Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Los Boulevardos presents- "Cruise To The Lake" -2/28/09

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Eryk, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Grezy Matt

Grezy Matt
    from Sweden

Good times to be had, I can taste the BBQ already...

2. 56Ponchorelli

56Ponchorelli

Might try and make it. Don't work til 9pm. Might even bring the Buick. Dont know how it will handle over the grape. Can i bring my trailblazer as backup? ha

3. JamesG

JamesG

Hey guys. I hope everything goes smooth today.

Have fun!

4. joes54woodchevy

joes54woodchevy

Look forward to the pictures :D

5. 59mercsled

59mercsled

just got back from the show and no offence to the guys that put it on but i drove three hours to attend (i did not show) and as small as the show was it was not worth the drive. There was some nice cars there but the turn out sucked. i was really disappointed.

6. Eryk

Eryk

Sorry you felt that way. Not quite sure what you were expecting to see or experience. Did you come by yourself? Did you socialize?

This was our first club sponsored event. What a beautiful day it turned out to be. We had 65 cars, lots of hambers and friends, and we had a blast. Lots of people from the LA area. A few guys from Northern California. And one of our club members made the drive out from Scottsdale, Arizona. We raised over $200 for Children's Hospital Los Angeles. We raffled off a few small prizes. Did a 50/50 raffle and one lucky guy got $170. I was so excited to so many of my friends from other clubs. Much love and respect to all who attended.:)

7. flynstone

flynstone

man sorry you drove so far for a bbq,, but 65 cars showed, for a first time,, cruise/bbq i think thats pretty good i want to thank everyone who showed and i hope you enjoyed the music/bbq/cruise the weather was great and everyone,, is what made it good..thanks

8. Bryan

Bryan

Sorry you were disappointed.

I think it was a good time, got to hang with friends, enjoy a beautiful So-cal winter day, carne asada, met lots of cool friendly people. 65 cars, including Hamber "Mr.Bombas" historic Mercury.

Big Thanks to Los Boulevardos for their efforts!

Bryan

Autoholics C.C.

9. Roadsterpu

Roadsterpu

I jsut got back from the lake. Had a great time. For a first time show it was a fairly good turnout. Got to hang out with the Autoholics. What a great bunch of guys. Here are a few pics.

Attached Files:

10. chaco

chaco
    from Modesto,CA

I like that blue merc/ford(what is it?) and the gray poncho.

11. Eryk

Eryk

Wasn't the first Paso like 20 something cars? Haha.

12. 29 bones

29 bones
    from so cal

hello...my wife and I drove up in my roadster,we thought it was great, good location...had to split early but looking forward to next year,or mabey one more later this year,hope to spend more time hanging out and meeting more h.a.m.bers
    see ya brian

13. I think he first HAMB drags had around 50 or 60 cars.

14. eric

eric

For a first time show, I thought it was a great day of hanging out and seeing friends, throw in a BBQ and a really nice backdrop, it was a success!
    No egos, no nonsense, just people who didn't mind driving their cars to a new spot, not a boring typical concrete jungle but a nice lake and rolling hills. alot of cool cars, many with new updates and a Suprise showing of a
    recently found historical MERC!!! I had a blast!

And if you got 65 cars to show up by mainly word of mouth, I can't even imagine the turnout for next year!!!

Thanks guys!!!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  15. HotRodDaddy-O

HotRodDaddy-O

Looks like a killer show.
    Nice cars, nice place, nice people, what's not to like?

:cool:

16. JamesG

JamesG

Sounds like ya'll(most of ya'll anyway)had a great time. Wish I could have been there.

Maybe next year we can hold it in Bald Knob, Arkansas.........

And yes, that is a real town.

