Register now to get rid of these ads!

Aussie Icon-- The UTE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oz40, Mar 3, 2009.

1. ehdubya

ehdubya

longer wheelbase, same load area as Ford

Attached Files:

2. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

i wonder if MR mathews still has his Val panel van?. man those things are like rocking horse droppings. A apprentice we had bought a nice one in 94....and wrote it off three days later . A 360 V8 4Bbl powered panel Van is not the sort of car for a pimply 17 year old....Me maybe, not him though. He was still paying off the wreck three years later.:D:D

[​IMG]

3. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

4. Could do without the Mad Max versions.

5. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

Could be worse,there are pics of B&S rum pigs :(:D:D

6. Noooooooooooooo!

7. Weasel

Weasel

Used to belong to a friend of mine 302C/4.9L - now in Alabama.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. George

George

The top 1 looks like the 1 in MM, what's it based on? The 2nd 1 looks like what someone started to do with my XC Ute.

9. koolkemp

koolkemp

Drooool!!! Any idea what its running for drivetrain?

10. ken1939

ken1939

One more for the hard of hearing.....

Attached Files:

11. LabRat

LabRat

First one not from Mad Max and is based on 78-79 Holden , Second is a photoshopped sedan :(

12. USMercUte

USMercUte
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I first traveled to Australia in Februaray 1988 to compete as a car owner at Bob Jane's Thunderdome in the first NASCAR race and quickly feel in love with the land down under. We have been to OZ 19 times since. I have since brought home a 1946 Mercury Ute which we use as our long distance traveler as it is great to cruise around the county in. We also brought back a 38 Ford Ute(which I have sold), and a very sad 51 Ford Ute which I am still trying to decide what to do with it. A big project. We love Utes!

13. caceo

caceo

OMG..... that FX ute is to die for...man, I love those...and would kill to have one over here!!! :D

14. caceo

caceo

cool job man.....

15. '48 Mercs are my favourites. Morris Z roadster utes are way cool too. I saw a '58 Standard Vanguard ute -2 tone red & white ( restored ) filling up here the other day. No camera ! Hope it's local & i get a 'nother chance to shoot. There was a sedan version @ 70's nats with 350 Chev & jag suspension.

These shots are from 'Events Coverage' prefix thread- 'Bear Rock Rodder's 03 /07/09 Mannum Rod run'- Jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3685212
    '61 EK Holden ( x3 ) Clearly evident is how Holden was caught napping when this model had to compete with the new Falcon & Valiant. Complacency probably bred from Holden's massive market share back in the day. Still, with thier fifties feel a very popular car with the early Holden crowd. Also pictured-

'47 Chev
    '63 EJ Holden

All South Aussie builds.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  16. George

George

W/O looking again @ the movie, the top 1 looks like the custom Ute parked @ the diner where Goose was eating when the opening chase went by. You can see it when he leaves. On the 2nd one the back roof drop off does look a bit squared up, doesn't it.

17. George the green ute could possibly have done movie work- the early 80's was the golden age of road movies down here.
    The ute was owned by a fella named John Ziegler from Melbourne. Not sure if he built it. It made a big splash in Custom Rodder & toured the big shows. A full custom with showy paint & interior & assymetric body mods f & r; looked well done & car had Jag rear & hot 350. Memory hazy but suspect body mods were in steel. A very cool custom which would make the scene at any picnic today !

Thanks flatoz 4 pics- The orange '34 of Clinton Horne's is a super hot- rod- Really liked Larry O'Toole's piece on this car ( which he kicked off the build on years ago.
    IT's a tough car with a wicked build spec. on the windsor. Also has 4sp./ 9". Know it runs 12's- maybe quicker. Kinda like a Shelby cobra ute- love it !

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  18. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

I owned the Falcon ute towing the caravan in mad max....:D.

19. LabRat

LabRat

Could'nt help my curiosity had to look .... and you are correct friend :rolleyes:

My memory of it was when it was Streetmachine magazines cover car ...

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  20. Nekronomicon

Nekronomicon

A couple of us hambers pulled this one out on the weekend...

39 Willys Ute, about 330something were made

[​IMG]

21. ehdubya

ehdubya

Attached Files:

22. yule16met

yule16met
    from Hudson, WI

I saw this on my vacation in mexico last weekend. Its a chevy tornado! I think its kinda cool! What would it take to get one of these into the states? Can I just buy one and drive it back?

[​IMG]

Please ignore the girlfriend. She discovered the joys of 2 for $2 margaritas!

23. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

yep,Thats a real one,They only made 12 because they're seriously ugly.[​IMG]
    I think there is one restored one in Australia.

24. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

This is what happens when you hoard stuff with no clear plan for the future regarding rsto or sale. Stuff deteriorates.For further evidence look in the pics at all the mopar stuff piled up around the place.:)
    [​IMG]

25. George

George

Where was this made? If it's Australian it has to be 25 years old for permanent stay here, less than 25 it has to leave in less than a year.

26. Definitely not Australian.

27. i love the 49-52 chevy ute's!

28. SixFive

SixFive

that Kingswood was in mad max briefly at the start. it belongs to John Zeigler. he used to own the Shell at the end of my street and i used to see it nearly everyday on the way home from school. and i'm pretty sure it's still parked in his shed behind my grandparents house.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  29. kevron

kevron

:confused:mine is a 46 chev coupe ute were they built hear or imports click on avator for more pics kev ;)as i cant seem to upload pics on a post just another nitwit :eek:

30. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

So wait a minute...I can get something close to a ute just south of the border, and 2 for $2 margaritas! What the hell I'm waiting here for?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009