Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Dayton Ohio meet and greet pics.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chris55, Mar 14, 2009.

1. chris55

chris55

Just got back from the M&G, and it was great to meet everyone. The weather cooperated, so thank you Lord. Some cool cars and lots of great people. Danimal won long haul award. (well there was really no award.) Not only did they come a long way, they hauled parts down for some folks and back for others, now thats H.A.M.B. folks at their best. Thanks to every one for coming out. And a special thanks to Brian for putting the wifes t-bird back together. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This car is oh so sweet, been owned by the same guy, and been a hot rod since the 60s. Recently redone by his sons.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    just so cool.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  2. chris55

chris55

Now all the cool kids
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    my silly daughter
    [​IMG]

3. vert1940

vert1940

had a nice visit with all you folks,can't wait for the next couple weeks for the weather to break to get out more.

4. super-six

super-six

My wife and I enjoyed it and it was nice meeting everyone. Thanks to chris55 for putting it all together.

5. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

Nice seeing everybody. We need to do this again especially when it warms up.

6. gassman57

gassman57

Looks like you all had a goot time...nice 'rides' !!!

7. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Got home after 10 last night. Found a PM from Vance the trans we hauled down doesn't fit. When is the next one so I can pick it up and bring it back! :(

Dan & Courtland That's us and all of our help moving Punkabilly 1306's Caddy into the truck. What a fight!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  8. Hey, and maybe you could even get some food this time!!!:D

9. TurboHaddix

TurboHaddix

We managed to get some zucchini poppers before we left :p and we were only there for about an hour.

10. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

That was crazy! Well my drinks were free.

11. Right?! Some service! We had to have been there 45 minutes, then ordered drinks, waited another 20-30 minutes till we got 'em, and then waited ANOTHER 45 minutes for food, finished the food with cottonmouth, then were asked if we wanted refills....on top of that we PAID for it AND GAVE A TIP!!!! And she didn't even kiss me or look me straight in the eye!:eek::D

But we would do it again tomorrow!

12. hollywood 423

hollywood 423
    from west ohio

As usual, Rozie whimped out on me, so I went down Sat. morning and didn't get lost on the way.That Stake & Lube is a far out place, but a country boy from the land of cows and corn up north still can't get use to eating a berger and beer while setting under a car. Thanks to Chris 55 for comeing up with this, had a good time . Seen some old friends and met some new ones. Thanks to TurboHaddix and his wife for bringing the Powerglide. If you do it again I'm up for it. First really fun Sat this year...

13. SniffnPaint

SniffnPaint

14. NoFun

NoFun

Great meeting everyone. Stayed longer BSin than planned
    Everyone was a lot nicer than I thought :). No fights and nothing got broke. Thanks Chris55 for making it happen. See if this YouTube works. Came up from Cincinnati and passed the big butter Jesus...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2YOCmLFFN0&feature=channel_page

15. TurboHaddix

TurboHaddix

I was the sound man at that Church for a little over 5 years. I want those 5 years of my life back. :D I did make good money though.

16. paintcan54

paintcan54

Man forgot all about that, my son lives right there in Dayton been there lots of times to eat, service is not their strong spot. I meet the people who owens the red coupe, looks good Mike, tell your Dad and brother Hi for us,sorry we missed it. The Pin striping looks killer. NoFun we call that Jesus on 75 the Touch Down Jesus, we laugh every time we see it, we go to traders world a lot in the summer. Mike hope to see everybody at Beach Bend this summer, maybe sooner.
    Fred C.

17. chris55

chris55

To all,
    I want to apologize for the rotten service. I went and arranged room for us a month in advance. Called two or three days before, to make sure the still had things ready. I even gave them an estimate of 30 to 35 people. They assured me every thing was set. Then they give us one waitress! WTF Called and talked to a manager, he said he thought one would have been enough.(ya right) So there will be more M&G but they WILL NOT be at Quaker Steak.

18. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Thanks for the efforts, Chris. You did a good job keeping in order (no Denise, but keep at it!)

Vance called us while we were at Stevo's place. Said he'd already ordered food. We got in the truck, drove from Vandalia to Quaker Steak, ordered our food and got it while you all were getting yours! The brunette was much better than the ding dong blonde. How many extra burgers did they bring out? I think they just kept bringing them out and adding them to someone's bill!

We'd still do it again.

19. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

No way...that is partly what made it so memorable and fun, in a sick kinda way. If it wasn't for the awful service:)p) we couldn't have just sat around and BS'd for that long. My brother and I even stayed out in the parking lot just shooting the breeze with HAMBers that were previously unknown. And I even gave someone "a hot tip" on my louver guy and had we not stayed so long that info might not have been utilized. I loved it. Thanks Chris for organizing when AND where!! Besides, that parking lot is HUGE so there wouldn't be any "loitering" issues if more of us got back together there sometime and gave them more business!:D

Thanks again,
    Brian

20. olddrags

olddrags
    from ky

looks like a fun trip, Rob(nofun) the Chevy sedan looks killer!!