Register now to get rid of these ads!

The "Passion Pit" Merc

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 100% Matt, Mar 3, 2009.

1. 100% Matt

100% Matt

2. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Is it still worth anything as a Custom if he change the whole chassis?

3. Squablow

Squablow

That's actually a neat looking car, some early 60's customs are really gruesome. The frame swap is really a shame though, hurts the value of an original custom a lot to make serious changes like that.

The guy lists the magazines it's been in, does anyone have one to make scans?

4. hotrodj54

hotrodj54

i still to this day dont understand why people change the chassis on 50's cars. the suspensions were just fine for what they are used for.. ive never seen that car and ive lived here for a long time.

5. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Thats been for sale on and off for years. Yuck.

6. The chop looks good and the front end is cool,but the back looks like shiit!!!

7. teddyp

teddyp

there was a merc back in the 60,s called the passion pit that showed on the east coast but i think the quarter windows were filled in ?

8. I guess people didn't actually drive cars in the 50's...that started in the 70's

9. OshkoshRob

OshkoshRob
    from Oshkosh

10. Mr.Bomba

Mr.Bomba

Thats the same car the windows were covered with a padded vinyl top and it wasnt chopped yet also used to be black! the only thing thats the same is the ass end.

11. hotrodj54

hotrodj54

thats funny, i guess so.....

12. $7500 buy it now, could make sense for someone who can correct a lot of things on it.

13. primedcaddy

primedcaddy

I just bought this car, only after tracking it back for some time and the car has a really cool history. I was also alittle pissed about the chassis swap but they did a really nice job tying everything together so thats how it will be finished atleast for now. This is the black car on the cover of the little book (custom craft november 61) I am always looking for more histotoy or more issues of mags car was in.

14. sinks88

sinks88

looks like a VW bug at certain angles, I suppose the yellow doesnt help....not a fan of the tail light fixture

15. Congrats, it would be very cool to own a Merc that was in a magazine a long time ago.

What are your plans?

16. primedcaddy

primedcaddy

car has super cool history, was shown 60-62 and being redone for 63 show season. The car was not finished ontime for first show so the owner entered his custom 58 olds which he used to use to tow the merc. After the show the cars owner was tired so he let his buddy who was kindof a drunk drive them home in the olds and the guy crashed killing them both, since then the car sat unfinished and was bought by the guy I got it from in the early 90's, this is when the car was channeled over the olds chassis and painted that horrid yellow.

17. primedcaddy

primedcaddy

I plan on finishing the car in its new form finishing it with drawr pull grill fabed to fit new custom opening, matching rear grill to fit in rollpan made of two stude pans with insert to match front, candy green, white rolls and pleats everywhere I can, matching candy chassis, engine and enginebay with white stripes, and finally show and drive the shit out of this car.

18. primedcaddy

primedcaddy

the rear qaurter windows were filled and the car never had a vinyl top

19. Cool kustom....Keep us updated on your re-build.

20. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

The craigs list link is closed pics please