Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2009 Texas Thaw Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GonzoSS, Feb 28, 2009.

1. poorboy

poorboy

cool pics! thanks for posting

2. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Thanks to the torques for puttin this thing on. What a bunch of nice guys.

3. Big Tony

Big Tony

I'm very humble at the showing we have had both years. We could not do it without ya'll and the people at the Track. Now we have 2 under our belt and we have to figure out how to step it up for ya'll next year. We have some plans already...so stay tuned and Thanks again for coming out to play and support the event.

4. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Looks like a whole lot more fun than drudging around in the 5" of snow we got yesterday. I'm not sure you guys know what cold is:). Thanks for the pic's. Gary

5. texoutsider

texoutsider
    from Frisco, Tx

We absofuckinlutely want some better weather next year!

Don't have the getupandgo today to pull the trans...it was on it's last leg anyway...will bite the bullet and see what the carnage is tomorrow.......that was ALL OF OUR LEFTOVER PIECES IN THAT ONE.........it lasted over a year and 5 major races on a wing and a prayer.......you can see how we "baby" it..........Someone asked once for me to make an easy pass..........I said, "I just did"...they said.."but you nearly hit everything on the track"...........my reply was...yea...but it was fun.

Looking forward to the next Thaw............maybe we can "legalize" some of the "late" models...maybe up thru 72. Could bring in twice as many cars and our Nostalgia Super Stocks, with the 67 cut off date could run ...might be able to gather up 8 or 10 to match race a bit..........and many are way quicker and faster than our ole Red Ford............ye haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

And we are hammerin' on Pat's 49/50/51 Ford for sure...Brand new ZZ4 engine and a 700R4 in place...narrowed 9 inch with a 3.70 and a locker going in the rear. Anyone wanna guess what color it will be? lol

Texas Thunder facts...
    7 primary colors are RED
    4 major food groups are HEINEKEN

M.

6. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

Gawd I love Buddys Fiat, The Fosters Garage truck was cool. So was the Dirty Anglia. The Black Cad with the purple roof was rad. I liked the Blown A with the Frankland Quickie in it and that green 59 Elky was definitely pretty fast for a lead sled.
    It was great to see Danny ,Rusty ,Tim and that case "Mr. Hot Lap" Casey,Johnnie,Ross,Ross,Mike ,Ted,Kenny and Hooley again.
    As for the TTA,the cars are neato Especially Kenny's Digger ,the Kantankerous altered and the Gizzle Hopper,I just think Mr. Ed has a gift for rubbing people the wrong way.
    The green Willys lives in Tulsa and runs with the CSGA. Check Sams site ( dragrcr50 on the HAMB) for the Central State Gasser Association for more info on it
    All in all everything was a sight to see. Thanx to the Torques and North Star for doin' it again.
    I can hardly wait for next year. I definitely have to bring more HEAT!!! FMAO and a camera next time.

7. rebelrat

rebelrat

Just wanted to say thanks to the Torques for a great weekend,Good folks,This was our first time there as a club and we were made to feel very welcome,(even after waiting to get in the gate for 2 hours) The Rebels had a blast and missed winning our class by 12 inches, But PLEASE order some better weather for next year coz it was bloody cold !!!!!! cheers guys.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  8. Dirty2

Dirty2

Yea better weather . I guess when yall was doing the weather dance it worked , just the weather was nice 2 days to soon . Oh !!!! smaller shirts please !

9. sergisbadass

sergisbadass
    from Dallas TX

man the show was great it was cold but i had a great time! cant wait for the next show!

10. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Really sorry I missed it. Next year we'll bring at least three cars from Enid to run. Money just wasn't there this year. We'll see ya in Joplin though. Looks like a good turn out.

11. Pooch

Pooch
    from Oklahoma

Thanks guys we had a great time. Here are some more pics for ya.

Attached Files:

12. Pooch

Pooch
    from Oklahoma

and some more.....

Attached Files:

13. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

Damn guys after all the looking foward to this event and getting sick on Thursday night, it just blew for me not to be there. ( And I mean it from both ends ) By the way the pic's look, it was better than last year. I must say I am sorry to the Torques for not cooking my fajitas, but maybe we might be able to have a get together at my place or where ever to say THANKS!

Robert

14. SHRUM

SHRUM

Just got home from the 6 hr drive, and had a great time. Wind was killer but was very good show.
    Interested in who won the racing and show trophys. They were really cool.

15. classicfins

classicfins

I agree that the show was great.. but freaking cold as hell! I just about froze my lug nuts off. LMAO. I didn't get many pics or see many passes down the track since I was working my vendor setup (which the wind was kind enough to destroy Friday night), but I closed down early Saturday afternoon and snapped a few pics before heading out. Here's a few of my favorites.

Big Tony and the gang... I had a blast and thanks for having me. Can't wait till next year. No wind please... :D

Attached Files:

16. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Ditto

17. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

Thanks for the pics. That 1st wagon, the very 1st pic posted.......DO WANT!!!:cool:

18. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

good pics pooch, i sure hope you bring that yaller car out to the valley some this yr, first one is march 28th sam

19. SHRUM

SHRUM

Good pic of my car(the one in the center).

Attached Files:

20. I was heading through to post the same thing... More of that wagon PLEASE!

21. classicfins

classicfins

That car really grabbed my attention. Can you post some more pics of it? I wanted to check it out before you left but I didn't get the time.

22. pecker head

pecker head

peckerhead = trophy whore,

SO ! DON'T BE JEALOUS ! Had a blast bro !

23. SHRUM

SHRUM

Thanks Alot, this is about the only other one that is close. I have some in my profile thou.

Attached Files:

24. classicfins

classicfins

Some more pics....

Attached Files:

25. Painter D

Painter D
    from DFW

It was a good show ,wish it wouldn't have been so windy. I'll definately be back next year , had a blast. THANKS.

26. Pooch

Pooch
    from Oklahoma

Im planning on comming to a few events this year. I just have a few upgrades to make.

27. Dominick Hide

Dominick Hide

28. LOL,,my face is "dead". or at least I can't feel it anymore. The freezing wind killed it i think. The Gizzle Hopper threw up her clutch at the end, but damn we had a good time.

Thank you Torques, North Star, Texas Timing and all else involved. My face will grow back and a new clutch can be installed. See you soon

29. BoomBoom

BoomBoom

Thanks again to the Torques for a great show! I didnt really notice how cold I was until I tried to fill out the registration to race. I could hardly write my name my hands were shivering so bad! I really wish another roadster would have raced. I was the only roadster to register so they put me in the B/ Hot Rod class because Im using cheater slicks. My first race was with a 55 chevy with a blower stickin out of the hood that pulled the front wheels off the ground. Needless to say I didnt last very long. Had a blast anyway. Ill be back next year and the challenged has been made for all roadsters to bring it! Ill be waiting...
    Ed

30. Green Hornet

Green Hornet
    from Texas

Thanks to everyone involved in the show and those that participated.

This was our first "THAW" for my family and me. We really enjoyed going. Everyone we met was warm and friendly. We're looking forward to going to future "Texas Thaws".

You guys did a great job. See ya next time.