Register now to get rid of these ads!

2009 VIVA LAS VEGAS - Shifters car show registration open - Updated info.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axle, Jan 8, 2009.

1. VonDust

VonDust

Johnnie, I'm about 70% sure Yancey isn't comming, and for Tom and Naomi... Its still up in the air.
    But for Mike and I, We've been planning this trip for the past 12 months, a two week roadtrip, we'll be there :D

2. LIMEY

LIMEY

Sorry Alex can't make it this year..... finances just won't allow, but if any of you fella's are
    considering going.... just do it you'll never regret it.

These guys bust their balls to make it work, great venue... great cars & bands, how could you not have a good time, just wish i could be there!

Kev.

3. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Talked to Tom the other day. I don't think he'd miss it. I even asked if you guys would make a trophy and give it out for your clubs favorite pick.

4. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

axel how we fairin bro , gambino kustoms will bring a trophy !

5. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Everything is looking fantastic ! Registration for cars are coming in every day.

6. Kerry67

Kerry67

Damn, I wish my car would be ready for the trip. I'll be there but the wagon will still be in the garage. Next year though..........

7. Tin Can

Tin Can

Me and my girl just booked rooms and flights last nite. Sold my sedan, and just started another project. Whats the price for spectator enty's?

8. Kerry67

Kerry67

$89 if you purchace in advance. $99 at the door. Correct me if I am wrong.

9. Tin Can

Tin Can

i was reading online and thought that included entry of a car.

10. Kerry67

Kerry67

11. Do not count on any being available at "the door". There are usually just a hand-full and gone in a heartbeat. Also, it's not unheard of for VLV to sell out.

12. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Weekend pass/wristband does include entrance in to the car show.

if you only want to attend the car show with your car the price is $35

13. Theopwk

Theopwk
    from Spokane WA

anybody from Phoenix driving out on Thursday? Everyone else who was going to caravan with me crapped out. So I'll be going solo. . . . .

14. Kerry67

Kerry67

I am heading out Thursday evening. Probably around 5-6 o'clock hopefully.

15. OLLIN

OLLIN

Just put 3.54 gears in my early banjo rear. My T roadster is now running good and i'm ready to roll. I hear the Emperors,Aces,Lifters, and the Cavaliers have all registered.

16. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

axle-- great to see you are having Charles Phoenix at the show. That almost makes me want to make the trip out! I've never seen one of his slide shows but I hear they're great!

I looked for the info about his show on the viva site but didn't see it, is it there?

17. Kerry67

Kerry67

Just over 2 weeks to go. Now I am really starting to Jones for this show.........

18. Tin Can

Tin Can

My girl and I are counting down the days....

19. MonsterMaker

MonsterMaker

Just to throw this out to fellow HAMBer's .....if anyone needs a garage/tools to work on their stuff before or during VLV, my garage is open and right up the street from The Orleans.

20. Megan,

The Charles Phoenix slide-show is worth going for all by itself. The ol' pics are great and Charles' narration is hilarious. His shows are Friday 6-7Pm and Sunday at 5PM. Load Denise up and get yourself out there, we'll have a good time.........one way, or another.

Johnnie.

21. kopis

kopis

Nice! Good to hear you got those gears in buddy.
    The Throttle Kings will be there too, gonna be fun!

22. VonDust

VonDust

Well, there will be only two Road Rockets driving out this year, Mike Sherron and myself (Dustin Cooper). Tom Culbertson and Naomi will be flying out. I'll be in the chopped '55 Desoto and he'll be in his '31 Chevy roadster p/u. We plan to leave on the 4th (saturday), and get there we we get there. I'm almost finished wiring my whole car as I wait for my tranny adapter from HotHeads to put a T-5 behing the hemi, if not, then it should make it with the two-speed. Toninte... me, Mike , and Tom Culbertson replaced the worn out 283 and powerglide Mike had in his roadster, with a pretty healthy smallblock and different tranny. I know we're not leaving much time for shakedown runs... but we'll find out somewhere in the middle of the dessert :rolleyes:.
    Since we're driving from Indy, we have no idea what the weather holds for us. Mike has no top, open headers, tri-power, bias-plys, new engine with some shit that is for drag racing, new tranny, and fixing some bad wiring from the previous owner.... the whole bit. For me, no heat, wipers, all original hemi, and maybe a new tranny with a bunch of parts I'm going to try to fit together. So there are alot of factors to weigh in for our trip, but sure enough, for those who will be there, you'll see us roll in sometime Wednesday... that is the plan. :D
    Axle, Johnnie, and everyone else who knows us... can't wait. I've been planning this trip for at least 5 years now.

23. elrobo818

elrobo818

i was SUPPOSED to go this year... but due to unforseen circumstances i'll be staying home that weekend...

hopefully my car will be ready to make that drive by next year.

24. VonDust

VonDust

Did not know about the trophy deal, we'll get on that asap.

25. Kerry67

Kerry67

What time does everything really get rolling on Friday ? I plan on checking out some Antique shops (for my business) on Friday morning and plan on heading over to the Orleans on Friday afternoon, spending all Friday night, all day Saturday & Sunday there except I am staying at the Imperial Palace. Rest of the time my wife and I will be around the Orleans hanging out.

26. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

Charles is great fun. If he wears his Mousketeer outfit then you'll really have to fly out !

27. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Thats awesome stuff. Keep my cell phone number with you through your whole trip.
    I'll be there Wednesday morning.

28. Dan

Dan

Wife and I are going to fly out, staying at the Rio. I'm getting fired up now that its getting close. Anybody know if a shuttle runs from the Rio to the Orleans or what the easiest way to get there might be???

29. daddio211

daddio211

We're just 110 miles out of Vegas, and we'll be there! Radial tires and all...

30. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Just walk right across the street to the Gold Coast where they have a free shuttle bus to and from the Orleans.