Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Billetproof Florida 2009 Thank Yous!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choptop, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Choptop

Choptop

First of all... thanks to all for showing up. Ya'll make the show. All I do is open the doors and turn on the lights and music, ya'll determine with your presence and attitude if its going to be a fun day or not... and it certainly was fun.

The PoorBoys Tampa hit this one out of the park. They got everyone parked and in place in a VERY orderly fashion and had a good time doing it. they are organized and promoted the heck out of the show. Couldnt do it without ya'll.

Another thanks to Big Daddy Don Garlits for letting us hang out in his back yard. Its not everday you get invited into a legend's home and for that I'm greatful. His staff also kicks butt to help pull off what is the biggest show of the year at his place. Thanks.

All the clubs that made tropies and did the judging deserve a hand as well. GREAT torphies this year, really works of art.

Did ya'll see the model car contest? It was the largest staged in Florida. AMAZING work. Thanks to the MAGS club and Partick Parnell for a fantastic display.

more to come, along with pictures and some video...

but for now, one last beer and then I pass out.

2. Del Clark

Del Clark
    from DeLand,FL

My ass is sun burned!:eek:

3. PHQ2

PHQ2

Was that your ride in Street Rodders mag this month?

4. Awesome event. I was impressed with the organization. Them Poor Boys got their act together. The "life sized" Bill Hines trophy was amazing. On the down side, my ears are still ringing from the Hemi powered air raid siren.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009

5. Vermonster

Vermonster

Sorry I couldn't make it Allan... maybe next year...

Sounds like a great time, and I am looking forward to the photos!

6. Del Clark

Del Clark
    from DeLand,FL

Yeah...however I am pissed for spelling my wifes name "Tim" instead of "Kim". I look like a homo now.:eek:

7. Del Clark

Del Clark
    from DeLand,FL

Hey Alan...the show was great! We had a ball but it is hard to play music in the hot,direct sun. Instrument dont stay in tune and amps get overheated. My amp started breaking up from the heat and we has to cut the set short. Thanks for inviting Knockdown Dragout. We hope to get a spot next year!

8. Kenny P

Kenny P

THANK YOU!!! ....For bringin' it to Florida again, it's the highlight of my year!!
    Great job!
    Looking forward to the next one.
    :cool:

9. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

I had a great time. Thanks again to everyone involved in making it happen.

10. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

Alan in behalf of the Head Hunters cc we would like to thank you for putting this great show and letting us make a trophy, see yall next year

11. tommy v

tommy v

now thats funny

12. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I was wondering if there will ever be a post on the HAMB listing all the award winners / classes with photos of their cars and awards? Thanx, Gary

13. AHotRod

AHotRod

Alan,
    I enjoyed meeting alot of new folks and HAMB'rs this year. For us that work all day it's hard to find a minute to do this. The turnout was fantastic, and I want to say THANK YOU to everyone that made the trip.
    I hope you had Fun !
    Glenn Hayes
    "Poor Boys" - Florida

14. Choptop

Choptop

yes there will be... give me a little time. Right now I'm still cleaning up the grounds (the glamorous life of a greedy car show promoter... picking up trash :D), packing everything to get it all shipped back to the palatial Billetproof World Headquarters, and trying to fight off the urge to just collapse. :D

I think someone went around and took pics of each award winning car. Will have to see. But a list will be up soon.

15. msuguydon

msuguydon

Sobertoolman, Brian of the Poor Boys, took pictures of all the winners, with there trophies and there cars... give him some time.. I am sure he will get them posted...

16. Defisch

Defisch
    from Hudson FL.

Thank You Alan and Thank You Tampa Poor Boys the show was great we had a blast and look foreward to next year. Will it fit at Don's place next year?

17. Big Blue Car

Big Blue Car
    from Orlando FL

I had a great time, everyone did a great job. I am just happy my car made the 2hr trip up and back without any problems.

Again, Good Job guys.

18. hotsilver

hotsilver
    from Florida

Good show, I'll be happy when it comes around next year!!!!!
    p.s. The trophies are cool as shit!!!

19. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Yanked Boy Wonder out of school on Friday and headed down from Atlanta with the Sock Fuckers car club... The show kicks ass! We all had a great time, and can't say enough about the show's vibe, the people that put it on, the music, the cars--the whole encheeladda.

See you next year..

-Brad

20. THEKID49

THEKID49

Thanks to Alan, The Poor Boys, And Big Daddy. It was another great show. We had a blast, as usual, and look forward to next year.

21. vegaracechic24

vegaracechic24
    from Winder,Ga

The Show was awesome, great way to start the year off for me. I enjoyed the long ride down!!! Hope to see all yall next year. Great Job guys

22. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

I'm proud of our Poor Boy brothers in Florida for pulling off a hugh show while being a fairly new chapter. The bonding and brotherhood of the members is what makes the organization look smooth.

Congrats on another great show gentlemen, just wish I could have made it out there again this year.

23. phatbaby

phatbaby

Enjoyed it the weekend.....drove my car for the longest distance yet......had a great time....looking forward already to next year....the thing i like about it is when the spectators come in and look at the cars...there first quote isn't... boy that sure is gonna be nice when it's finished...ahhh it is finished....keep it going.....

24. iveroguy

iveroguy

A great time was had by all. Thanks once again for another fun weekend in Ocala. Of course we will be back there again for the next show. Count on us to build another Trophy if you want. Handing the winner his trophy, and seeing the look on his face was priceless. You guys rocked this show!

25. cisco88

cisco88

Thanx to everybody that put the show together and to everyone that attended. There was some great cars out there this weekend and I'm looking foward to next years. Hopefully, make it on my car. Great fun looking for best interior.

26. chevyshack

chevyshack

This was the first show ive been to where it was only pre-64 cars. I have to say that was pretty cool. Hopefully i'll find the time to get moving on my 52 and make the haul down next year in my car.

27. Thanks to everyone for coming, you guys make the show what it is... fun.

28. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

This time we had more folks helping us and had a good parking strategy which seemed to work very well. All that allowed us to get you in the gate quicker so you had more time to relax or whatever. Thanks to all of you for coming to the show. It's just going to get better. See ya next year. Mike

29. Gator

Gator

Everything about the show seemed better than last year, the car count was up, even nicer cars, a more relaxed atmosphere, and even the weather seemed better.

The only problem is how to top it next year!

30. Hats off to you guys - really great show. I was really impressed with the organization, trophies, setup in all ways - great work and I look forward to next year.