Register now to get rid of these ads!

What music do you listen to in your ride

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carlos, Feb 24, 2009.

1. dannyego

dannyego

Los straitjackets, Social Distortion, Nekromatix, Elvis Presley, Bad Religion, Chris Isaac etc etc ets....

2. vertible59

vertible59

Kool-aid sux.

3. troylee

troylee

Mr Jonny Cash

4. 55driver

55driver

Around town, the sound of 93 octane vaporizing. On the open road, the radio scan button on my Classic Autosounds cassett deck works really well.

5. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Oldies but Goodies

6. I'm wondering if some of the above responses (rattles, exhaust, etc) is what Carlos had in mind when he started this thread?:confused::eek:
    Me,
    mostly 60's rock/motown

But I also really like rock from mid 80's to mid 90's (Crue, Tesla, L.A. Guns, Alice in Chains, Bang Tango, Lynchmob, Faster Pussycat, Nirvana, STP, etc)

7. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Mine is a Radio Delete Model.. So I just listen to the Wife :mad:, blah , blah, blah.. :D

8. Lil Mo and the Dynaflo's, Hot Rod Trio, Marti Brom, Devil Doll, Southern Culture on the Skids, Johnny Cash, The Dynotones, The Naughty Ones, Swingers, Rumble Kings, Dino, Elvis, Frank, The Orangu-Tones, Saturn V, Los Straitjackets, Amber Foxx, Dick Dale, Big Sandy, Dance Hall Crashers, 5,6,7,8's, Brian Setzer, Big Bad VooDoo Daddy, The Flametrick Subs, American Graffiti, Save Ferris, The Barbary Coasters, Wolfman Jack, Patsy Cline, Go Cat Go, The Ventures, etc, etc, etc...

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  9. You cant deny the reverend, love the hucksters too!!!!!!!!

10. Depends on the mood. Classical (can't ever get enough of J. S. Bach), bluegrass and old time mountain music, Sacred Harp singing, good old time jazz (piano jazz with Marian McPartland), big bands of the '30s and '40s (influence of college band director who was good friends with Glenn Miller). Oldest daughter (35 tomorrow) really loves the big band stuff. When she was in high school, while other kids her age were listening to rock, she was rockin' to Glenn Miller and Benny Goodman. The gray heads loved the music at her wedding reception.

11. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

Him...

“I grew up in the '40s and I heard all these great speeches, like Winston Churchill. His most famous, or infamous commencement exercise speech was one that consisted of seven words. He stood before this graduating class and said: "Never, never, never, never give up."...Johnny Cash

Attached Files:

12. normally don't listen to tunes in the car, but if I do, it is either The Ramones, Me First and the Gimmee Gimmees, The Misfits, Rev. Horton Heat, Social Destortion, Rancid, Johnny Cash....

13. Twin Pipes and the Glass packs.

14. Love your ride man. It's so boss.
    Oh I like the SBC symphony pretty well too. My car stereo isn't the best.

15. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Stereo? Huh? What language are you speaking?

16. lubber

lubber
    from so. calif.

I like my smitties, other than that I like the Smith Ranch Boys.

17. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sb052CExbUI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sb052CExbUI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

18. Music...flatty 6 with lakepipes in a panel truck with the windows down...music to my ears but not my neighbors

19. Music? Music? We don't need no stinking music!

I like to travel with Johnny Cash but, for ridding around town I like Led Zeppelin, Jethro Tull, Steppenwolf. When the radio don't work I listen to Bent 8 and the Cherry Bombs.

20. freelancecrashtestdummy

freelancecrashtestdummy

no radio, only lake pipes!

21. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

Maybe not but when you ask a bunch of gear heads a question like that those are the answers you're gonna get. I've seen it a hundred times before. ;)

22. Bappity-bappity-babbipty-bap..............

23. bustedlifter

bustedlifter

You must drive a lot.

24. Zeppelin, Motorhead, Rush and Bach all good stuff in my book,
    But now daily hack has turbo charger,
    Hawkwind tends to be the only thing I play,
    Allows me to join in with the band ( LOL ).

Hey anyone remember a Band called 'Jackyl' who 'played' chainsaws on stage ?

25. I don't remember the chainsaws, but I do remember Jackyl having played something I really liked. About 20 yrs ago?

26. theladylux

theladylux

No better sound than my flathead & straight pipes...

27. H3O

H3O

metal, rockabilly, rock n roll, hard rock, whatever i feel like. mostly metal.

28. 61TBird

61TBird

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AKSJLop26yI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AKSJLop26yI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

29. 40 Merc. It still has a cassette player if that helps? :p