Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Los Boulevardos presents- "Cruise To The Lake" -2/28/09

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Eryk, Jan 6, 2009.

1. daveyboy56

daveyboy56

(I hear you man. I was disapointed with God for not making it sunnier. It was only 75 degress... and it could have been at least 77... fuck you mother nature!. And what was up with the lake. It was at least 2 feet lower than in past years. Don't even get me started on the grounds keepers. They need to be given a stern warning... somebody should tell them that grass is to be cut in an angled pattern and not in a criss cross pattern.)

Now I dont care who you are that's FUNNY right there!!!:eek::D:cool:

2. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

3. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Are you kidding? We'll all melt.:D

4. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

A good sense of humor. Got to love it.

You should give the comedy club a try.:D

5. elrobo818

elrobo818

dang. hansen dam! some of the best times of my (short) life so far were at the blessing... 05 and 06... good times.

i couldnt wait to own a nice ride that i could cruise out there in... and now that i got it... NOTHIN =/ lol

yea i know theres other shows around... (primers, mooneyes, ink n iron, etc etc...) and the drive is always fun... but its also nice to have somethin close to home every now and then with good cars, good music, and good people...

i say everyone should get together to get the hansen dam destination up on their calendars as a must-go-to show again like the good ol days...

ey? ey?...

iono maybe im just ramblin on and on... its late.

peeeeace.

6. SIX-O

SIX-O
    from FRESNO CA

well i too drove down 3 hours and i think the cruise was great i too didnt show my ride but i hope 2 next year if it is thrown again.. No disappointments here.. I did not know any1 but was invited to eat and have a drink with total strangers such hospitality from the club shot out to them and thanks for the man in the orangeish red shirt who i ended up buying 5 raffle tickets rather then 3 only cuz he was taking a long time with the change next time ill have exact change haha... Thanks again fellas and hope to see u all next year oh ya and well worth my drive!!

7. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

Six-O... I promise that the slow counting of the money was no ploy to get you to buy more tickets. It's just that the cash was in my pocket and when my hand goes in my pocket... well ... let's just say it likes to play a round of the ol'pocket pool. :D

Thanks for coming out... and the kids at the Childrens Hospital thank you for the $5 bucks.

You are always welcome to a beer and whatever else we have on hand!!!

8. 59mercsled

59mercsled

i was not trying to piss anyone off i was just expecting a bigger turn out. I didnt know this was your first show. and the ten bucks i payed to park next to the show was a rip off. I am from oklahoma and we dont have many shows but the few we have are pretty big. This is only the second show in so cal i have been to and i just thought the sceen was bigger here. The weather was nice as fuck for shure. I hope you guys have a bigger turn out nextg year and good luck in the future. and by the way i dont know anybody around here so i didnt have anyone to chill with.

9. This is So-Cal and the "scene" is huge here....Primer nats in Sept. Pas Maria in May, Back to the Beach in May, Moon eyes in December, the list goes on and on.

We chose the end of Feb. to get together and have some of our friend come out. We chose Feb cause there isn't much in the way of gatherings during that month. It was a BBQ for friends not a full blown high end show that was promoted and advertised...that was not what it was about. it was about coming and hanging with friends and getting some free food and kicking back. The ten bucks to get in was for the park we had nothing to do with that. we will not be charging for this BBQ...next year will be bigger I swear. If you are looking for big shows that charge money do a search for the shows I listed above. they are great and there is lots more cars (and attitudes).

i truely am sorry that you did not get what you wanted out of this BBQ...hopefully next year you will be more dialed in to the HUGE scene down in San Diego and can convince a bunch of those guys to roll up OR do a BBQ of your own...When you come back hit me up and I'll buy you the first drink of the day and make sure you get a burger....

By the way the scene in San Diego is HUGE. maybe not at the base but there are alot of guys in Mission beach and just inland...look around...

Spec-

10. 59mercsled

59mercsled

i guess i just didnt look at the flyer you posted close enough. i am not trying to talk shit on your club at all. and it prob would have been fun if i was in a club and could cruise up with them or something. and i plan on hitting up all the shows you listed above.

11. 64sled

64sled

Don't sweat it bro, next time feel free to come over and introduce yourself. It's all good:). meanwhile why don't you check out the Los Boulevardos site.

12. 59mercsled

59mercsled

ok will do. I was in lower level truck club back when i was into mini trucks but sold my truck joined the corp and moved to cali. so now i am in a new sceen where i donk know anyone or how to find the parts i need. it is all new to me.

13. When I had the HAMB BBQ last year,there was only about 20,maybe 24,cars. But about 50 people! Nobody cared how many cars there were...We all hung out and had a great time and there was SOOOOOO much food,we were taking some home with us! It's more about getting together,than having a show! One guy and his girlfriend came all the way from Fresno,WITHOUT AC!
    If you didn't like that show/BBQ...don't bother coming to any of mine!
    Not as if Gooz was expecting 300 cars or anything,LOL!!! He would have been just as happy if 12 guys showed up...right Gooz!!!!

14. Don't be affraid to speak up! There's lots of great guys here,that know where to get ANYTHING you will ever need of want! Don't be a stranger...

15. No offense was taken...Seriosuly ANY time you are around and you see a Los Boulevardos shirt come by intorduce yourself and sit for a while..we will feed ya and laugh and make fun of your silly haircut DEVILDOG....

things take time...building a car takes time, throwing a BBQ takes time, building a club takes time and meeting new people takes time. take a breath and take your time....

16. 59mercsled

59mercsled

thanks man. and when my car get closer to done i will be looking for a club that is very family oriented like the truck club i used to be in. i am lookin for a group of people my wife and kids will have fun with to. I actually brought my baby with me to the show.

17. 59mercsled

59mercsled

and just to let you know my hair is slicked back when i am not in uniform altho it is pretty short on the sides.

18. TRUSPOKES

TRUSPOKES
    from california

Thanks for the invitation it was a real good turn out the weather was perfect the cruise to the lake was bad ass we had a real good time thats a good idea getteing together at brand park one of these weekends like the old days:cool:

19. zealot9802

zealot9802
    from SoCal SFV

Im sooo down for this. Lets make it happen.

20. SIX-O

SIX-O
    from FRESNO CA

ha ha... I know u were not after the 5 bucks .... Lol i only mentioned it to put a face to the post thanks again

21. lgh1157

lgh1157

I drove from ATL and i thought the show was amazing, i was just stoked to be there.

22. Caddyq

Caddyq

Me and my friend drove up from Santa Ana and had a great time. The weather was great and if anyone else is like me I'd drive 300 miles just to look at 1 car. Thanks for your hospitality guys and the free food. Hope to show next year but I'll be back.

23. 64sled

64sled

I thought i saw you there L:D.

24. Rooney00

Rooney00

Missed it byyyy that much,.