Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The Cancer Car: Update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Mar 5, 2009.

1. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

HAHA I didnt mean it in a college sense, but in an animal sense. I'm pretty much sports ignorant!

2. Bigjake

Bigjake

That car looks evil!!

3. HRS

HRS

I see Condor for sure....exaggerated, but proportional.

I also like to see those almonds in bloom...or maybe peaches...hard to tell from the pruning....gotta love CA in early spring.

4. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Conder....yeah, yeah, I s'pose.....but that sucker is right outta some of my post-it note scribbles as well! Absolutely!

GREAT JOB thus far, hope you're beating the crap outta that retched disease!!!!

Freakin' car is SPOT ON......have fun widdit!!

5. Naw, it nees those swoopy tires you draw~!;):p

But yeah, you are right!

6. autobilly

autobilly

Tuff lookin' ride! I dig the proportions, details and (as always) use of black and chrome. That front axle is bitchen!

7. The more I look at that car the nastier it becomes!

8. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

9. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

Scary and beautiful!!! :cool: My best friend and soon to be business partner is fighting cancer. Stay strong!!!:)

10. pastlane

pastlane

That is a kiss ass ride!

11. It's like if you left a modified and a FED in garage alone together with a bottle of JD.

9 months later... Evil was born

12. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I know Oly and he is such a cool cat and a fabricating maniac. Oly I am glad you sent pictures...I hope to see it in the flesh. Skip

13. I guess I have to be the one that asks, what is that front axle off of ? Is it a mopar? Love the car Mark.

14. farm daughter

farm daughter

Hey all - This is farm boy's daughter. Dad is still out at the ranch (wonder what he's working on) so I told him to head home and see all the responses. Dad's doing well - been off chemo for a bit, so that's always good. I know he appreciates all the blessings from everyone.

But isn't that car awesome?!? I may not know the difference between a sparkplug and an alternator but I cannot stop looking at the pictures.

One word Dad - bitchin'!

15. NealinCA

NealinCA

Got that right! Some of those hot rod genes musta made it your way...

Neal Jennings

16. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

Kinda getting all misty eyed that some one has the craft to build something so evil looking ..yet also beautiful.

I would drive that to work just to piss people off. No car or building alarm would be safe.

17. ABBoston

ABBoston
    from Boston

that head on view is wild - imagine that in your rear view mirror!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  18. Man, that little black thing is NASTY !!

Let's see, blown 650HP HEMI + 1700lb car + moster rear meats....can you say rapido acceleratus maximus?

Translation: shit scary

Rat

19. farm boy

farm boy
    from reedley

Hey all,
    Farm boy here...... WOW What an honor to have a spread like this! Thanks so much for all these kind thoughts and comments. Thanks to you ryan and my buddy neal, Stuff like this just lights a fire under me. got several calls this mornin' to go check out the jalopy journal would have been on sooner but...'honey do' list:eek:. Been smillin' all day.
    I still got that dang cancer but holdin' my own, as my baby, farmers daughter, just said I've been off chemo for about 9 months now and swimming 3-4 miles a week to keep the rest of my body healthy, my cancer markers have stablized and have dropped off a little.
    And Conder....Ryan, I had been following his build of thoses 2 beatifull diggers for several years now, and had the pleasure of meeting him last year at bakersfield..This cancer car is the closest I'll ever get to piloting one of those.
    I'll try to respond to all your comments here tonight.
    Thanks again eveyone, OLY

The cancer car lives
    Give to cancer research

20. I've looked at the pics of this car at least 10 times today, trying to come up with something to say about it...I'll I've got is SINISTER....

I love it.

Bryan

21. farm boy

farm boy
    from reedley

Thanks Tman. yes he could have....I too, was blown away by the rail jobs of the early 60s , weed burners, 1/4 mile tire smokin', short wheel base. 1963 was the year I saw my first drags (Raisin City Calif.) I'll never forget that day!
    Thanks, OLY

The cancer car lives
    Give to cancer research

22. farm boy

farm boy
    from reedley

Thanks guys, still got 1-2 months of work till I find out how 'nice' she handles. That axle is actually 2 '33 Plymouth axles taken off two old cotton trailers I bought from a neighbor. it's about 2 inches wider and has about another 1 1/2" more drop. I like that, Texas longhorn:). got photos I'll post soon.
    The steering box is 55 chev p'up with the mounting flange ground off ,bolted from underside, by the sloptakerouter screw.

24. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

Bad to the bone!

25. farm boy

farm boy
    from reedley

Hey guys, Back on board again.
    Thanks again for these nice comments,

Koth...My first trip in this little rig will be to pick my mom up and give her the ride of her life.....Buzz her friends houses then take it up to about 120 and pop the chute......YeeeeHaaaaa!

Mr. Gordon...That's kinda what I had in mind, speak softly and carry a BIG stick.....And It is very true, This car was the best therapy I could ask for, and thinking about it, pushes me to finish it for my girls. ..So I can move on to the rest of my 'Bucket List'.

3ed gen hot rodder....Sorry, I too lost my father George and my little brother Lt. Col. Mike Olson to this dang cancer. This build is a Monument to them, built in their honor.

Gotgas....Well, I've got one of them 29 tudors, plan on puttin' in this old 354 hemi, 4 2s ,full fenderes, sleeper.....tradition is good too:D

Bad rod....Those are drag specialties 'cicle' headlights..and probubly should have built some wheely bars for this puppy.

26. T-Roy

T-Roy

This was my 1st thought when i saw the pics of your car Mark! Kind of a "Street Version" of the Winged Express, you know without the wing.... Bitchin' ride for sure. :cool:

Great to also hear you are doing well. :D

27. rc.grimes

rc.grimes
    from Edmond, OK

That thing captures the look of insane speed while sitting still. It's a piece of art. Sinister and evil art...... but still art.

28. robt500

robt500
    from Lex, KY

This is the kind of car that makes you want to build a hotrod for yourself. Aiming for the look and the power. Incredible, everyone wants to be the badass behind the wheel of a ride like that.

29. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

The axle is a throwback to the altereds of the '60s, West Coast style. Ted Gotelli (Champion Speed Shop, San Francisco) ran an axle that style on the black Chevy powered digger that held that Fremont record for so many weeks...
    REmember the 'legal' 'A' and 'B' Street Roadster class? Had to have working headlights, everyone went to these little gems. Most used 5-1/2" fog lamps with clear seal-beams, but these look like 4", (or 100 mm, if foreign) Anyway, that's the thought, with the parachute...Hairy!

30. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Ah, '33 Plymouth. Looks different 'widened'. I have one of those under my '54 Ford Coupe (gasser) Yours looks more like a '33 Chrysler, as the Plymouth center dip goes forward, and the Chrysler goes downward. Beautiful job...