Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Detroit Autorama 2009 (The most pics)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Steamboat, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Steamboat

Steamboat

Get comfortable guys, this is gonna take a Long time to upload. Basically Eric got Dave (Kustomrace) and I into Cobo on Thursday night, so I took hella pictures, and now I'm going to share them with you. A few you have seen already, but I don't care. I'm devoting my entire afternoon to this thread, so you guys had better like it.
    ;-)
    Enough gab-jabbin', lets get this party started!!!!

Detroit Autorama 2009:
    The Good, The Bad, and the Gay
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Steamboat

Steamboat

3. Steamboat

Steamboat

4. Steamboat

Steamboat

5. Steamboat

Steamboat

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After this, I called it a day, and made plans to return on Saturday, but wasn't sure with whom or how I would be getting there....................
    ;-)

6. Steamboat

Steamboat

So I'm trying to figure out what time to leave my house to get to Detriot, when Sethro calls and tells me hes already on the way there.................
    IN A 59 BEL AIRE!!!

WTF MAN!!?! I could've caught a ride with you!!!

I hear him conversing with the other people in the car about letting me tag along, it went like this:
    "Is it alright if Monterey John comes with us?"
    "Hell yeah."

"Get in your truck right now and head over to Ray's house, we're getting ready to leave."
    I hit the the ATM and roll every stop sign between my house and his. I get there and they are loading up.
    There are seven of us altogether. The driver Jay, Sethro, his Girlfriend Tina, her son Josh, Eric, Ray, and "Monterey John"
    [​IMG]
    Here's Jay and Ray fucking with the Carburator on the straight six, it was running rough as all hell, idling super low and had a piece of wire tied to the clutch pedal so he could yank it back up when it stuck to the floor. My window didn't roll down, and the door was having trouble latching. The radio didn't work, and the draft coming through the windows was intense. Not to mention the fairly large puddle of oil it left on Eric's driveway.

Let's go.
    [​IMG]
    She held her own on the freeway, with Jay's cell phone sitting on the dash playing metal.
    [​IMG]
    Ray enjoying himself.
    [​IMG]
    The big D.
    [​IMG]
    backing into the parking spot. The gentlemen on the right backing him in asked Jay if wanted to "Turn it around"
    Which he translated into, "You know.......candy paint, shaved handles..........I own a chop shop"

"Uh, no thanks man, have a good day."
    [​IMG]
    We left the car and made our way over to Cobo, with Sethro leading the charge with his pinstriping box.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here we see the Biscuit all finished. Black steelies, old school driving lights, and a fresh coat of Krylon. She looked clean, really clean.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  7. Steamboat

Steamboat

8. I like it!

9. Steamboat

Steamboat

10. Steamboat

Steamboat

11. Steamboat

Steamboat

[​IMG]
    The right way.
    [​IMG]
    The wrong way.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Steamboat

Steamboat

It was about this time I'm trying to take a picture of my friend posing with some chicks on they're cheapie camera when I feel some asshole stepping all over my Chuck Taylors!!! I turn around and its this crazy looking Grecian dude with an ear-to-ear grin, followed by a goofy-looking canuk, and a big tattooed teddy bear with a Los Boulevardos jacket.
    "WHAT'S UP FUCKERS!?!?!"
    [​IMG]
    Harry, Adamo, and Bryan, live from Michigan. Check out that rat rod they're looking at, Sweeeeeeeet.
    eusa_clap.gif
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Harry and Adamo's uncle John talked about Pontiacs for so long that our stomaches began to rumble, Adamo suggested we hike a couple blocks down to grab a burger. Word.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Friggin' tourists...........
    [​IMG]
    Harry showing you just what it feels like when your about to be be buttsexed.
    I swallowed my burger, and Harry had to wait until I was almost done to remind me to take a picture of it.
    [​IMG]
    There you go asshole!! Feel better!?! Peep the "cutlery". Not silverware, not forks and knives, but "Cutlery"

The waitress came by and asked if it was altogether, or seperate. I pionted at Adamo and said, "Yeah, hes the President, he's got it."
    badgrin.gif
    "What the fuck do I look like, Bill Gates!?!"
    104.gif
    "Hahaha. No, but you dolook like MC Serch."
    A few minutes of bullshitting passed, and Adamo picked up the bill andthe tab...............
    FOR SEVEN PEOPLE!!!!
    13702.gif
    No shit bro, thanks!!! If I knew you were gonna do that, I would've hit the bar.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sethro. Bryan. Adamo.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "Adamo, look!! A 300 pound sweaty black dude with no neck!!"
    "Huh? Where"

13. Steamboat

Steamboat

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Finally, it was time to leave, and they ducked out so quick I didn't even have time to say goodbye to my buddies.
    :(
    We went outside in the thunder and lightning, and made our way back to the Bel Aire. we all piled in, and it wouldn't start.
    [​IMG]
    Jay gets out and chokes it, while Ray cranks it over. After continually rolling backwards, we all get out in the rain and lightning and push it back up onto the decline, so the tired motor doesn't have to propel the big boat uphill. We get in and she fires up. Jay has bad eyes, and bad wipers. Not to mention $80 worth of vintage water decals on the dash.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sethro wanted me to put a disclaimer stating that he was not actaully sleeping in this picture so....
    *Disclaimer*: Sethro was not actaully sleeping in this picture.
    [​IMG]
    Jay, Ray, and Josh.
    [​IMG]
    The car was running rough enough to where he didn't want to chance taking each one of us home individually, so he took us back to Sethro's farm and went home. He gave us all a ride back to Ray's house, where my truck was, and they went off to get food, and I went off to bed.
    The end.
    :cool:

14. i dig all the pics but thats up witht the vans

15. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

dude that was some awsome pics, ........damn i missed the house of kolors display

16. 6-71

6-71

That Deuce roadster in the first picture was one of my favorites,That color really looks great on that car.I think there was a 56 F100 there that was the same color. I dont think it would work on all cars,but it sure looks great on that deuce.

17. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

VANS!!!!!!!! i thought the same thing!! please tell me vans ain't comin back strong. but sure looks like it.where's my cheech and chong tapes

18. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

outstanding coverage. Some of the best i have seen in a while. thanks

19. sawzall

sawzall

damn right.

cool stuff

great photos.. thanks steamboat

20. ThirdGen

ThirdGen
    from Wales, ME

looks like a great time. thanks for sharing the pics bro

21. SniffnPaint

SniffnPaint

so many pics. looks like a good time. heh

22. great pics,really glad to see vans hittin the shows again

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  23. ST. 515

ST. 515
    from TEXAS

Great pics!

-Saint

24. moon man

moon man
    BANNED

25. Scotch

Scotch

I opened a warm PBR, put a cigarette out in it, and held it under my nose while looking at the pics.

Just like being there...

Great pics!!

26. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

That is one of the best groups of pictures from any event I have ever seen, thanks!

27. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

Great stuff man!

Norton

28. skunx1964

skunx1964

29. Awsome pics, thanks for including the good bad and the ugly .I enjoyed seeing some of the non HAMB shots my favourite was the bmw isetta? with the rover motor Huh?

30. Fantastic pics and even better commentary, Steamboat! While viewing this thread, I felt like I was there almost....WAIT! I was there! :D

All my Detroit Autorama visits have been great but, this year was the best by far!

Joel