Register now to get rid of these ads!

old timer pranks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 shaker, Nov 1, 2008.

1. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

don't forget the old poppers you throw on the ground that explode. put one under each of the knobs that stick out of the bottom of a toilet seat, and carefully set the seat on it,next person who sits down to shit will do that really fast.

2. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

3. Years ago I had a pro-street Pinto (stop laughing) Guy I work with crawled under the ass end and put a heavy duty "zap strap" through the rear U-joint. Soon as I started driving it would slap the floor. I finaly figured it out, but it was raining and I wasn't crawling under to cut it off. It took a good 15 minuts to self detruct. OMG it was loud!

4. Dyce51

Dyce51
    from Ohio

You ever go into a Fireworks store and see them really big sparklers???? Well ironically they are about the same size and color of welding rods.....we used to change them out from time to time...Funny as hell to watch when they strike an arc and the rod starts goin up...LOL

5. Thanks for all the good ideas:D.Much learned here,though no one drives away from my shop without checking the rear of their car.Or S-L-O-W-L-Y lifting the toilet seat,those pull type firecrackers work great.

6. mrdodge

mrdodge

Had a friend who, with his son, emptied another friends shed and stacked the stuff neatly outside. (this was Summer and in those days people didn't touch other folks stuff ....as much). On the way home, he says to his son, "you know how good the joke was by the response..) Two days later, he gets up to go to work and there is a truck load of top soil hard up against his garage door.

Another trick was the Skoda (horrible European car) which was given to a friend for his fortieth birthday. His wife was in on the gag and was asked where would she like it left. She said "on the front lawn". So they parked it on the front lawn, opened all the windows, put it in gear with the handbrake on and then backed the cement truck up to it and filled it up.
    Cost everybody for the hiab truck to come and pick it up some months later...but well worth it!!

7. oldgoaly

oldgoaly

Ahhh this thread is great!
    I had a small shop in town, the beer box was outside, it had a short in the wiring, aka theft deterent system. Now there was a trick to get in it, if you stepped on to the concrete pad which the beer box set on you were ok, there was only room for one foot though you had to lift your other foot. IF you didn't it would bite your ass and thoughts of being electrocuted in front of your buddies while they laughed their asses off. Now if you knew the trick no shock.....this went on for a couple of summers. Ahhh good old 905 and Stag beer at 34 degrees did go down good. This was after the local tavern stopped serving "Bucket Beer" 25 cents a bucket, my big bucket twice as big 35 cents, my how it evaporates in a bucket! Now the real fun was when those who didn't know the secret and the early morning dew wetted the ground. As they would go to buy around. We would get a good look at that 3-5 arc that would reach out and greet our buddies, yep one of these days we're gonna have to fix that thing! tt

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  8. conceptfab

conceptfab

My buddy had a 95 5.0 mustang with side exhausts and a exhaust crossover. It was his first time at the track with it and was very nervous. Everyone was there. Me, my dad, him, his girlfriend and his dad and some other friends. Well, he made a couple of runs and the nerves were starting to calm. We were between classes and it was taking a while. His girlfriend went into the car to take a break from the wind and he went to the treeline for a pee break. I don't know why but I just so happened to have a white smoke bomb. I lit it and shoved it in smoke first into the passnger side pipe. It started smoking out the pipes right as he was about half way done peeing. We all started to yell and scream saying there was something wrong with his car. Then the smoke really started to pour out the exhaust as he's zipping up and running to rescue his girlfriend and see about his car. No one could keep a straight face as he was waking up his g/f getting her out the car and he still never noticed we were cracking up until we stopped him. Can't say he didn't have a big heart. But he DID want to kill me!

9. When we were kids, there was an old (younger than I am now!!!) guy who hted us kids hanging around the shopping center downtown. He was the janitor there, part time, during the day. He had to leave about 2 o'clock to go to his 2nd shift regular job. We always parked our bikes in the bike rack at the little mall, the would go fishing, launching estes powered wood boats or some other stuff at the river running next to it. The guy stashed the bike rack one day. We had no way to lock our bikes up. One day we got a brain storm and chained them al together and locked 'em up. We went with too many guys once and one bike couldn't be locked. The janitor took that bike. He claimed he never saw it for two weeks. I bet he was laghin his ass off at us. One day, while scrounging around the mall looking for bottles to return to the grocer for cash, I saw him throw the bike into the hardware store's dumpster. What a friggin ass!!. After rescuing the bike, we needed revenge. He would park his car where it wasn't very visible from the parking lot. It was a hot summer day, so his windows were down. After giving the bike the bike back to my freind, we grabbed some rope and went back to the mall. We locked the wing windows on the guys 67 or so Buick special 4 door. rolled up the windows and tied the front doors together, armrest to armrest. Tied it real tight. The back doors were then locked with the glass rolled up. We went fishing across the river, where we had a good view. He must have been running late, cause it was nearly 1/4 after 2 when he went to his car.
    We were laughing our asses off while he was swearing a blue streak. He saw us and screamed all sort of crap our way. He went back around the mall and came out with a hammer which he applied to the rear door glass. I still laugh at that one.
    He got us back, sort of but we stepped it up a bit. I found a chain that just fit between his pitted Crager S/S rims and the front brake drums. About 24 inches of that paticular chain, a 2 inch long bolt, 2 washers and a nut was all that were required for jacking up another afternoon for the old prick. After getting in trouble with the mall management over the disposed bike rack, he chained and locked all our bikes together for us. Some folks just don't learn very well. His chained right front wheel didn't roll very far when he was leaving that afternoon. We were under the nearby bridge to hear that one up close.

