Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cop Car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ice man, Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ice man

Ice man

The sign at the bottom of the trunk tells the story. While we bloody our knuckles a slave over it and scrape up money to try our best to build our running dream car, these clowns go on the other side of the law, and get there day in court. Very nice coupe, and I bet he could catch you. Thumbs up to the Troy Mich. Police Dept. Ice man

Attached Files:

2. 90ssp

90ssp
    BANNED
    from dallas, ga

3. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

If I were a cop, I'd want to be the one that gets to drive that around. Sweet!

4. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

Need to put this ride on Speeders show. Great unmarked (or marked as it is) cop car for catching speeders, but I sure wouldn't want to do a PIT manuever with this beauty.

5. 64krusty

64krusty

if the RCMP saw that car they would pull it over and have it towed away, you guys are lucky

6. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

your tax dollars at work...against you
    agree the PO needed to lose his ride..but couldnt they auction it off to benifit the department?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  7. metalmike13

metalmike13
    from Glass City

Nice, sometimes people get what they deserve!

8. Gigantor

Gigantor

Mixed emotions about this one. The least they could do is make it a little less gaudy with that fugly modern plastic bubble gum machine on the top ... Hope they put the PO in prison for a while to give him time to get over the fact that his pride and joy is being rolled around in by the very people that put him away. That's like your kids calling the man your wife left you for Daddy.
    I know "Drugs are bad", but damn... mixed emotions on this from my years on the other side of the law.

9. Jaker

Jaker

I wonder if its got a cop motor, cop tires, cop shocks......

10. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

Yuck, they should arrest themselves for that hideous 90s monstrosity.

11. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

No...your tax dollars at work against the drug dealing POS that they got it from. This sort of seizure is common. They run those cars in parades and car shows to let people see the consequences of their actions. It may not benefit the department, but it just might benefit the community.

No one likes a cop........until they need one. :rolleyes:

12. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

your right..until you see it in your rear view mirror

agree the PO needed to lose his ride..but couldnt they auction it off to benifit the department?

13. Slick Steve

Slick Steve
    from Indy

I saw that car in person at the Woodward Dream Cruise a couple years ago. He was "cruising" up and down Woodward, and he was "On Duty"...

14. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Yeah that's awesome seeing personal property seized. Cause none of you guys were ever underage drinkers or ever run afoul of the law. Ever. And none of you would mind if your pride & joy were seized due to momentary stupidity.

When you own a shiny fancy valuable car that looks good all decorated up in department colors, do you suppose the seizure standard is the same as a battered 89 civic?? Most states are down to "reasonable suspicion" and don't require formal charges, they just take your shit without enough proof for conviction.

Oh yeah, most of our hotrods are illegally modified, almost by definition. Glass house livin stone throwin.......

15. hustlinhillbilly

hustlinhillbilly
    from ohio

One year we got a really sharp "Choo Choo" custom Chevy PU that we ended up using in the Training Section. The Dealer faked out everyone but the K-9.

16. brewsir

brewsir

+1 ...wait until they come for your stuff when they decide it's illegal.

17. hustlinhillbilly

hustlinhillbilly
    from ohio

Read the back of the car, it wasn't taken from an underage drinker, it was taken in a drug bust. When you decide to play that game, you gotta be ready to lose. Not a bit of sympathy for someone that takes that route.

18. Useful publicity maybe. There is a dark side to Police Departments becoming dependent on seizures for their budget, and don't think it's not happening.

19. Gigantor

Gigantor

Glad I'm not the only one who can see the other side of this coin.

20. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

yep..comming to a neighborhood near you.......soon!

21. FLAT6

FLAT6

Not the place for this sort of thread I don't think, but I too see this from the "other" side. Police presence and self-opinion is extremely exaggerated these days, and one day a car will say "Seized during a gun bust" or "Seized because the cop wanted it" . All to soon the day will come when they show to pull our teeth and take away our ability to defend ourselves from them.

Mike

22. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Wow, it's hard to believe anyone could sympathsize with a drug dealer. The car was surely bought with drug dealing money; I have NO problem with the car car being seized, however i feel the police should use it like they are for publicity for a time and then very publicly auction it off for the benifit of the department. Probably not going to stop any drug dealer from doing what they do, but it might help the image of the police in the average persons eyes.

23. I am not trying to come off anti-police, I just worry that the tool of seize is getting over used. Are you aware that seizures are not always done upon conviction, but at arrest?

24. <==Waiting for donut jokes

25. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Shifty....you need to educate yourself...a seizure of property has absolutly NOTHING to do with underage drinking, misdemeanor traffic charges, heck misdemeanor DRUG charges...yes thats right, you cant get your car seized cause you hadda dime bag of weed...heck, if you qualify for a NTA (Notice to appear) I cant even take ya to jail...

So get off your friggen one armed man theory bout how "the man" just gonna keep us down.

Lastly I will explain the criteria and process for seizure of property.

your "Momentary stupidity" has to be classified as Felony traffic/possesion of narcotics with the intent to sell and distribute. Meaning that it has to be greater than 20 grams of weed, and LARGE amounts of cash or packaged for individual sale. I'm not talkin 2 dimebags and 5 dollars in ones...I'm talking 6 pounds and 10Gs cash...Yeah thats an aweful lot of momentary stupidity (I Swear officer I just started the industry today...)

I just seized a car...not near as cool as that (a suzuki suv) but I cant speak for other departments BUT we dont get the option of keeping the cars we seize...specifically for the reason of you guys bitchin that it wasnt a good pop when in actuallity it was....

26. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

It IS being used for the benefit of the department and hence the community. If I remember correctly this hot rod is used in their D.A.R.E. program. This visual has a strong image for children (and drug dealers), do not use drugs or deal drugs PLUS it kinda makes the police look cool in the kids eyes, right? I mean we all grew up loving hot rods. Think about that 8 year old looking at that hot rod and thinking to himself "wow, I could become a cop and drive around that cool car!" :D

27. I'm not down on the cops.
    But your property can be seized anytime without compensation.

It's called imminent domain.

I don't do drugs so I don't support those scumbags that sell the crap, but I think anytime you have seizure laws you have a *little* incentive for law enforcement to maybe push things a little to grab someone's stuff.

Everytime I see a dragster, rod or exotic with cop lights and decals it makes me sick and a little worried and I have to wonder "who's next?"

28. -DMC-

-DMC-
    from Ohio

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.