Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Oh No!!! It Can't Be...Another Gasser Build? Yup, 1961 Buick Skylark

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BloodyKnuckles, Feb 10, 2009.

1. sinticket

sinticket

He is not going to see Cher and Bon Jovi...he told me he was going to see Miami Sound Machine, with Coultre Club! He is getting his stories mixed up...Hey Tubs, REMEMBER if you tell the truth you dont have to remember the lie. Now I am back to eating your donuts.

2. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Man, you guys get all the good shows down in Charlotte. :D

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Shouldn't you be working on your '62 right now? Those things don't just get built by themselves.....or do they? Haha!!!! I'll see you in a few.

I found out that the truth of the matter is Ron is going to a Reunion of Wham! That motherfucker does the "jitterbug" like nobody's business.

4. Ah, shucks, you guys:eek:.

You found me out. Oh, well.

"..do the jitterbug, (snap, snap) do the jitterbug, (snap, snap)...."

BTW...Zman, I Pm'd you on the Montel Jordan concert last week but never heard from you. Did you get to go?:D

BloodyKnuckles

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Probably not, he was bumping that shit all night though trying to find the source of the fire.

6. Ron, when you get your rear in, post some pics of it! I just love seeing your rears....

7. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Michael Bolton is the show to see!

8. Don't be a fruitcake.

BloodyKnuckles

9. sinticket

sinticket

I thought I heard Tubs singing..."How can we be lovers if we cant be friends...how can we start over when the fighting never ends"........ MAN he loves him some Micheal Bolton!!!!

10. RON - that avatar is so queer! FRUITCAKE

11. metalshapes

metalshapes

I Deleted some of the Drama off this Thread.

This Build is too cool to mess it up with that.

12. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

You da man!!!

13. Thanks dude.

Much appreciated!

BloodyKnuckles

14. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I'll start some more then. When I get to dinner I will notify you and Heather that my ity bity roadster is still going to walk the Buick when it's finished. Truth.

15. I know I haven't updated with the fabrication stuff but I have been looking for the appropriate end links for the axle end. The axle brackets are angled in and I want them to run straight, parallel. So I have rather large, spherical joints (not heims) that I will use as the ends of the link that will attach to the axle. These will offer full movement without bind and they are encased in nylon races which will soften the ride.

The crossmember side will be the original rubber bushings. I have to set the engine and trans before I cut the length of the links and weld the ends on.

I will keep you posted.

BloodyKnuckles

16. Your mouth's writing checks your ass can't cash!

I'm not the one to worry about. You're going to get a big smack in the head from Heather when she sees you.

She said "It's on like Donkey Kong"!

I'd watch yourself.

BloodyKnuckles

17. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Donkey Kong? I am sorry I wasn't born in 1965 like you guys. I am not familiar with the term.

You should drive it to Lone Star! How bad ass would that be!

18. sinticket

sinticket

WOW! are you really that young you dont know about Donkey Kong? Makin me feel old over here! LOL just gotta bust ya balls a little

19. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

ok for the young guy.... It's on like a level 40 Cleric on a PVP server. :D

20. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Ask Jeremy, he's only 23. You probably have at least 10 years on him Dustin. Yeah, your getting old.

But wait. I am the only married Iron Lord so I think should get the title of "oldest". If not that then Lamest.

Read my signature. How would I not know Donkey Kong.

21. Just a bit of an udate for those that still check back here.

Myself, JefferyJames and Hotdamn pulled the 401 out from the Electra. It came out well and we didn't wreck too much during the process.
    Also I removed the aluminum drums and backing plates.

So now I'm ready. No more screwing around.

Thanks guys for the help.

BloodyKnuckles

22. Stubbe

Stubbe
    from Rapid City

I'm def taking the cut it up route. Its beat to hell before I got it though, think someone sledge hammered it. But here is a look anyways.

HRI my car.jpg

Attached Files:

23. I love the stance. Your car will be great. I love it!

BloodyKnuckles

24. Stubbe

Stubbe
    from Rapid City

Thanks, looks like yours will be done a little better as I'm still learning. Make sure to keep posting pics. Also I don't think 455 buick will fit, my 350 barely does as those frame rails are only 29" wide.

25. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

I've got a '61 Olds F-85 2dr that we plucked the 215 out of and it's been sitting for years. The body is decent in all the right places, and I've been slowly collecting parts to build a chassis for it an get it's nose in the air with a SBC motor/Glide/9" combo. One of these days I'll drag it off the farm and bring it to my shop. I'll be watching this thread for sure, good luck, and keep us posted!

26. If you're going to put a SBC in it just leave it on the back 40, it's better off there.

27. That's funny. Thing is, the mighty SBC can start on the back 40 to equal things out, then blow your doors clean off before the finish line. THE SBC RULES.

How's the suspension coming Ron - let's see some pictures!

28. This Wednesday I plan to start the links in the rear. I need to set the engine in the hole and see where everything lands.

Maybe something will get done if you come up here and helped!!

BloodyKnuckles

29. Better get your ace in gear...just flipped my axle on my truck slight nose bleed stance, gained 6.5" in the front....401 vs. 401....game on dawg!

30. sinticket

sinticket

PBRmeASAP, you got the advantage on Ron "Tubs" Barbarino from the get go! He out weights you by 166 pounds...unless you put balast in you car the race just aint fair!