10. KK Hickey Designs

KK Hickey Designs

Some friends and I used to play poker on a weekly basis so my buddy Brian and I went to this shop in Old Sac and got one of those rainbow strip stickers one weekend while a bunch of us had gone out to eat. The next week while playing poker we went out to "smoke" and stuck it on the back window of a buddies bright yellow Volkswagen GTI, right on the black part of the window. He drove around to places like the illegal drags, a friend of ours shop, American Tire Co., An auto Detail place and a bunch of other places I guess before he noticed it about 4 days later. He was PISSED! We shouldn't have told him but we decided to out of guilt.

Another time we had a party one night and a buddy of ours was to drunk to drive so he got a ride home. He left his slammed Cadillac sitting outside with his shiny new 100 spoke Daytons on it. (He was proud as hell of those damn things.) We went outside drunk as hell and put zip ties on about every 5th spoke. He came the next morning while we were all asleep and got it, well he got about 2 blocks away and called us freaking the fuck out because he thought he bent his brand new spokes because they kept clicking!

The good ol' days!

11. signal_11

signal_11

HA! That's great.

One of my friends is a parts manager, and he's pure evil with stuff like this. New guys go through trying to hunt down muffler bearings, blinker fluid, etc. or sending them to ask a mechanic for a "long wait." One day, one of the new guys is heading out for a parts run, and asks him if he needs anything from downtown. "Sure, stop by the bank and ask them for a bag of money."

A half hour or so later, his cell rings, and the parts runner is whispering:
    "I went to the bank and asked for a bag of money, but they didn't seem to know anything about it."
    "You WHAT?!!"
    "I asked for the bag of money like you said. "
    "What? I was joking. Tell me you didn't."
    "I did - I thought you were serious."
    "What did they do?"
    "Well, they looked at me kind of funny and now they are acting all weird."
    "Where are you now?"
    "Back at the entrance of the bank. They are staring at me. What should I do?"
    "Get the hell out of there!"

He let up a bit on the guy a bit after that.

12. roughneck424

roughneck424

One Small Town..
    A bunch of Teenagers
    One Old Suitcase
    One Stray Cat caught in a trap and placed in above mentioned suitcase ( wear welders gloves )
    Place Suitcase with Cat under street light at corner wear most hitchhikers usually stand at edge of town.
    Wait in bushes up the road for the car that stopped and grabbed the suitcase and placed in their car.

13. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

Their are some funny pranks on here. I got my boss when I was a kid at a shop good. He was always buying parts from people and brag about how good of deal he got. He would buy speed parts and then try to make a bunch of money off of kids. So he bought a box of parts and there was a dizzy in it. He didn't know it was a mag. I told him he get screwed and it was locked up He cussed and I told him to hold it it might just be stuck grime and so on. He grabed it I told him to hold it tight. He did and I Lite his ass up I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes. So he hooked eveybody up that would fall for it. Now thats Funny

how many of you on here fell for the lawn mower bit with your dad You know where lets see if its fireing you hold this and I'll pull it but first lets pull the plug out so it will dry out the spark plug HAHAHA and he lights your ass up and you just have to do it to your kids you know rights of passage type thing.Well got to go outside now my BOYS JUST GOT OFF THE BUS AND THEY HAVE BEEN AFTER ME TO GET THEIR GOCART RUNNING time to make them men HAHAHAHA

14. A while back i worked with a younger guy who knew every thing,one day i was diagnosing a gm 3.8 liter with an engine miss,so i ask the kid to give me a hand,i told him to put his thumb over the end of the spark plug wire and dont let the spark out when i start the car,the best part was he had his free hand on the header panel so he was grounded to the car,he got a preety good zapping ! -and pretty much left me alone after that

15. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This nice old timer had just planted one of his favorite species in the front yard, & everyday would water it gently---just enough to watch daily developement, after 2 weeks his plant was coming on in great strides-------THEN, he noticed a dramatic decline happening, day after day it drooped more & more.
    Finally early one morning, gazing from behind the laced curtain, he saw a rather large dog pissing on his plant, immediately seizing a plan, he retrieved an old Model T ignition package-(battery,coil,etc.) and along with some copper screen, placed the screen all around the failing plant, & running only ONE hot lead from positive to copper screen, waited for the next morning.
    Sure enough, here comes ol' FIDO,----Lifts his leg, lets go a partial stream & ZAPP!!! A LARGE BLUE ARC went directly to his pecker!!! Fido tries to do 3 different things at once---YELP---LICK HIS PECKER---& RUN LIKE HELL!!!!!!
    Next morning, Fido comes next to old timers property, detours across the street, goes one house on left, comes back to old timers side, & goes on his way!!!!

