Register now to get rid of these ads!

Calling all Minnesota/Twin City Hambers.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Newbomb Turk, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

That'd be awesome Jeff. We could hit your place and still take the 95 route. The whole purpose is to DRIVE. :cool: Screw short cuts. :D

2. titus

titus

well be going by the Jail on the way from my house so if someone is being a prick on the trip we can drop em off.:eek:

JEFF

3. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

LoL :d

4. piker

piker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sounds like a good cruise.I've cruised up that way on my motorcycle many times. Its been awhile i would be up for that but i work Sundays, Im not far from Titus(newport)and Ive got room If I take my 57.(in storage now)Keep us updated.

5. hotrod32@usfamily.net

[email protected]
    from st paul

wil you ever goin to get that thing done you know bob passed

6. Oh sorry.:( The last cruise night of last season. They really have a whingding that last night. It was the first time I had gone to it. It was pretty awesome:)

7. bobw

bobw

Does Titus have old cars? I'd go along for the ride too.

8. Hope not.:( It was fantastic last summer. They had 1500 cars and more a few night's and they did a grand finale at the Anoka Fair grounds. I wouldn't think they'd shut it down.
    The Hasting cruise night is still on, I just ment I went to the last one they did last summer. :D

9. Has anyone done Hot Rod Thursday at the Minnetonka drive in? It's really a great time.

10. piker

piker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey BobW How ya doing.What have you been workin on?

11. JRRoberts

JRRoberts
    from Madison WI

I'd be down for a cruise, I don't currently have anything HAMB worthly that driveable.... maybe I could snag my dads '48 Ford PU for the weekend or something.

12. Hey that drive in - that was once the A & W back in the early 70's at least last I knew. The park on the Wisconsin side of the river sure was a nice place to camp out at. :D Sure is nice up there in May.

13. bryan6902

bryan6902

Clarification about Anoka: Its going to happen this year but only every other weekend, I believe it will happen opposite Hastings. So 1st Saturday Anoka, 2nd Hastings, 3rd Anoka and so on. Thats the last I heard, so lets turn those frowns upside down!

14. tcat55371

tcat55371

New guy to this board. Love to tag along but I dont think my ride will be on the road in time. I'm building a 1917 D Bucket (Dodge). Would have been but Uncle Sam wants more money from me so there goes my car funding for a coupls months.

15. 55FORDWGN

55FORDWGN

Send me to jail......................

16. Scotch

Scotch

My '50 Buick isn't on the road yet, but if you don't mind a '67 Malibu wagon in the mix, I'd be up for this too!

Keep us posted!

17. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

I personally don't care what you wanna drive. I just really wanna do this!! I'm still shooting for the 2nd or 3rd weekend in May. I need feedback if that will work for everyone. This is gonna ROCK!! :cool:

18. Hey how about swinging by the locness? Well maybe not you would never get out of there.:D

19. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

HOLY crap! I remember that place and the clubs that used to be downtown Somerset. Bens i believe was one. Good times. :D

20. patina steve

patina steve

Locness....Now you have my attention.....I think it's closed ?

21. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

22. shop teacher

shop teacher

Like to have all you guys to the Bloomington Kennedy High School, Saturday, May 9 , 2009 10am-2pm Just about the first show of the year! We will show off our 2 builds- 35 Ford Pickup & 67 Caprice. This one is for fun- top twenty awards and $5.00 donation (need flathead stuff) - spring is 2 weeks long this year Thanks, Bill Johnson 952-681-6917 9 weeks left in the school year!!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  23. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

i cant believe that you just joined and NO ONE has ever grabbed the name newbomb turk on here!! how cool!

24. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

Actually, there was. I joined using another name and checked out of curiosity to see who was using Newbomb Turk. Turns out he joined like 2 years ago and never posted. Literally, never made 1 post. Hadn't even been active. So i sent a PM to Ryan and asked nicely if it was possible to get the name. He very kindly obliged. Ryan and this board RULE! :D

25. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

well, thats just too cool!!!!

26. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

If it works out for me I'd be game for a drive, besides I gotta get over to see Titus's place anyway.

27. deuces94

deuces94
    BANNED
    from Minnesota

I know everyone would love to do this in May. The early shows are fun cause everyone is ready to get loose after being in the house all winter. I'd suggest you be real careful about the dates. Keep in mind how miserable it can be in May. It seems like opening fishing is always rainy and the first nice weekend we usually have is after Memorial Day. I'm pretty sure if something could be set-up for the first weekend in June I'd be there for sure. If you do it in May I'm not going to commit to it however if I know what weekend it is ahead of time and it is a nice weekend I'll probably be there.

28. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

Good point. I just checked www.autoswalk.com and there are no big shows that weekend either. That being said, it'll be Saturday, June 6th. I really want as many people as possible. Any help would be appreciated. Tell your friends. We also need a good central starting point. Please get back to me. I'll post my #, feel free to call. Leave a message if i don't answer.

612-384-0966 Tim

29. deuces94

deuces94
    BANNED
    from Minnesota

Newbomb,
    Getting things in order to do something that weekend. What do I have to do to help arrange things? I'm a retired disabled vet and this might be what I need to put a little spark in my days. I can make phone calls, IM people or whatever it takes to make this thing happen.
    D94

30. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

Thanks man!! Yes, pm'ing/calling the folks who have replied here and asking them if the date works would be wonderful. That's why i posted my #, but some may not see it. If you have the time it would make my job much easier. The reason i want to lock in a date is so i can call the Drive In and let them know with as much advance notice as possible. It's a small business so if say, 30+ cars show with 2 people per car, that could create problems for them. Plus i'd like to let my family know in advance also. The more the merrier so tell your friends also. We can hit Porkys or something that evening on the way back too. Make a day of it. It's 2 + months away and i don't have a car to drive, but i'm pumped already. :D