to be good pieces. I dunno, I just think it's gonna be more work and hassle than starting fresh, but then again, that's just my worthless opinion...:)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  6. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Hang that POS on the fence and kick yourself in the butt everytime you look at it for one month.
    Then buy some tubing and build yourself a frame. No sense in trying to fix something that was schmucked together by a know-nothing when you can do it right.
    Oh yeah, right after you finish your new frame, remove lesson from fence and sell to someone else who needs a lesson. (just kidding, cut it up and use the pieces to build a trailer frame.)

7. pitman

pitman

Get yourself three 10' lengths of rect. tube and go. See Brianangus thread first, on building a frame.
    You'll be way ahead, and yes, we've all been there. :rolleyes:

8. dorksrock

dorksrock

I agree, Buy some 2x3" 3/16 inch wall tube, and a peice of 2 5/8" round tube, and weld up your own frame. that way you can make it exactly how you want it to be the first time around...

9. HotRod33

HotRod33

build a new frame and save yourself alot of head aches.......

10. Ole don

Ole don

Take the advice given above. Buy tube. Measure twice, cut once. Tack weld only, stand back, sit and look, plan ahead, take your time, then weld slowly to prevent warping. Above all, have fun!

11. NYfatboy

NYfatboy

Ouch,Thanks guys!

12. dorksrock

dorksrock

Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  13. Kramer

Kramer

Yep, thats the ones I used. Lots of other information in there also.