Register now to get rid of these ads!

What music do you listen to in your ride

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carlos, Feb 24, 2009.

1. rumpity rumpity rumpity--blah,blaahh,blaaahhh,blaaaahhhh. Ahh 4th gear wound tight, Aint got no tunes in my ride >>>>.

2. A few fave car/travelin'/cruzin tunes are Deuce Coupe, Born to Be Wild, Blitzkrieg Bop, I Feel Fine, Mmmmy Ggggeneration, Pipe Line, Red Barchetta, Hot Rod Lincoln, Mabellene, Hey Good Lookin', Free Ride, Low Rider, Slow Ride, Hiway Star, I've Been Everywhere, 6 Days on the Road, Beck's Bolero, Dragula, Third Rock From the Sun, Dead Man's Curve, Green Onions, Little Old Lady From Pasadena, Hey Little Cobra, Mustang Sally, Whisky in the Jar, Too many....

3. I remember them too. Sounded kind of AC/DC or Guns n Roses like.
    The had a good sound.

4. rockin562

rockin562

no radio. just the sweet sweet song of a flathead 6 with straight pipes

5. I really like the drummer in Rush. Not too crazy about Geddy's singing though. What kind of MUSIC do your other favorites do?

6. firemunkey

firemunkey
    from temecula

Mines still in the garage but for inspiration while I work I like 60's, rockabilly and big swing

7. macaroni

macaroni
    from portland

I think it all depends on where your goin and what your doin cant go wrong with the beach boys for cruisn music though

8. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

The Wonderbar doesn't work... so, exhaust!

9. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

10. YAWN:p! Er, what I miss:confused:? I musta fell asleep after a few seconds:rolleyes:. It looks like the Banjo player used something like a Banjo as a pattern for his hair cut:eek:

11. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

The sound of my 292 I6 through straight pipes.

B:)B

12. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Yes... the 33 vinyl albums wont work in my ride, so when at home I look forward to driving, and when driving I look forward to home and listening to Cash...and Waylon...and Willie....and Elvis....and Jerry Lee....

13. leadsled deluxe

leadsled deluxe

U guys are lucky i get to listen to a dispatcher send me to another call and never get to drive my rod. One day ill be in yalls shoes.

14. Heap a ' crap $5 dusty tape deck blastin' Jimmy Reed - goes 'round 'n' round- loud or low, fast or slow- sometime not at all.
    Hold on- I also listen to Port Adelaide Football Club games in winter.

15. greasy50chevy

greasy50chevy

whatever i feel like singin

16. How do you manage to distribute the earplugs ?

17. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

i like the sound of going thru the gears also.but after 3-12 hours of driveing,a little music is welcome.so i'm makin a list from songs you guys have posted on this thread, and an older one. i'll call it my speedin ticket music . make sure you put the artist name on there also.

18. 47 ford

47 ford

WOW listening to those "people" and you drive an old car HMMMM.......

19. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Got a friend turned me on to the I-pod thing put it in my 55 .I like my tunes in my car be lost with out em.

Attached Files:

20. LPRS

LPRS

rob arnie and dawn in the mornings, then to the mp3 player to hear hank williams, johnny cash, buck owens, eddy arnold, conway twitty, willie nelson, waylon jennings, merle haggard, charlie daniels, david allan coe, the misfits, me first & the gimme gimmes, social d, etc. in high school the 68 camaro was always bumpin hank or johnny rebel.

21. My favorite band. Cam and the Twice Pipes

22. LumenAl

LumenAl

327 SBC with dual quads and headers... that's my favorite tune!

[​IMG]

23. GlenC

GlenC

I sold my oldie, so I'm between cars and doing a lot of walking. I've got the iPod loaded with MACHINE HEAD at the moment, FEAR FACTORY is next, then WHITE ZOMBIE. I just replaced 8 hours of ALICE COOPER.

I suppose you could say I like my music subtle...

Cheers, Glen.

24. Chieftec160

Chieftec160

Parts falling off.

25. skidsteer

skidsteer

Posted on another thread by 5wbomber, now THAT'S gonna be some music!

[​IMG]

26. Nortin

Nortin
    from Canada

27. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

what ever is on the radio..
    just no rap...cant spell rap with out crap!

music is like candy..its only good when the rapper is gone

28. FCCOOL

FCCOOL

everyone says they just like to listen to their pipes, maybe with a hotrod but with a custom its different, look at all the customs of the late 50's and early 60's, phone, TV, hi-fi are all main features, how much would they have liked to have mp3 back then, my car is loud so i am going to have the exhuast note in the background even with the stereo at deafening volumes, it was my daily for about 11 years before i started the rebuild and i always had music playing, i remember blowing a fuse for a amplifier on the freeway and imediately i had to pull over and sought it out before continuing the trip even though the other amp was still running, I listen to different music in different areas and for different moods, eg a coastal cruise along the beaches i might be listening to los straight jackets, to get period it might be some early dick dale or ventures, a coastal drive on a stary night in a coastal country area it might be "telstar" or ventures "blue moon", a hard run it might be dick dale nitro or in a non coastal area a hard run might be some psychobilly, five o ford or like a rocket,cruising town it might be stray cats, gene vincent, eddie or even carl perkins, a country cruise might have some johnny cash or junior brown, a night out cruising with other cars might be some hotrod music, the gants, the darts, Mr gasser & the weirdos, dick dale etc or some rockabilly hotrod songs by bands like hotrod trio, if its a mellow sunday at the beach it could be liaka & the cosmanoughts "fadeaway" or the ventures "sleepwalk"
    I am fussy about music, always gotta have the right song in the right place at the right time so radio is no use to me.

29. Wow, Grouch, never in a million years would I expect you to be a hair do critic. Surprised me there.

I like that stuff, I guess, because I am a bass player and Edgar Meyer is the best stand up bassist around these days.