Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rat or Budget Rod ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by daleyracing, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'd be embarrassed for anyone to think I had anything to do with this fugitive from junkyard wars.
    How do they get these P.O.S.'s to the shows? There is no way it will go more than 20 or so without disintegrating. Mike :eek:

2. coldwar

coldwar
    BANNED
    from USA

3. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

To answer your question, I call mine a HOT ROD. I detest any inclination of "we" calling our cars anything. This is still America (and probably will be for at least another few months:rolleyes::mad:) and as a country we resist being put into catagories unless it's to our collective benefit.
    Build what you want, make it safe so I can be on the streets with you, and when your done call it what ever you want. Just be prepared if you get negative responces because everyone isn't in love with it.

Frank

4. 61TBird

61TBird

I just call it "Mine"....

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  5. sergisbadass

sergisbadass
    from Dallas TX

i never understood the whole idea of grouping cars or labeling them i love all kinds of cars new and old. i think as long as your happy with youor ride it doesnt matter what you or anyone else calls it. just keep the sun in your face and the beer cold!!

6. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

7. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

Very, VERY slick 'bird!!!:eek:

8. burninbilly

burninbilly

hot rod, *R*-rod,traditional, yikes, people get all excited over letters that make a word.what ever you call them they are sweet lookin rides built with pride.

9. Cruiser

Cruiser

:eek: I say to each his own, call your ride whatever you choose. If someone calls your ride A "Rat" consider were it's coming from, brush it off and move on. The term "Rat Rod" was coined by a magazine type trying to be cool and noticed. You know the term is crap when it turns up on a finish car. *See below..........

CRUISER :cool:

Attached Files:

• tn.jpg
      tn.jpg
      File size:
      3.1 KB
      Views:
  10. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

He lives here. Drives the thing all over the place. Total pile of crap and the guy is a "bubble off" himself. BUT at every show, that car gets more attention, good and bad, then even the best built cars out there. You can't ever walk by and laugh at it without a camera flash going off.:cool:

11. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

I hope you were joking with those wheels you have mocked up on it, in your pics page on your profile!!!

12. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

BUDGET ROD? There is nothing budget about many RRs at all. Just 100s of thousands of dollars in great old speed and accessory parts, engines, and chassis parts being wasted in generally unsafe poorly built rolling junk.

Budget rods are built by common sense guys who mind their money, learn the fine art of scrounging and trading and swap meeting and eBaying, read the books, learn the terms, pay attention to the world around them and put together simple well built iron that every one appreciates when they see 'em.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.