Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ready for my hazing

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by lowagon, Mar 12, 2009.

1. lowagon

lowagon
    from St. Louis

Hi all, new guy from St. Louis here. Currently working on a bagged '65 Impala wagon but hope to start on a traditional hot rod once I'm done with this one. Not sure exactly what I want to build yet but hopefully this place will give me some ideas, and knowledge to get the job done well. Please forgive the billet in the avitar...:eek: Hopefully my avitar shows up.

2. 65PANELRAT

65PANELRAT

Gotta Love Those Grocery Getters! Welcome from The Land of Enchantment! New Mexico!

3. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

4. Lucky667

Lucky667
    from TX

lowagon, Hello & Welcome to the HAMB from South Texas.

Lucky667

5. chevy3755

chevy3755

welcome from Larry in Ohio

6. Dang!! Check out them 22's!! J/k welcome Steve

7. krooser

krooser

Dubs... geez!

8. Billet and OT, what a rough way to start, oh well. Welcome from somewhere in an empty cornfield in ILL-annoys. Luke

9. Where is there speak of billet or how is this OT Mr. Vtwin?:rolleyes:
    Its funny how when one smartass makes a comment the rest follow suit......
    All he said was he was working on it,wasn't bragging about it...Then he went on to say he wanted to build a traditional hotrod....

Back of.. keyboard commandos

10. Lowagon,
    Welcome from North Texas. It isn't too late eto make that wagon a little more taditional! Toss them big hoops and throw on some 15" supremes or 30 spoke wires! Dig the wagon.

11. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

welcome to the HAMB lowagon... now on to other more entertaining things...

its a 65 aint it? thats called OT. "billet" points out the wheels... billet isnt nessesarily a type of material, but an idea, or a style of car. so sit back and shut up. the guy KNEW he was gonna get shit, thus the title of his thread
    off has TWO f's. welcome to the board dork

12. so billet is what? a way of life....sounds like you know enough about it.....
    it's spelled necessarily...nice job Fagabond...

13. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

one of our representatives will be with your shortly... please stay on the line

14. see Steve I'm not the only one...:D

15. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

and, no... i do not know anything about a "way of life" other than family and friends... i said, in very simple terms (so that you'd understand better) that its more of an idea, or a style of build. guess you cannot comprehend real well...

16. maybe when I sit on the computer all day and get as many post as you I will......:rolleyes:

17. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

dont bet on it

18. RichG

RichG

Welcome lowagon, don't worry about it, not everyone is going to ride your ass, or your threads...:D

19. Fiddy's right, and it was meant as good natured ribbing (in response to the title). Personal attacks aren't our way on here. Thick skin and a good sense of humor are prerequisites around these parts. Once again, Welcome! Luke

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  20. rat29

rat29
    from California

21. lowagon

lowagon
    from St. Louis

Man. Apparently my billet has provoked a little message board scuffle. I appreciate the warm welcome even the the thread has been hijacked by a dick swinging contest. No offense taken about anybody's comments, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. 1964+ and 20's and 22's may not be everybody's cup of tea (especially on the H.A.M.B.) and if you don't like it that's fine with me. I do intend to build a traditional hotrod in the next few years, but 1st I need to convince my soon to be wife that I should have two toy cars at once (I'm not sure I could ever part with the wagon; it was my 1st car). Anyways, I look forward to learning as much as I can while I search for the right project car.:cool:

22. Rockit53

Rockit53
    from Berwyn, IL
    1. 37-38 Chevys

Welcome to the H.A.M.B...don't mind the action on this thread. There is alot of good info and people on here. You'll be amazed by the work some people on here do.

23. 30 Buford

30 Buford
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome and beware of the vocabulary police. Tons of talent ,experience and knowledge here.

24. howdy from oregon!