Register now to get rid of these ads!

Two Lane Blacktop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bob37, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Two Lane Blacktop is going to be on TCM ( channel 69 by me) Saturday 3/21/09 at 2:30 AM.

2. dirttoo

dirttoo

Awesome, I just set the DVR. Thanks

3. thanks for the heads up!

4. zombiemandan

zombiemandan
    from Wyoming

You know one of the main guys in that movie has never seen it? He refuses to whach it, and it was the only movie he has ever been in. He's actually a musition or some shit like that.

5. kein

kein

Zombie- That one trick actor is Jackson Brown. WAY BETTER singer than actor!!!!!!!

6. zombiemandan

zombiemandan
    from Wyoming

Thanks for clearing that up for me, couldn't remember his name. Definately not a good actor! Never heard his music

7. Thanx dude!!!! I've been waiting for that one a long time and would kick myself in the ass if I missed it again!
    \
    Check out the ass kicking machine on youtube, its a riot

8. dannyego

dannyego

Dang..I just bought it an hour ago!

9. I think you mean James Taylor... I heard he never watched it.

JOE:cool:

10. zombiemandan

zombiemandan
    from Wyoming

Now I'm confused which is it?

11. James Taylor is the "Driver"
    Dennis Wilson is the "Mechanic" (original drummer for the beach boys)
    Warren Oats (not sure on his character name right now) drives the GTO Judge
    Lorye (spelled wrong) Bird is the girl

Great movie. I own it

12. bonesy

bonesy

Cool - thanks.

13. Love the cars in this one, but as a movie........................

14. It was James Taylor as The Driver and Dennis Wilson as The Mechanic who was the drummer for The Beach Boys who is now dead from an over dose....
    (sorry.... should have read down further....)

15. You should check out his music.... it's pretty good. Not the garbage kids listen to today....

16. 61TBird

61TBird

this one?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aTNyjYEAvoA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aTNyjYEAvoA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

17. This is the only time that James Taylor ever acted in a movie. He is the only one of the main actors in the film still alive today (2009).

18. 61TBird

61TBird

That's not the right James Taylor.

Here's the right guy...
    <object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cwugjyeSKx4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ndhiyu7yFg4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ndhiyu7yFg4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  19. prl98

prl98

Dennis wilson drowned.

20. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

TiVo'd! Thanks man :cool:

21. pecker head

pecker head

Thats what I was thinking also !

22. How funny. I stopped at Family Video tonight to "buy" it, and they actually don't even have it at their store! But I can get it on their website for $30.99. :)
    I asked the neighbor to DVR it. We'll see if he does. ;)
    JK

23. de-fenders

de-fenders

Thanks for the tip, I just set the DVR!

24. What...? Jackson Browne died of an overdose...?

Ha ha... this thread is so full of misinformation.

I can see how that could happen. Jackson Browne recorded "Running on Empty" and James Taylor and Dennis Wilson did stop for gas where they met Warren Oates... and he was poppin' pills... with Professor Plum in the library with the candlestick...

JOE:cool:

25. I read the script in LOOK magazine in 71-72...
    Then saw the movie and LOVED IT!

Saw it again 4-5 years ago, thought it was a cheesey movie. Still enjoyed it.

James Taylor won no Academy awards.

After I saw the movie the first time I thought I must have a 55 Chevy with a 427. During that time you could buy a pretty nice 55 chevy body for $75. bucks. I couldn't even afford that.

26. vintagedrags

vintagedrags

warren oats character name was GTO. go figure.

27. Muttley

Muttley

Truly awful movie, but still worth watching for the cars. Makes Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry look like an art film.

28. hogridenfool

hogridenfool
    from chicago

My wife bought me two lane black top the criterion collection it's a 2 disk set the second disk has alot of history about the 55 chevy's that were used and where they are now

29. landst

landst

Just for info
    You can download it off of ARES

30. I always talked this movie up to my family and had not seen it in years. I bought the movie at a car show and had all the kids and wife get ready for its time at our house. Man, we even had buttered popcorn! I had everybody cranked up for this movie, ten minutes into it and they started to laugh and slowly disappeared. "But....but... you guys have to see the 55'." It was too late they bailed and I finished the popcorn. I caved too and admit the movie is lame but the cars are cool. I guess you had to grow up with primered 55's, Beach Boys, and street racing. Never could figure the ending, I guess it was a cheap way out. Someone out there needs to do a current HOT ROD movie, include scenes of some late night backyard shops, some cool builds, hangouts, geezer meets, without John Schneider, he might jump on the roof of your car! Anyway, until one comes out there is some entertainment on the HAMB Jive, check out some of the spellink.....er spelling deez guys post. :D