Register now to get rid of these ads!

Scrap

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DeucePhaeton, Mar 7, 2009.

1. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

2. OOOHH! I hate "snuff" pics

3. flathead6

flathead6

I knew better than to click on that link.

That sucks!

4. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

darn, that was a pretty intersting 34 Ford truck. That magnificent wooden water tank on the back was worth saving! OR was it an old Whiskey delivery truck from the hills?

5. 48reo

48reo

I would have given WRONG directions

6. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

LOL, yeah, like right to my shop, "Just dump it off over there by that pile of old tires..."

7. NOTCH

NOTCH

WTF!!! Those Bastards!!!

8. Being a carpenter makes seeing old wood like that wrecked as bad as seeing the tin! If that was not rotted there was several hundred dollars of oak or even maybe redwood that could be reclaimed!

9. blacksheep 1

blacksheep 1

I've tryed to buy cars off of the truck before they got to the junk yard before. Seems like you could give them triple the junk price and they won't do it! It's like they are a machine or something........"must get to salvage yard......."

10. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Man, that is too sad.

11. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

That's just wrong...

12. Gasr57

Gasr57
    from Ohio

D A M I T ! ! ! ! That sucks ! ! ! !

13. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

that is bullshit...........i dont know what else to say

14. -DMC-

-DMC-
    from Ohio

Stuff like this makes me shake my head. Pretty sick to see. The thing looked really solid too...Shit makes no sense to me...Would be a cool ass advertisement truck for a whiskey company, as it looked...Or even a tow truck...

15. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

i think im going to be sick.

16. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Its Sad to see .. Another piece of someones heritage Gone..

Just a Shame.. :(

Some people have no sense of value..

17. 48reo

48reo

this is one of those times when "just doing my job" carries about as much weight as "adversity builds charactor"

18. that is too bad. the scrap yard probably dinged him for the tires and all the wood, so he ended up getting 1/2 of what he thought. At less than $100 a ton to boot.

19. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

You bastards!!!! Why?

20. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

I had a 1st hand experience sorta like this back in the 80's. I was at a junkyard talking to the owner (i knew him) when this guy pulls in in a 65 Impala SS. Gold on gold, 327, auto. Nice car, no visible rust. Again he drove this in. He gets out and ask who he talks to about junking a car. Dave (the owner) says "that'd be me". The guy says, "how much for this?" :eek: Dave and i were like WTF?? He says "look in the drivers side wheel well". I Bend over and peek in and see a come along and some chain holding the rear frame rail together. Frame was toast but the car itself was really nice. He and Dave struck a deal. I never did find out what happened to that car, but it never ceases to amaze me what people deem as having value or not.

21. vertible59

vertible59

Stopped a guy on the way to the crusher with a '59 Ford wagon. It was actually a pretty decent car with minor surface rust and lots of accumulated dust and dirt. Sort of looked like it was "barn fresh", but didn"t think to ask...just thinking about trying to buy it. Of course the guy wouldn't sell it to me " 'cause the price of scrap is way up" and he didn't want to take time to unload it because he had others to haul that day. Tried to reason with him that it didn't matter where he dropped it as long as he got paid...didn't register. Then I offered him 200 for the front clip, but no, he didn't want to lose that much time...so, the whole thing is now 3 Toyotas, 7 Hondas, and a weeks production of Kias.

22. Sauli

Sauli

Ok, aside from the flatbed truck-driver being a total numbnuts, every time i see something like this I always gotta wonder WTF was going on inside that loader-operator´s head...

23. blacksheep 1

blacksheep 1

Probably, "that thing ain't fixable"...........little do they know.

24. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

LOL...
    Ok, aside from the flatbed truck-driver being a total numbnuts, every time i see something like this I always gotta wonder WTF was going on inside that loader-operator´s head...

I would imagine NOT too much.. .. Maybe the tune off of Jeapordy was playing in the back ground..

25. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

One thing to say about those HORRIBLE pictures, That is MOTHER FUCKERS!

Nick.

26. Damn that sucks...and I agree on the old water tank...That hurt almost as much as the old truck!!

27. The scrapyard guys ABSOLUTELY blow goats.
    A guy in Rainsville rescued a 26 T touring that some moron hauled in for scrap metal last year.
    Wp

28. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

:mad:That sucks big time!!!!! real un:cool:

29. x 2. I f'n knew better..

30. havi

havi

DUDE!!!!!

that sux. A triple whammy for me. The old Ford, the Tbird that I am an afficianado of as well, and I make similar shears like that. I live such a troubled life....and these pics don't help one bit.