Register now to get rid of these ads!

Calling all Minnesota/Twin City Hambers.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Newbomb Turk, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

Ok, i wanna organize a cruise this spring/summer to here. http://www.taylorsfalls.com/ I grew up in that area a good part of my life and lived across the street from this place when i was very young. The house is still there and was built by my great, great grandfather. My sister is currently restoring the house. It was in my family for all but about 30 years of it's existance. I'm very serious about this. I need input on a weekend that would work for the most folks and a good meeting point. I see other folks on here have gatherings, why can't we? The Drive In has ALOT of history behind it and it would be cool to do something other than Porkys, Anoka, North St. Paul, Etc. at least once this summer. I'd have to ride along with someone since i'm currently toyless and will be for some time. Post suggestions, ideas and comments.

Thanks, Tim

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  2. When we raced supermods at Cedar Lake Speedway in the late 60's and early 70's we spent a lot of time in Taylors Falls and St. Croix Falls across the river. I remember a cafe in St. Croix Falls (Riverview?) that had hand-cut home-made french fries......ate there many times. :)

A cruise to that area would be a "blast from the past" for me.

3. I'd be up for it. Winter is sucking SO much.

4. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

31 degrees below the average today. :mad: It feels like it'll never end.

5. I know. It's like the good ol days (early to mid 80's)
    I did Hastings this year (the last one) it was phenominal

6. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

Hastings is done??? WTF?

7. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

I'm in for a cruise but then I'll go anywhere if cars and food are involved

8. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

I like the way this guy thinks. :D

9. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Depending on the date I'm up for it.

10. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

Cool, after we get some more responses we can discuss what date. It should be a day there's no big shows or anything.

11. ct

ct
    from minnesota

Newbomb-

Is the drive-in your talking about the one that's on the way to Wild Mt.? We could also go across the river to the Dalles Motel in WI. I saw Wayne Hancock play there last year.

12. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

Yup, that's the one. My mom worked at the Dalles House when i was a kid. I spent alotta time in the pool.

13. ct

ct
    from minnesota

That's cool. My Grandma used to take me there to eat when I would come and visit her.

14. The Wizard!

The Wizard!

I'm interested also! Swing by the Stillwater area and I will hook on. I hear Anoka is no more either!! I wish Stillwater would get on board for some car gatherings either Fridays or Saturdays. :cool:

15. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

We could take the 36/95 route and grab ya. Beautiful drive.

16. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

I hadn't heard that the Sat. night downtown Anoka River Run was no more.:confused:

17. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

Me either. :confused:

18. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

19. saltflatmatt

saltflatmatt
    Alliance Vendor

FYI ... The Lucky Bastards are doing a spring mystery run in May sometime. We will put up a post when the date is set in stone!

20. Im all for it !...any time for me ...Iam MSRA#47

21. 210sedan

210sedan
    from upnorth,wi

22. Count me in! Sounds like fun!

23. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

This is gonna be awesome!!! I'll throw out the 2nd or 3rd weekend in may? Let me know if that works for you guys.

24. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

I don't wanna step on your date, so please keep me posted. :)

25. Alienbaby17

Alienbaby17

In 2007 we did our annual club fall cruise. We stopped at that drive-in along the way.

[​IMG]

Some of the Lucky Bastards were good enough to come along and put some miles on their cars too.

If you plan on stopping at the drive-in I'd be sure to call ahead. We just happened to pull over there to stop for a minute for a nice photo-op and make sure everyone was doing ok. It was still pretty early and the place wasn't even open yet. One of the employees came over all agitated and overwhelmed and told us that we all couldn't just show up like that unannounced. Once we told her we weren't planning on staying more than a minute she seemed relieved.
    So yeah, I'd probably call ahead so that they can be prepared for the extra traffic.
    It is a cool little spot though.

NT is that your old house in the background?

Jay

26. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

The house on the left, you can barely see the porch steps. That's it. :) Yah, i would call ahead. Don't wanna run the guy outta food. :D

27. cstmlincoln

cstmlincoln

Hey Tim,How do you get to Talors falls from the fairgrounds?Sounds like something we would like to go to when we are out at the 50s.I know this sounds /////// but we are from Green Bay.

28. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

Snelling north when you leave the fairgrounds, 36 east/towards Stillwater, 95 north to 8, right on 8 and you're there. Look me up when the 50's gets close, we can hook up. I can PM you my phone number. :)

29. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

Here's a pic of the house. The limo was a fathers day gift for my stepdad. I was losing him to cancer and wanted to do something cool for him before he was gone. He was thrilled. :D

[​IMG]

30. titus

titus

95 out of stillwater is a nice drive, ive driven it many times, id be up for it if the dates work out, we could even have a little garage tour at my house on the way or something, maybe like a Rendezvous piont, but im just north of 94 for maybe that wouldnt work, or maybe it would.

Ive been to the drive in a few times too, neat place.

JEFF