Register now to get rid of these ads!

how many HAMBers are pilots?...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dawg, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dawg

dawg

just curious, I still need about 9 hours to get my liscense...

2. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

OT and won't see the light of lunch hour, but nevertheless.

A yes from Trucked Up. :D

Around 15 years or more.

3. CLSSY56

CLSSY56

Some day.... This was taken at Weiss Airport in Fenton MO in 1976. I'm the short one.
    [​IMG]

Right now the only thing I pilot is my RC planes and helicopters.

4. just checked my log book,my first solo was October 12th , 1969..went for my check ride april 24th , 1970. the guy who taught me to fly was a former crop duster and actually crashed two of them in one day! i now have about 450 hours logged, but it has been a while since i been at the controls

the day i soloed , i drove a `40 Ford sedan to and from the airport

5. F.O.G

F.O.G
    from Pacific,Mo

<P>Since 1980 and to let CLSSY56 know that i made the nasty approach to</P>
    <P>Weiss a few times before it closed, never left skidmarks on Chrysler's</P>
    <P>new cars but came close!</P>

6. yup, A&P too

7. Not anymore. It got to expensive.
    Good luck on the next few hours. A few cross countries will get you there.

8. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

quoting Randy Quaid: "I c'n fly...I'm pilot"

I have been flying for a long time - SEL,MEL,SES,MES, Instr,Comm...

keep working at it - there's nothing more satisfying than accomplishing your goal, and then leaving the 'surly bonds of earth'

"maintain thy airspeed - lest the ground rise up to smite thee"

dj

9. hollywood 423

hollywood 423
    from west ohio

Not really a pilot. But I do fly a Weedhopper....

10. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

Yes all simulated... of course :)

11. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

This brings up a reocurring nightmare that wakes me in a cold sweat! Unclescooby here on the HAMB is a pilot. I am not sure if he should be driving let alone flying! :D

12. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Not a pilot, but I have been sky diving 3 times :D

13. bct

bct

my wife chops the wood , i pilot

14. Been flying since Mar 64, still go back to Alaska every summer to fly Float Beavers and Otters for Fishing Lodges. Will break the 16,000 hour threshold this season.
    Ratings:Commercial FW: SEL, MEL, SES. RW. INST: both. A&P Was flying a Beech Super King Air 350 when I retired from Military in 92 and flew up thru CH54B in RW. Super Cubs up thru Turbine Otters for Civilation side.
    Would not have traded it for the world, still have a C180 on floats in Anchorage and C185 here in the valley. Airborne too!!!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  15. movingviolation

movingviolation

Flew a Pilatus PC-12 commercially for a bit.....damn theres no money in flying....not near as much as it costs.

16. Puddle Jumper driver here.

SEL (Single Engine Land)

Started building an RV6A, got most of the empennage well started, built a helluva nice adjustable wing jig that would also fit the RV4's.
    (Longer wing)

Decided to heck with it, sold out and started building another roadster.

The wing jig lives on and I understand it's been used for several wing builds.

Kinda miss the flying nowadays, but the roadster is a good substitute....

17. spooler41

spooler41

I've had my ticket since '61.

........Jack

18. 6inarow

6inarow

Yep - SEL here too since '89.

19. CLSSY56

CLSSY56

Grandpa got his license there. I've heard a few stories ;) Him and his boss went in together and bought that 172 (didn't tell Grandma). Later sold it and got a Bonanza A-36 (company owned), sold later and got another Bonanza A-36 (company owned). He no longer flies (nursing home), but I get the itch every now and then, so I either get the RC plane out or put in a P-51 Checkflight CD in (hard to drive the speed limit with that cranked up, let me tell ya). Haven't played with the flight sim in awhile since I switched to a laptop.

Incidentally, Weiss is now at Spirit in Chesterfield as Weiss Aviation (or at least it was 10 years ago).

My Hanger:
    Parkzone Slo-V
    E-Flite Blade CP Pro
    E-Flite Blade MCX
    E-Flite Apprentice 15e

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  20. ATP, 13,800 hours. King Air 300 & 350, Cessna Citation 550 when I retired 10/6/2008. 41 years worth including 17 years as helicopter pilot.

21. rixrex

rixrex

Well, yes..but I do hold some sort of record perhaps for being the student pilot with the most hours, I've got around 4,000 hours logged, just keep your medical up and stay current in something, Oh, and the most important rule, no passengers, you can only fly by yourself or with another licensed pilot..Only two hours of those are in a modern tricycle geared radio equipped Cessna 152?..some sort of qualifying time I did from San Antonio to Austin and back..constantly on the radio with somebodys airspace/tower..all the rest are in tail draggers from Aeronca C-3s, Pietenpols, Heath parasols, Cubs, Tigermoths..Look up an Aeronca C-3 it is open cockpit with bicycle type wheels and your brakes are a pair of gloves!!..I was in the process of taking out the stock opposed two-cyl. boxer type engine and swapping in a BMW motorcycle engine, until my Dad put a stop to it..Hot-rodding!...

22. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

I'm not amazed that so many HAMBers take to the skies. An appreciation of things mechanical knows no bounds, and the desire to smash bugs is the same whether you're rolling to a rod meet or on a vector for your favorite fishing lake.

Attached Files:

23. I think it's simply the love of machines and learning something new.

I see a lot of hot rodders are shooters as well.

Some hunt and others punch paper.

Last summers resto project.
    [​IMG]

The big varmint gun.
    [​IMG]

Sitting room only at the cannon shoot.
    (Waiting for iced tea and cookies....)
    [​IMG]

24. 2200 hours of "Special Crew Time" in the back of a P-3C Orion, directing the pilots where to go.... ;)

25. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

No ticket yet, but I havn't given up.

Skotz here did me the honor of a few minutes in charge last fall...

[​IMG]

26. kratebike

kratebike

Commercial with Instrument and Tailwheel Endorsement.

Super Cubs are fun.

27. Mopar34

Mopar34

Used to pilot a friend's Cessna 182 between Baltimore and Burlington NC frequently back in the early 70's. Never licensed though.:eek: (I was a sunshine warrior :D). Went for training for a while but economic matters interrupted. Also flew another friend's Cessna 337 Skymaster 337. That was a neat plane. Kind of wish I had gotten my license, but that's history now.:(

28. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Soloed on Father's Day of '85, bought and flew home our plane, (1946 Aeronca 7AC/7CCM 90hp Champ) on Father's Day '86. Have a little over 1000 hours total and nearly 900 of it in the Champ.

Did a frame up restoration on the Champ in the early '90s and have my A&P with I.A.

29. Licensed A&P too.
    Pilots are just bus drivers with cool sunglasses.... Isn't that right DSiddons???

30. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

still learning in a slow as christmas Cessna 152. seems like I could run faster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.