Register now to get rid of these ads!

Oregon Hot Rodder Murdered, anyone know him?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustom64ford, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Kustom64ford

Kustom64ford

I just heard on the local news that Mike Holmes from Salem, Oregon was murdered in his shop along with 2 other employees. Apparently they were shot and then the shop was burned down. I was born and raised in Portland, and sadly did not know him. It was said that he was a well known "Hot Rodder". Just wondering if anyone here knew him? Forgive me for not having more information, but like I said, just heard it on the local news. My condolences to his friends and family.

2. ratster

ratster

Police say they are going through a slow and meticulous process due to the fire damage.

Scene of fire where three victims were found.
    Salem-News.com photo by Tim King

(SALEM, Ore.) - Autopsy results show that the three victims who died on the evening of March 15th at 1375 Cross St SE died of gunshot wounds, Salem Police Lt. Dave Okada said today.

Salem Fire engines were dispatched Sunday at 6:47 p.m. to 1375 Cross St SE in Salem over the fire alarm.

Okada explains that the location is an industrial building housing the M.L. Holmes General Contractor and Myke's Rod and Chassis businesses.

"Upon arriving at the scene firefighters discovered the building was on fire and called for second and third alarms. While in the building, fire personnel discovered two deceased victims on the scene and requested the Salem Police Department respond. Officers and fire personnel later found a third victim in the scene," Okada said.

Autopsies conducted at the State Medical Examiner's Office indicates that the victims are 70-year old Myke Lavern Holmes of Salem, the owner of the business, 57-year old Kathleen McNamara Schera of Salem and 58-year old Michael Ruben Nelson of Salem.

Ms. Schera was the girlfriend of Myke Holmes, and Michael Nelson was an acquaintance of Mr. Holmes.

Okada says this is currently the scene of a slow and meticulous process due to the fire damage.

"Investigators and technicians are continuing to process the scene, and because the case is still actively under investigation, no further information is being released at this time."

Okada says anybody with any information should call the Salem Police Department Detectives Section at 503-588-6050.

3. invizibletouch

invizibletouch
    from Mobile, AL

Jesus Christ man WTF is wrong with people?

4. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

That's terrible. Salem's not that bad, is it???

5. Bad things can happen in good places to, what a shame.

6. Diamond49

Diamond49

So sad, makes you wonder what kind of people are roaming the streets these days.
    Prayer to the famlies.

7. 54metalman

54metalman

Hey Kustom64ford its a shame. I knew him from when I work for Larry P in Salem. He was a good guy. Kind of quite from what I remember. World going to hell in a hand basket I tell ya.
    My thoughts and prayers for the friends and family.

8. Kustom64ford

Kustom64ford

Hey there Chris. If anybody knew him, I thought you might.

9. 54metalman

54metalman

Its been about 13yrs since I have seen him. I meet him 16yrs ago. I just tried to get intouch with Larry to see if he knew anything more. No answer.

10. alleyoop

alleyoop

Yes he was a very goog guy,they did high end builds RIP mike

11. zgears

zgears

12. Born and raised in northern oregon with relatives down south in the Medford area..didn't know him.

13. creepyjackalope

creepyjackalope

My Dad knew him and had some work on his 40 Ford done by him. He was very talented. RIP

14. eddie_zapien

eddie_zapien

Myke and Kay (his wife) were to of the coolest people I have met, anytime I had a question about anything hotrods he would stop everything to help out. they will really be missed :( He specialized in high end streetrods but he had a warm spot in his heart for traditional rods. what a shitty deal.

15. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

16. GARY?

GARY?

Damn, more bad news. Sorry to hear it.

17. Mike Holmes

Attached Files:

18. SteadyT

SteadyT

That is so fucked up. RIP.

Its probably another disgruntled ex-employee thing like what happened in Alabama.

19. Ol_skool_Chevy

Ol_skool_Chevy

He did a little work for me.....I didnt know hin well but I thought he did nice work for a Fare Price

Attached Files:

20. A Rodder

A Rodder

I was at my shop in Springfield, about 60 miles south of Salem today looking at a 1950's edition rod and custom that shows a shoebox ford on the cover customized by a Mike from Mcminville, OR. That same car was at the Portland Roadster Show a couple weeks ago. If this is is the same Mike and I think it was that is a real sad deal. Please pray for this mans family, Joe

21. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

Myke was a nice fellow that worked hard and kept to himself mostly. Built some cool stuff and did it cheap if you wanted, or spendy if you wanted. We had just talked a couple weekends ago at an auction for a Dragster and lot's of '57 parts. His shop foreman,and right hand man was murdered also along with his significant other . I had never met her, but have heard she was a sweet gal. They always helped out when and where they could. Cool folks. There was also someone shot across town, about two hours later, with intent to kill, which the cops are keeping hush hush - not sure if connected but certainly suspicious. I think there is a significant person or persons of interest, but more will come forth on that as they put it all together. Just a screwed up, rotten filthy dirty assed deal. Scary that the MF is still loose in the world. Super frightening.

22. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

Joe - I think you are thinking of Ron Courtney's X51, the red finned sectioned shoebox that was at the show this year? Ron still lives in Mac.

23. A Rodder

A Rodder

I will check tomorrow. That is the car, I just thought the owner was a Mike. Do you know if Ron built it?

24. bellydraggin63

bellydraggin63

terrible situation, our prayers go out to the victims families.

25. gee I dont know.all the state politicans are there, as its the state capitol oh and the state joint also,so that brings all the riff raff that works at those places:rolleyes:

26. One thing the cops are looking into is a customer that apparently owed Myke about $200,000.
    Myke did some work for me in 2007, and did an outstanding job. Real quick turnaround. Super nice guy. That photo posted above is him with his national record-holding sandrail "Sandman". He hosted several cruise nights here in Salem every summer.
    I drive past his shop every night on my way home from work. Kinda hard to think about it.

27. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

This kind of stuff really sucks and sounds like it was probably just completely stupid and unnecessary. I never heard of those guys before, but wish their family and friends well. RIP.

28. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

oh man thats totally f#%ed up..I really hope they catch the bastard(s) who did this and fry em..does this state have the death penalty? if not..it should think about it for this case

29. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

That's messed up. Who the hell would do something like that?