17. car show my left butt cheek.

it was a CRUISE TO THE LAKE.

it was THE STUFF.

what a great day.

drove up with the autoholics/starlite crew (dudes haul ass) about 11 deep, pulled into a wonderfully picturesque setting with bitchin' tiered parking and a bbq site overlooking the lower lake. all the boulevardos were already in place and welcoming everyone personally. it was nice to finally meet the guys... Eryk, Flynstone, El Goozano, good to see shiftymutt again, and to put faces with cars. fabulous mix of cars. hot rods, customs, lowriders and even a pro streeter. lots of solid participation from a bunch of dudes (and ladies) who understand the VALUE of driving your car to a nice spot, enjoying a day in the sun, a little food, a little BS and car talk, a little catching up with old friends and making new ones.

the DJ was on spot with tunes all day, everyone was low key, laid back, and respectful....kinda like a lowrider get together...oh, wait...

Huge props to Los Boulevardos Car Club for organizing a super get together, raffling off some cool stuff, raising some money for charity, and for just being righteous cats.

thanks to everyone who rolled out to show support and to make it the no-nonsense, no-BS deal that it should be.

enjoy your car.

18. daveyboy56

daveyboy56

I want to SHOUT out a BIG Thanks. What a cool day the cars were of all kinds and styles.
    The Los Boulevardos club had good music good guys to talk and a game or two.
    This was a good show if you wanted to take the kids and just have a fun day at a lake.
    I will be there next year!!! I loved that there were no judging of cars just appreciation of the cars. I talked to guys i have never meet and had a GOOD time
    Thanks again
    Dave

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  19. bigBADwolf

bigBADwolf
    from Batavia,IL

boy that looked like fun...

20. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

As someone once said, "It's not the destination, it's the drive".

21. 64sled

64sled

I had a great time!!! lots of cool cars and great people. everybody just kicking back and with no attitudes. Great show! already looking forward to next years show.

22. Movinman

Movinman

Looks like you guys had a great time!

I think this guy has it all wrong though. Let's see... six hours of driving my car mixed in with hanging with 64 other cool cars for a few hours! Sounds like my idea of a perfect day! :D

23. all the STRAYS had a great time, its always good to hang with GOOD people! we need to plan something for the summer in the SFV.

24. preferably something in the SHADE

25. Eryk

Eryk

Brand Park!!! Let's do it.:)

26. lets try to get a permit for brand park! or even hansen dam!

27. RalphyBoy161

RalphyBoy161

First off,where are MORE pictures.I'd like to see some more of the 65 cars that showed up.
    Second,lotsa RESPECT to Los Boulevardos CC for hooking up the show
    Third, I'm from NYC and the weather calls for 6-10inches of snow in the next 24-48 hours and for fellow H.A.M.B.ers to enjoy a cruise and BBQ hang out near the lake is my idea of a good time.Wish I lived on the west coast.
    Seems like everyone had a great time except that one fellow but hey we can't please everyone all the time..right?
    and finally,when is the east coast version of this kick ass gathering coming?

Keep on partying fellow Car Crazed maniacs! - Ralphy

28. starlite staff

starlite staff

We the Starlite Rod & Kustom staff and the Autoholics car club would like to thank Los Boulevardos C.C. for their hospitality and applaud them and everybody that showed up for the "cruise" it was a great turn out with no b.s. or attitudes. We would be more than happy to keep supporting these kinds of events. Some of us were so excited to drive our cars that we even went to Hollywood and cruised the boulevard later on in the evening. Just like back in the days (even though its kinda hard to do with the B.S. no cruising laws but oh well...)

29. Eryk

Eryk

That's what its all about right there! I bet you guys turned crazy amounts of heads on the boulevard. Hell yeah.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=339104

:D

30. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

I hear you man. I was disapointed with God for not making it sunnier. It was only 75 degress... and it could have been at least 77... fuck you mother nature!. And what was up with the lake. It was at least 2 feet lower than in past years. Don't even get me started on the grounds keepers. They need to be given a stern warning... somebody should tell them that grass is to be cut in an angled pattern and not in a criss cross pattern.

MY PICTURES ARE HERE:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=339104