Register now to get rid of these ads!

Boston are HAMBers, Metalshaping Seminar

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 30 Buford, Mar 17, 2009.

1. 30 Buford

30 Buford
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Tonight at The Larz Anderson Auto Museum ,Metalshaper Guru Fay Butler will be giving a lecture/seminar. The doors open @ 6:00 seminar starts @ 7:00 ,I believe the cover charge is $15.00. I got two different start times in my mailers so you might want to call ahead.www.larzanderson.org

2. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

dang. i wish i heard about this sooner.

3. 30 Buford

30 Buford
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Correction? They tell me the doors open @ 7:00 and it starts at 7:30 .I'm not sure wich one is correct but this is the latest.

4. metalinnovations

metalinnovations
    from mass.

Is ths open to anyone? I would love to attend this and meet Fay. Is it just a speaking seminar or will he be showing some of his metal shaping greatness? Thanks, Jon.​

5. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

it's open to the public. this is from the website.

Lecture
    March 17, 2009
    7:00:pM

For more information call: 617-522-6547

Fay Butler&#8217;s Principles of Metal Shaping<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:p></O:p>
    March 17, 2009<O:p></O:p>
    Doors open at 7:00pm<O:p></O:p>
    Presentation 7:30pm<O:p></O:p>
    $15.00<O:p></O:p>
    Come see and hear from Fay himself the principles, techniques and art of metal shaping that has caused &#8220;the many&#8221; to beat a path to his door; including individuals nationally recognized in their own right as custom fabricators.

Fay Butler Fab/Metal Shaping is a family owned business since 1977. Fay&#8217;s life has been dedicated to the art of and education on the subject of compound curve sheet metal fabrication, serving the automobile industry from early development concept to reproduction of production pieces. Fay&#8217;s &#8220;hands on, scientific and practical&#8221; metal shaping seminar, started in 1989, is outlined along with a past seminar participants picture file. Fay uses and teaches the operation and use of virtually all the possible current metal shaping equipment.
    <O:p>http://www.faybutler.com/index.html</O:p>

6. 30 Buford

30 Buford
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hi Jon Its open to the public ,Ive been to other ones on different subjects . Bruce

7. metalinnovations

metalinnovations
    from mass.

I actually made it to the seminar. I got there around 7:30. Meeting Fay was great and I hope one day to take his class. He is one of those guys that you could just sit and listen to forever. Sorry Bruce, I did not get your message until this morning. I was wondering how many hamb members were there. I am in the middle of moving my shop now. Once I am settled I am planning on having a open house once a month, So all are welcome. I will post up the dates when we are ready. Thanks, Jon.

8. 30 Buford

30 Buford
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Jon ,No problem ,I don't know if there were any other HAMBers there .I met Fay and actually learned a couple of things. Keep me posted on the open house in the future and I'll try to make the trip So. Bruce