Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects the F-BOMB

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rusty f100, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Finished both seats for my 56 f-100 nicknamed F-BOMB. i used black leather with a sunburst orange weave to match the two tone paint that i plan for the pickup. this is what they looked like before
    [​IMG]

this is what they look like now.
    whaddya think?

[​IMG]

2. RDO_23

RDO_23

WOW, you did that yourself - very nice work!! congrats!

3. this was my first drawing of what i'd like it to look like
    The F-Bomb1.jpg

this is a two toned version of it.

The F-Bomb3.jpg

im not sure if i want a black roof and follow the black to the top of the bed with a pearl and metal flake orange on the bottom 3rd or the opposite. have the bottom 3rd black with the roof and top of the bed orange.

4. skoh73

skoh73

Send me a profile pic and I'll photoshop it 4 ya. Or, post it on "the photoshop thread to end all photoshop threads" and you'll get some good feedback.

5. ttarver

ttarver
    from austin

sweet! got any pics of the process?

6. Like the seats. Very different

7. DUH!!!! i didnt even think of taking any pics while i was redoing the seats.

8. Vermonster

Vermonster

9. BoulevardBomber

BoulevardBomber

Those seats out of a rustang? I'd like to order mine in red and black please :)

10. 5window

5window

The seats look great. Nice work. But you might want to reconsider your nickname. Dave Freiburger's twin turbo Camaro beat you to the name and is a lot more famous-see Hotrod Magazine. It'll just look like you copied him.

11. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

I really like the baseball stictching. I've muddled my way thru upholstery, it's WAY harder than it looks. Hats off on that job.

Brian

12. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

thay look good i also like the base ball stiching very cool

13. i've had the name in my head for about 10 years now. and its a 56 ford pickup not a camaro? and if it came down to copying, alot of people name their cars like everone else. mable, christine, ELENOR. do i need to name more. F-100...F-bomb. thats where i got the name. not off some guys camaro.

14. yeah the orange took me another 1 1/2 to 2 hrs each to hand weave

15. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Those are very , very nice looking! I hope you can do an upholstery tech post sometime in the future!

16. Cshabang

Cshabang

I took trim class at Wyotech...we had a saying..."Stitching ain't easy"..the fact that you did Diamond tuck makes you a hero in my book..haha

17. thats where im doing it. i graduate and end my trim class in two weeks. its easier to weld a straight line to me than stitching. BUT I'M LOVING THIS CLASS. im 30 and coming here is the best decision ive ever made.

18. what kind of tech post? like a step by step how to?

19. Cshabang

Cshabang

i was there at 24 -25...grauated in 05...PA school. I too think it was the best thing for me..Took my fab skills to a new level

20. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

Actually Freiburger copied the name from Muffin's '27 T Roadster. The name showed up on Freiburger's car about a year after Muffin's car appeared in Hotrod Magazine March 2005.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/member.php?u=73340

21. 5window

5window

The seats are great and I don't really care what you call it. It's your truck.

22. Freiburger

Freiburger

Ya think my car was not in progress before that?

23. [​IMG]
    Some guy's Camaro? Do you know who Dave Freiburger is? It's very published, very recognizable. In fact it will even be in the new Fast and Furious movie. Then everybody will think you copied that car's name for sure. Even if you made up the name 10 years ago, your drawings are only from 08.

And regardless of who had it first, it will still be unoriginal.

24. Freiburger

Freiburger

And non-exclusive.

25. rjgideon

rjgideon

I'd like to say I give a shit about the name, but I don't. The seats are mighty fine, though.

26. Man, that is solid work there! Nice!

Great name, too! Who cares where it showed up first!

27. JeffroTech

JeffroTech

NAME, NAME, NAME... sounds like a FREAKIN' playground!!! Enough already, geeze!

Nice seats. Too bad we have to stomach all the STUPIDITY to go along with it.

28. Roothawg

Roothawg

So let's talk about the seats. Is this your first try? I'm impressed either way. I wish I could do upholstery.