Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dan Woods ICE TRUCK

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FRITZ, Dec 9, 2007.

1. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Fritz, Thanks so much for filing this progress report on Dave's newest project. Looking forward to seeing it in the Detroit show !

41 Dave

2. Good insurance?? or a pissed of vendor!!..hate to see these things go to waste...one of the dan woods style trucks is here in tucson and just going to waste sitting in front of a "muffler" shop........Hope somebody that knows what it is gets it away from these guys,it is for sale :eek:

3. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Which muffler shop?

4. talk to Metalshapes.he stopped and looked at it..its the same one that was running with the T-Bucket guys for a couple of years......

5. I can't wait to see the Ice Truck done . Dave will do it up right. This is what it looked like when he got it.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  6. Many will dis-agree, but the Blood Alley version was pretty tuff, too

7. ya gotta dig that steering wheel...........

Attached Files:

8. hemi

hemi

I heart showrods!

9. DrJ

DrJ

Wife and I were on a bike ride down by the Queen Mary this afternoon and saw a pair of FadT's made with the highback sectioned body body's that Woods did back arounf the same time. I stopped to talk and one of the guys who called himself "Roadster John" told e he used to have the Woods C-cab mold but sold it to a guy in Washington and knws that the mold still exists in useable condition.
    He didn't seem to want to tell me WHO it was had the mold though...
    Anyone here know "Roadster John" better than I?

10. Didn't Dan have his shop in Paramount? It was the early 70's when I visited. I was 12 and went with a friend. I remember the butcher shop "C" cab truck built for that meat market in Downey.

11. Gaters

Gaters

Dan Woods did have a shop in Paramount, CA. I was a bit younger than you when my dad would take me and my brother over to his shop. The Country Butcher was the name of the meat market in Downey, CA and it belonged to Bob Reed. He had the C-cab you mentioned sitting out in front of his meat market on Paramount Blvd for years. No longer there.

I remember seeing a lot of Dan's concept drawing on the wall of his office area. In later years a couple of the guys that worked in his shop went on to other careers. Mike did a lot of the wood work and went on to be a cabinet maker. John still restores cars but did all the Boss cut glass flowers and glass etching that were popular in the day. He did some killer cars.

Chris

12. Stone

Stone

Thats going to be killer. I can't believe I get stoked on show rods. sweet

13. I still have the issue of TRUCKIN mag from the 2nd year with it on the cover.kool truck.....the yellow butcher c-cab

14. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I gotta agree with Richard, Blood Alley's bitchin' too, now someone will clone it.

15. paintpyro

paintpyro

The Country Butcher on Paramount closed for a remodel last year and never reopened.

16. I noticed the Ratfink Bike in ther background. What's the deal on that thing? Did he build it or does he own it? I saw it at the Rockabilly Reunion in Vegas a few years ago.

17. Stone

Stone

pizza wagon
    [​IMG]

18. my alloy:70/30

my alloy:70/30

It would be great if a good Magazine like the Rodders Journal would do an interview or detailed Biography on Dan Woods. I think that would be really interesting.

19. hell maybe a book on the whole show rod scene.........I woluld really like to meet the guy someday

20. Big Somoan

Big Somoan

Hey dumb question but is this the same Dan Woods that host CCR " Chop Cut Rebuild" ? everytime I watch the show I think that his name sounded familer.

21. I would be very surprised if that was the same guy.

22. the dan woods in the chop cut programme was an actor...he was a teacher in the kids show degrassi junior high

23. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

NOT the same guy. Was talking Dan's good friend Danny Eichstedt ("Leg Show T" owner & builder) yesterday in Richard Grave's shop. He had lots of additional details about the truck- and his T.

24. TurboHaddix

TurboHaddix

That must be fun to turn with those massive front tires!

25. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

I remember when CCR first came on, I got all excited because I thought it was THE Dan Woods. The first time the guy had his hands on something, it became quite clear it wasn't the same guy. BTW, I remember seeing the Ice Truck at an indoor show in the late '70's in Eureka, Ca, except I thought it was pearl white with blue or maybe purple accents. Or maybe it was just a long time ago, either way, I checked that thing out forever and it was an amazing show car. Nice to see it get re-done.

26. Ramblur

Ramblur

Ice Ice Baby,dig these cubes...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. RodStRace

RodStRace