Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Need help with this old pic, what body is this??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AstroZombie, Mar 4, 2009.

1. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Ok, a buddy of mine on another message board has this pic and its his grandfather circa 1942 in the hotrod he built. He asked what it was, and while clearly most of the car is ford, I was stumped on the body. It looks to be 27 T, but the cowl top and where the doors meet the cowl are totally different. Maybe it was modified, (for whatever reason) but I am stumped. Enjoy the pic, and please, if you have anything to add, please do. thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
    Dannerr and kidcampbell71 like this.
  2. Sectioned T touring front half with leaded body lines? Super cool car

3. my guess would be 28-29 A touring front half

4. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Wow that is a badass little roadster........1948?

5. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Thats AWESOME!
    I love Modifieds and thats one of the classiest ones I've ever seen.
    Minimal and perfect.
    Please try to get more pics and some info on the car AND the owner/builder.
    That car needs to have its story told and documented...

6. Roothawg

Roothawg

It looks 26-27 to me.

The interesting thing to me is how well it is finished out for the era. Painted body, chrome swept headers and ladder bars. Perfect. I do think it is later than 1942 though. Not sure how much later though. when did speed parts become available?

7. 067chevy

067chevy

26-27 t. That is one cool little roaster.

8. 36C8

36C8

I don't know, but that's a great looking ride! And that guy looks like a happy mad scientist..."It's alive!!"

9. It does look later. Possibly an early 'glass body, the door is molded shut. I guess the old fella isn't around any more to ask? Nice ride.

10. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Can I just say that THIS is what "traditional" hot rods look like. Pefect stance, proportions are (were) carefully considered, it's finished, and looks in general like somebody cared. Forget the rattle can black, tractor parts, cobwebs, skulls and useless crap hung on for arts sake.

THAT folks is a traditional hot rod. Thanks for the photo, it should inspire somebody to build a car that nice.

Brian

11. Doodlrodz

Doodlrodz
    Member Emeritus

Very nice, hope he has some more pics.

12. R Pope

R Pope

It is a T body, modified around where the windshield used to go. Nice 85 horse flatmotor, and wire wheels. Not one thing there that would make it later than 1942. Probably built before that, as the chrome shops were shut down in WWII.

13. I like your words on the matter. I think some of the new "traditional" cars are more like art work than what they really useta look like. Most of those old cars were as nice as the guys or gals could afford.
    When I see one like the picture, which is phenominal, I get all inspired to build something along those lines. :D

14. Very cool! I like the "model A" tie rod end used on the front of the wishbones...looks to also have a 40 Deluxe wheel in it.

What are the two chrome cups coming up between the headers??

15. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

X2 on that!

16. roundvalley

roundvalley

Looks like a '40 Ford steering wheel. Doubt there is any fiber glass on that car!

17. Could that be Photo shopped? It's so clear. It looks too staged? Not saying it can't be origional.

18. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very classy and it appears to be a 26/27 or parts there of.

That should be blown up to poster size and placed in every guys garage who is building a traditional styled modified to remind him of what a traditional style modified really looked like when they were fresh out of the box.
    A very nice an well done car.

19. Relic Stew

Relic Stew
    from Wisconsin

The cowl is 26-27, but the rest of the body looks earlier, like a 25 roadster or parts of a touring. The earlier bodies didn't have a drivers door, just the bead where one would be.

20. Good call...bet your right.

21. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

It's rad is what it is. The perfect amount of chrome used while still looking very race like. Love the exhaust and the leaded in body. I even like the unexpected (on this car) deuce grille shell. I would have expected a T Shell. It just goes to show the length of how well the car was completed.

22. roundvalley

roundvalley

Looks like Kelsey's 16's all around. I am like Chris; what are the two cups between the headers. Some kind of breather??

23. Not to argue at all, but looks like regular ol 35 wires to me.

24. holy moly.

does it get ANY better that that?

25. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

that's a pretty nice little hot rod right there, yes it is.

26. I think I've fallen in love. They sure look like breathers, but with the one on the intake, it seems really strange to have 2 and possibly 2 more in the pass side. Who ever designed and built this modified had his shit together.
    I wonder if anyone has photos from the pre-war lakes meets that might show it. A car that nice had to have been photographed often.

27. Cool car!

Is that a harbor freight orange extension cord on the ground underneath it?

28. flyin-t

flyin-t

WOW!
    Perfect little modified.

29. flyin-t

flyin-t

I disagree. If you look at the rear wheel, where the back ground shows through, you can see the bent spokes, 'bout 1 o'clock on the wheel.