Register now to get rid of these ads!

Deuce Coupe Movie

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cecil, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Cecil

Cecil

Have you guys got to see the Deuce Coupe Movie from 1992 ? It's (GREAT) I got a good copy and It's one of the best hot rod movie's I've ever seen.

Chopt 34 likes this.
  2. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

never heard of that one...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

me neither ?.......

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. Defisch

Defisch
    from Hudson FL.

Is "Deuce Coupe" the name of the movie?

5. Kerry67

Kerry67

More info please

murf 32 likes this.
  6. scottie

scottie

watch out for the bit where it rolls over, it suddenly turns from a 3 window to a 5 window with the side window covered up

heres a couple of screen shots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
    kiwijeff and kidcampbell71 like this.
  7. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Netflix doesn't carry it.

8. If this is the same movie, Alan Thornton of Flatlander's Hot rods put that car together from an older rod he purchased for that movie. They were based in Norfolk, VA at the time - Alan has now moved to NC and is in business out there. From what I remember had very, very little time to put the car together and paid for that dearly afterwards. It was hell trying to keep that car running all the time, idling for long periods and not have it overheat. I believe the car went out to California after the movie was shot as I think much of it was shot in the Virginia/NC area (but I could be wrong about that). I did see the car in person and it was one bad-ass little ride for its time. I never did find a copy to view it - I guess it never really made it. Glad to hear that it is still available from somewhere.

9. Does anybody know where a person can buy a copy? I might check with Alliance member coolstuff. He usually has some hard to get hot rod movies.

10. I have seen the movie and it is pretty lame. It is no American Graffiti. Aside from the fact there is a 32 in the movie it isn't worth watching. Pat.

11. Cecil

Cecil

Anyone want a copy just let me know ? I will make you one for $10.00. [email protected]

12. scottie

scottie

it has never been released on video or dvd, i had it on ebay and was contacted by someon who said they owned the copyright to the film :mad: and told me to stop selling it

13. You guys all know what Hot Rod movie you should be watching anyways.....

;)

[​IMG]

kiwijeff likes this.
  14. Mad Mark

Mad Mark

Never seen or heard of it, but it's ironic that it has Paul Le Mat and Candy Clark in it.

15. can we get more pics of the coupe????!!???!?!?!?!?!

16. scottie

scottie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

I was contacted by the producers for the use of my 32 three window (now Mark Gales of Bristol England ) for the star part in rollover scene.I think my anwser was, Have you lost your mind....They used an A coupe with windows filled. Both the Deuce and 55 Chevy belong two of my good friends .. My understanding is that the movie will be playing in Franklin Virginia where most of movie was filmed, the first of May...

18. toxictom

toxictom

i have this movie, its amazing..! like it when they buildup the deuce after that crash....but have it only in german language, sorry dudes..:D:cool:

19. how ironic!.......a 55 chevy,32 deuce coupe, paul lemat, candy clark.....sound familiar?

Attached Files:

20. is that a chevy small block w/a fake blower on the red coupe? oh and where can you find this movie????

21. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

Blower and drive was real,built by the late Bob Manning

22. I can't believe I missed this one....never heard of it, and yet I remember a made for TV movie with ringo Starr driving a flamed 57 Chevy. Go figure.

23. Gator Mc Klusky

Gator Mc Klusky

Yes I have it also in German. It was on TV a few times. It is called "PS-Liebe" wich translated means "horsepower-love"

I like the movie. It has a cool 50's feel to it, a good stoy and very great california Rockabilly in it. It says musical supervisor James Intveld at the end, and he is also there with some real great songs (Rocket in my Pocket is the title song), that sadly aren't available anywhere.
    Then Big Sandy and the Fly Rite Trio, and cool Rockin' Rebels "Let's Bop" Song.

For a movie of that year it is really good, though some wheels and cars are not period perfect on the drag strip, but who cares... I like 60's mag wheels better than steelies with hubcaps.

24. well i looked on fle-bay and amazon for this movie and found.................NOTHING!!!!

25. scottie

scottie

i can send you a copy but im in the UK :D

26. Chris5.7ltr

Chris5.7ltr

A few years ago I spotted this movie in the TV guide (on late) so I chucked a tape in to record it thinking it will be lame and show FA cars.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    When I watched it the next day I thought it was pretty cool.<o:p></o:p>
    I made the mistake of loaning the tape to my neighbour as I never seen it again and haven't been able to find it since.<o:p></o:p>
    Yes it's no American Graffiti but it's still pretty cool.<o:p></o:p>

27. Which movie is this??? Looks like something I need to see :D
    -Dean

28. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Hot Rod..TV movie