Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The Cancer Car: Update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Butch M

Butch M

Glad to hear your doing well.man thats a real HOTROD..

2. farm boy

farm boy
    from reedley

Thanks guys; Finally getting back on board, I got weird hours.
    Gotgas... yes, I dig that stance I remember it and also the Mcmillan hiboy, sat that way too (with a chute):cool:
    Slim53...I had never seen that car before, WOW, where is it from?
    Wood guy....Sorry Man, There is a bunch of us Hambers with this gosh dang $h#*. Your finding out how powerful this HAMB is huh? I was on here lurking throughout my stay in Baltimore, six weeks. oh, I would think about the cancer but I would escape Into Hamb world, kept changing this roadster in my mind while lurking on here which was off and on all day and night. Prayin' for ya. Pm any time

3. farm boy

farm boy
    from reedley

HEY GUYS.
    Sinticket....Still workin' on the stance, got to get the ass up about 3 in. so the battery box won't drag, and the headers are 'spossed to to be parallel to the ground, Typical for me.... It looked right before :eek:. where did that extra 300 pounds come from:confused:...Thank you
    Racer756...Thank you and I plan on it.
    Thunderroad garage.... Thank you....I take my naps occasionally in that seat (sweet dreams) Cloudy that day, but the next day. That black actually looked wet! Painted by my Childhood best bud. He wouldn't let me shoot the black:mad:. I roughed out the body and frame for weeks then took it to him and he had me work on it two more weeks. then he, Greg and his son russell and another painter Jimmy spent a day before the final shot..PPG triple black, 2 stage....I love that guy. (Double Z hot rods). Dinuba Calif.
    Big tony....Thank you.. It did turn out the way I wanted...and as far as the steer horns:D When I spliced the two axles, I rotated the center down to make that double dip. as some one else noted the center dip is actually facing forward......Hook em Horns . I love that......Longhorns......and the head lights I wanted to keep small so they would not take away from the little engine:D
    Big jake...Thanks
    HRS....Thanks, Close, those happen to be plums and acouple of odd peaches and a cherry or two. My favorite time of year. drive out in the orchard, roll down the windows, take a nap.
    Thanks again, OLY

4. farm boy

farm boy
    from reedley

Thanks so much guys, for these great comments, I'll eventually get them all answered, Still got mucho work to do!

Jemm...I used chalk on the garage floor and donut shop napkins with black markers.....
    Autobilly.....I've always dug shinny Black with chrome...Got carried away sometimes and had to set back styudy it , Does this need it or should I paint....set aside so much money for the chrome and that's where I stopped. I'll soon do some photos In the sun. "unfreekinbelievable"
    Newbomb turk.....My brotherin law- buisiness partner- told me, no, ordered me, to just work on this car, exersize, and get well.....being the lazy ass that I am, that's what I'm a doin':)...Your soon to be partner is blessed to have you as a Best friend.
    Thanks again guys, OLY

5. farm boy

farm boy
    from reedley

Hum, never thought about that, I guess anythings possible With a little Jack!

Thanks Skip your always welcome. and your way too Kind.

Yea zipoleon, believe it's a 33-35 Plymouth, and thank you

Thanks Socal Pete..I get that way myself, just wishin my dad and brother where here....actually, I believe they are.....And I can't wait to rattle the the store windows on Main street in town....little devil

Wonder what a patrolman would think, seeing this in his mirror:eek:

Thank you

6. farm boy

farm boy
    from reedley

7. Jasonic

Jasonic

Fuck tradition. That car rules. I have a funny feeling now.

8. customcory

customcory

I say cancer has its way of lighting a fire under your ass and gets you going, if you can. I got a cancer car too, and I thrash on it everyday now like there is no tomorrow! Its one of the few things that can take your mind off of it for a little bit. By the way, your car is perfect, and I know its hard to get something to look so simple and mean at the same time, that design just flows. Great combonation of parts. I like!:D

9. farm boy

farm boy
    from reedley

Thanks Jasonic, I built it from my early memories of hot rods, '60, I know they all weren't gleaming, bling bling and such but I always thought, man these guys at the drags (raisin city and fomoso) really went all out on their chrome, and paint, and many did.
    So maybe it is traditional to my era, 60's bucket style roadster.
    OLY

10. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Evil , Mean, Sick 'n' Twisted..just the way i like em'

11. farm boy

farm boy
    from reedley

Hey Customcory; I hope your doing well, sounds like you got the 'ATTITUDE'
    Adjusted just right. What are ya building?
    Thank you, some things did fall into place but others......Lots of redo, sometimes I get to thinking I have built two cars...got lots of leftover parts:eek:
    probably enough to get my a-bone finished! OLY

12. farm boy

farm boy
    from reedley

Thanks Von Rigg Fink; I think when you build a car, it becomes an extension
    of oneself. I'm not sure about the mean and evil, but I am definitely, Sick and Twisted :eek::confused::p:D:rolleyes:.......I do want to grow up to be Clint Eastwood, but he's just BAD!:cool:

Thanks, OLY

13. customcory

customcory

Hey farmboy, as far as I know I'm doing good, thanks for your interest. I'm building a fenderless 56 VW right now. Its got a lot of traditional things done to it thats usually reseved for early Fords, its got holes drilled everywhere etc. I can get it done faster than my 51 Chevy at this point. I was going for little headlights on my car too.:D

14. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

evil and mean could be an extension of your own personality..when its pushed to limits no man should ever be pushed to....sweet ride

15. puschrod

puschrod

Never been a "bucket" fan but, this bitchin' little ride could be changing that!!! Absolutely BAD ASS!

16. farm boy

farm boy
    from reedley

Thanks puschrod.
    I was ok with them. I dig most everything homebuilt, Old, and HOT! But this being a Dodge Bros. I though..this could be different.
    OLY

17. puschrod

puschrod

...I didn't notice it was a dodge. Hell, that makes it even more bad ass! I'm tryin' to get my hands on a '29 dodge coupe. Keep at it, thats one mean lookin' SOB. Bet the grin on your face after a drive is impossible to remove.

18. farm boy

farm boy
    from reedley

Yep, 23 dodge bros.....Haven't driven her yet, but the moment I walk in the shop I start grinnin:D, and It stays for hours. There is a 32-33 DB coupe next door that had been semi rodded in the early '60s.....I like the look.
    Thanks Puschrod,
    OLY

19. Conder

Conder

THAT thing is raw unadulterated LUST. Thanks for the compliments, but !@#$ like that explodes right out of the '60s man. I'm just another awestruck bystander.

GREAT job Farm Boy!!!!!!

20. gustovation

gustovation

I knew it was a Dodge when I saw the cowl and grill shape because I'm building one myself. Man, what a sense of style you've captured. Your work on the wind shield frame is just stellar. I'm building a '24 Dodge track roadster with a Red Ram hemi, T-5, and a quick change. I'm about a year away from having it on the road. Your work is inspirational.

21. ABBoston

ABBoston
    from Boston

we need a youtube video of this car running!

22. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I just witnessed this car today at the Reedley Street festival.....Mark is just pumped on this car. I will put some photos up this evening.

23. that things breathing FIRE.

24. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

Something wicked this way comes...Shit!Wicked would run like a little bitch from this badass little bastard.I want one!

25. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

26. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

27. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

28. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

29. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

30. NealinCA

NealinCA

WOO HOO! Mark just sent me an email saying he got the car running...just after I saw these pics.

That's great news....and I can't wait to hear it!

Neal