Register now to get rid of these ads!

Detroit Autorama 2009 Roll Call, Meet & Greet, Hot Rod Mingle, & other useful info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Feb 15, 2009.

1. krooser

krooser

Looks like Moepower and I will be there on Saturday....maybe Cliffy, too if he isn't snowmobiling.

2. krooser

krooser

pussy...hahaha

3. Steamboat

Steamboat

I'll be out there with my long goatee and HAMB hat on. Gave up alcohol for Lent, though.

:p
    John

4. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Everybody's rod seems to be ready & running, so last night we made a sign for our display. It's home made, but sorta looks like what would have been out front of an old shop.
    Jamie stuck it on an 8' pipe to let everybody where the HAMB "Meet & Greet" is.
    Seeya there!

Attached Files:

5. Nice! I can find that.....

6. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

be sure to check out the different booths we have there this year

one upstairs over by the toy section - we iwll have all the usual stuff

hot rod dvds officially licensed Rat Fink merchandise and of course our magazine and DVD - Vintage Torque

stop by either downstairs or upstairs - if you see some pretty lady at one of the booths - that would be the wife - be sure to tell her what a great car I have so she dont make me sell it!
    ha
    and if you see some ugly dude that would be either me or Tuck (if he shows up....you listening Tuck!!!!!????)
    ok
    seeya there

John Wells

7. Gonna be a single finger roadie - help'n the cause. See 'ya all there on thursday sett'n up... will work for food and beer, or...

8. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

I am coming up sat. with 5 other guys, a couple of them have never been, they have no idea how big this thing is.

9. LDNFAST

LDNFAST

How many are gonna be there tomorrow night (wed after 4) ?

10. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

ok, im seriously debating on going...especially after all this bullshit car drama, it would be nice to just relax and talk to some people there.

11. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

Life happened. I won't be making it this year.

Y'all be sure and take nice pics.

12. 1935olds

1935olds

I will be there all weekend, bringing the "35" Olds don't know where they will put me.
    Took off Thursday-Sunday so I will be ready to go.

13. Tech @ BG

Tech @ BG

We will have a display there. Barry and Robin will be there as well as one of our tech guys so be sure and come by the booth and check out all the new Induction Madness packages as well ask asking any questions you might have. See you guys there.

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

That bums me out. Please tell him I said hi the next time you talk to him and let him know that I look forward to seeing him at the GG Columbus event again this summer.

I'm 4 blocks from there. Leaving Livonia first thing Friday morning with a large posse and heading to Cobo. I'm sure we could find room in a car for your friend. Please give him my cell number and have him call me to make arrangments. 734-673-6930

I should be there lunchtime. If anyone gives you a hassle at the door that you don't have an orange pass on (highly unlikely in the middle of the day) then just use my cell number and I'll bring them to you. In the evening is when I've noticed they check for the move in badges.

They are certainly in for a treat then.

Not me, I've got a house to clean:eek:

We're going to miss you this year.:(
    I do believe Megan will be covering the event for your viewing pleasure.:D

I'm anxious to see the car and will certainly find you and introduce myself.

15. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Thats a great idea! Now do it!

16. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

I'm so stoked for this trip, yeah spring break!

17. evil clown

evil clown
    from Verona, WI

Change of plans . . . looks like we won't be making it over. Next year for sure though! :D

18. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

im still hopin that someone could possibly relay my motor/trans farther north if they are heading this way

19. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

its gettin closer............... cant wait to see ya all this year, since i got laid off today, but i might be back to work on monday

20. tfee

tfee

I'm starting to get excited. I've been in the garage the last few nights getting the car ready and it's starting to look cool. I swaped out the 16" wires for some 19"s and have got three of them mounted on the car. Why only three? Because the $%^#$%'s at Belle tire in Livonia poked a hole in my brand new inner tube and then tried twice to fix it with patches and only made it worse. A new inner tube is being flown in tomorrow so all is not lost however shipping was $40! And no, Belle tire denied responsibility so they will not be getting any more of my business.

See you all downtown, I'm probably going to be the only guy downstairs with a wood bodied car so if you see this car stop by and say hi. I'll be hanging with the Singlefinger speed folks or somewhere nearby.
    Todd

[​IMG]

21. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

Can't wait!
    Dang am I glad I talked the wife into having our first anniversary at cobo, haha!
    See you folks saturday.

Norton

22. We may need to bring reinforcements this year!

Attached Files:

23. 33Tudor

33Tudor

6 First-timers coming from Texas. Don't know what to expect, just hoping to have fun!

24. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Well if you go to Denise's party, let see there were in the past, naked dudes, naked body painting, both male and female, flaming squirrels of death, guys throwing themselves down stairs, repeatedly, rimming and sucking, HAMB crack, very old whiskey being drunk, I'm sure I'm forgetting something...

25. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

its lookin' like we'll be there saturday!!

26. Lost1

Lost1

I cain't wait. See all of you there.

27. After a long cold-ass Winter, I thoroughly look forward to the Autorama.

See you Friday afternoon. -W.S.

28. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

weather is looking good for the weekend, hopefully nothing like last year ugh

29. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Bill ..You can't go untill you finish your homework assignment !!! :eek::cool::eek:

30. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

That's what I was thinking this morning, the Autorama is like Spring Break for hot rodders!

I'm so excited to see all of you! Stop by and say hi to me in the basement, look for my '53 Chevy :D