Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 50 Chev chop/section

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hoitink, Dec 1, 2008.

1. I ran tire paint for one summer on my car. Depending on how much you drive it you could be repainting every two weeks. I found the trick to it is to keep it thin. Three or four coat looks like a million bucks but cracks as soon as you start rolling.
    Sure looks good though!

2. PUTRID FAME

PUTRID FAME

thats a awesome car man good work, im almost done my 3" body chop on my 47 international, this gives me ethic.

3. skoh73

skoh73

You should shoot some pics of the International and start another thread- that would be cool. Let us know if you do.

4. skoh73

skoh73

What kind are you using for that? I painted mine last year and it needed to be done every few weeks. Anybody have any good/bad experiences with painting whites? I've seen the Ranger tire paint and the rubberized stuff that cat sells from Sweden, but not much else.

5. cafekid

cafekid

wow very cool i really like the section job but for me thats way too much work to see doing it to one of my cars

6. hoitink

hoitink
    from MB

It's called Krylon lol it's all I can do till I can afford some real white walls...

7. hoitink

hoitink
    from MB

It is a lot of work would take a lot of convincing for me to do it again but I never done a section before and now I can say I did one :)

8. I've used both the Ranger paint and the stuff from Swedan. To tell you the truth You can get the same results with exterior latex house paint! $10.00 a gallon! I think you could do you tires like 1,000 times?
    It's all in the prep. I washed mine with acetone then took a wire wheel (on a drill) to scuff em up a bit. Washed them with acetone again. Finish up with two coats of latex and Bob's your uncle. For a few weeks anyway.

9. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

Dude, I love this thread! what color are you thinking for the final product, I cant help but amagine (horrible spelling) it in a deep maroon. Awsome work so far keep it up!

10. Waldoz

Waldoz

Man, those tires look great! Just imagine how they'd look if the were real wide whites!! ... I can''t afford the real things either, I picked up some radial white walls with the thin stripe at a swap meet last year, may grind em out if I get brave enough... Keep it up, the drapes are kinda growin on me. Lol

11. C.D.O

C.D.O
    BANNED

what welder are you using?

12. Loud and Proud

Loud and Proud

nice! me likey like

13. hoitink

hoitink
    from MB

No idea never really thought about it seeing as I haven't even got it to the primer stage yet lol

14. hoitink

hoitink
    from MB

I have a Lincoln 180

15. Fishtail8

Fishtail8

Quick interior question, did you fasten the inner door panels with the factory clips, or some screws? I'm debating on how to hang mine. I see they have the channel at the bottom of the door for the panel to sit in I assume, then the rest just tucks under the trim? I had no interior so i'm guessin.

16. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

How about fender skirts???
    and awesone job!!

17. hoitink

hoitink
    from MB

Mine right now is just 2 screws with the vinyle glued and tucked around the edge of the panels

18. hoitink

hoitink
    from MB

Not going to run them in my opinion made the car look for fat from the side profile.
    But will have some updates soon as I'm getting some striping done this week on the car.

19. Waldoz

Waldoz

Anymore progress on this? How's the striping going?

20. This is the first time reading your thread. I'm quite impressed. I really love what you did with the front end, rear bumper is tits too.

Bravo man, bravo!

21. hoitink

hoitink
    from MB

Slow was pushing to get in World of wheels show here but was bumped out. So it didn't turn into much of a rush and we just got another snow storm so nothing is happening really around here lol, should have it all done in a week or two though. Will post pics when I get her done.

22. Waldoz

Waldoz

Thanks alot, sorry to be pushy, I'm just living vicariously through you. My truck's in pieces, a lot of pieces.

23. hoitink

hoitink
    from MB

No worries man didn't mean to come off all pissy lol

But have no fear I'll keep you all updated when my buddy comes by to strip my car.

24. Ralph

Ralph

Quote:
    " Slow was pushing to get in World of wheels show here but was bumped out. So it didn't turn into much of a rush and we just got another snow storm so nothing is happening really around here lol, should have it all done in a week or two though. Will post pics when I get her done. "

Hey there's always the MSRA Rodarama, April 24, in Transcona. Go here:
    http://www.msra.mb.ca/events/rodarama/2009/index.htm
    You'd fit right in, finished or not. Make this thread into a build book!
    Ralph

25. hoitink

hoitink
    from MB

I'm registered already should be fun

26. hoitink

hoitink
    from MB

So I got my friend Ian Kroeker to lay some lines on the car and do my trunk piece and he did an ah some job on everything.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. 52pickup

52pickup
    from Tucson, Az

whats with the rivits?

the lines are sweet

28. Pothole 31A

Pothole 31A

Car looks great! i cant belive how fast it all came together.

29. hoitink

hoitink
    from MB

There actually painted on just wanted something different get people scratching there head lol

30. chopt49

chopt49