Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Lowes Autofair....worth going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sixcarb, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

My sister in law lives right there so i thought I could make the wife happy bring her to her sisters and head over, how's the swapmeet? many early Rods? I would have fly down just for a couple days.

2. Get you ass down here. Find the HAMB village and you'll have a great time. There is a bunch of good stuff.

BloodyKnuckles

3. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

Any days better then others....looking at tickets.

4. JeremyJames

JeremyJames
    from concord NC
    1. HAMB Merc Club

come early if you can try to hit the swap meet up early friday...thats where you will find all the good deals. it will take you two days to see it all theres a ton of stuff. bloody is right hit up the hamb area and hang out for a minute....its always a good time.

5. Everyone is Getting set up on Thursday, most are set by Friday mid-morning, saturday is wall-to-wall vendors and spectators, most vendors are itching to head home by lunch. Given these factors, Friday is the best, good parts selection and lack of the competitive masses.

I'll be there Friday (actually Thursday evening). Hope to see you at the HAMB Village!

6. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

I'm told it's not worth the drive so I need to be ready to leave on Wednesday morning so we can get there. ;)

7. NVRA #84

NVRA #84

I did have a sign posted over the Van, but couldn't find it for the fall meet but we'll be in the same spot as always.
    [​IMG] <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

8. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

Here you go ...

9. FRITZ

FRITZ
    BANNED

We'll be there with my "Outlaw" clone for the Ed Roth display
    FRITZ

10. krusty40

krusty40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fritz - Make sure you come by the "village" and say "hi". Would like to meet ya. vic

11. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

Just booked it....be there for friday and saturday, thanks for the replies.

12. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Definitely a big swap and one that should not be missed. There is fun to be had and trouble to get into. Get down here!

13. Dude, any auto fair is worth going to. That's how I find things I didn't know I was looking for.

14. Anything with the name "Lowes" associated with it has to be worth doing! :D:D

15. Yeah! No Kiddin'! :)
    Hey Dean---uuhhhh....you think you could get us some free passes? :eek::D

16. NVRA #84

NVRA #84

Thanks Duce, but I meant I lost the Banner, I can't find the damn thing anywhere. Maybe if I can scrape some bucks together I'll get another one.

17. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

Watching the weather channel, depends on the forecast for fri. sat.

18. If only........................ Same name, different people. :(

19. Been there practically every year since 1977!

Of course, not much of a drive for me. :D

20. carmarket

carmarket

always a great time

21. hemiheadnc

hemiheadnc

...I'm suprised that no one has mentioned that Maxton is the same weekend....auto fair Thursday and Friday, Maxton Sat and Sunday....sounds like a perfect weekend to me......

22. evilone0528

evilone0528

I looked all over the place last year....never did find the HAMB village!Im not gonna make it this year.Have a blast guys!

23. Wildfire

Wildfire

You bet, I'll be there on Thursday. Maxton on Saturday! Only an hour or so for me.

24. vertible59

vertible59

I watched this thing grow from the old fairgrounds days into what it is today. Everyone with an interest in old cars should make the Autofair at least once, because there's something there for everyone. We even found a 1961 Chassis Research dragster there, with a narrowed OLds rear, front suspension, and all the tin work for the body. We used it for an advertising display at our trim shop for a while, and then passed it along to a flathead racer friend. Last time I saw it, the flatmotor was pushing it into the low 7s, in the 1/8th, at Piedmont Dragway.

25. hscott

hscott

yea I'm going to ecta in Maxton, never been.

26. 1oldrat

1oldrat

It's worth the trip.Last year was the first time I went.We're leaving Pa Wednesday night and will be there bright and early Thursday.I'm looking for a Model A coupe to bring home.

27. Butch/1

Butch/1
    from Dublin ,Va

Spring is far better than the Fall meet, twice as much to look at. Always a good show, make sure you bring your own snacks and beer, they rob you at the concessions all of them are owned by the speedway.

28. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Great time, especially if the weather is good. It is a mess if it rained before the show. Make sure you bring comfortable shoes. Like my mom says "You can't plan a good time, they just happen." I am trading it this year for the Maxton Mile.

29. STAGE III

STAGE III

Well, was gonna go but my wife lost her work and my business cannot make payroll (for us owners anyway) and I am too fat to climb a fence anymore heh heh.

But hope everyone else has a safe and good time..................maybe next year

30. Tech @ BG

Tech @ BG

We have some of our guys there set up with a display so go by and see them. Like some of the others have said,definitley a lot of walking and plenty to look at.