16. c10addict

c10addict

I like to pull the old Tin Man prank... Load up somebodys work gloves with silver Anti-Seize... That shit doesn't like to come off your skin...

This other place I also worked at had a thick rubber mat that covered the locker room floor... There was this jag off that always f'd with people and I couldn't stand him.. He would sit on the bench and take his boots off every night and let them sit where he took them off till the morning when he would come in sit in the same spot and put them back on.. I ran drywall screws through the heels into the rubber mat... He came in put the boots on and stood up to take a step and fell forward... He was pissed!! Everybody was laughing their asses off.. I felt kinda bad because he was limping for a few days afterwards...

17. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

I worked on the Ambulance Worked 24 on 48 off I hated the Paramedic after my shift So I cleaned the unit all of it Armoraled the beach in the back and We caught a early call he ran it with me so I just taped the brakes and heard the crash it was him in the floor. My old partner would spray nitro in the head band of your hat if he seen it off your head. Funny as hell BLAAAAHAHAAAAHHAAAAA

18. Bout time this thread slowed down I had to go get another 6 just to catch up with it Not car related but in wood shop some of my buddy's would roll Joints out of saw dust & casually drop them around school where we we could keep a eye on them watching different people pick them up & try not to be obvious .It must have been interesting When they lit them up !

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  19. burninbilly

burninbilly

hooked my bros horn to his brake light and he knows nothing about cars

20. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

I know what I'll be doing next weekend! ;)

21. attastude

attastude

when my dad was about 20, he was trying to start his lawn mower. his brother-in-law was about 10 years old and asked what was wrong with the mower. my dad told him "sometimes you have to pee on them to get them to start" the kid offered to do this. just then my dad pulled the start rope. the kid just looked at him and said"you son of a bitch!!"

22. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! great grandpa was sure a prankster!

23. I am laughing my ass off, this is great stuff!
    I work for a municipality and during the summer we would turn the heat (not the fan) up in a coworkers pickup and then listen to him complain about how hot it was all day.
    The air bags that they use in boxes for packing pop nicely when placed behind tires.
    When my oldest sister got married some of the groomsmen took the doors off her husband's new 1973 Lemans during the reception.
    My old work partner told me of the model T coil trick attached to his car, sometimes touching the car in front of him with the bumper to shock them. He met his wife (who was a carhop) when she shocked herself when she leaned on his car!

24. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

pulled one almost like the junk in the transmission pan to a buddy of mine, loaded up a bunch of broken engine parts in a ziplock bag, secured one end to the bottom of the car, tucked up underneath,ran a piece of thin cord through the other end of the bag and tied it to a small tree, then put a big zip tie on the driveshaft. as soon as he drove off the bag ripped and dumped engine junk all behind him, while making strange noises of course. :D as i ran behind him yelling and pointing at the "parts" he about crapped his pants when he saw the mess.

25. Not exactly a prank but funny. I work for a municipality and one night of plowing snow a few of us stopped in a parking lot for a 5 minute break. One of the guys watered the ground beside his truck. A moment later our supervisor (know it all wannabe mechanic smarter than you type) shows up and sees this liquid that leaked from his truck dips his finger in it and feels it and smells it to diagnose the source of the leak. We just stood there silently for a moment in shock before we busted out laughing and suggested that he taste it too, may be antifreeze! We did the right thing and told we knew where it came from. He ran off to wash his hands and I don't think hes done it ever again.

26. George G

George G

An old guy told me that they used to fill ballons with Acetylene and Oxygen then go outside and inginite them from a distance. The concussion was huge.

They went into the shop to fill more ballons. They gave everyone a ballon to carry. Only with one guy they gave him a ballon filled with air. On the way outside they touched his ballon with a cigarette. He though he was going to die when he hear the initial pop.

27. shoveled71

shoveled71

In the early 70s we had a math teacher that didnt like our group of friends and was always giving us a hard time, and we always did the same for her, she had about a 71 Camaro that you had to reach under the door handle and lift to open it, we got some fresh dog crap and caked a big gob under the door handle and just hung out in the parking lot till she came out, she gave us the evil eye and reached under the door handle to open her door, she screamed and started shaking her hand to sling it off while we were cracking up, we all failed her class that year. Spike

28. 1930 A

1930 A

This one kind of backfired. You've all heard of getting the new kid to make sure they get the muffler bearing when they are doing the grease job. Well my boss told me he worked in a service station and an old guy came in and wanted an oil change and grease job. No problem. They put the car up on the lift and told the new guy to go for it. And don't forget the muffler bearing. So as they're sitting in the office, the hear the grease gun going ca-thunk, ca-thunk, ca-thunk over and over again. They run into the shop and see the kid pumping the old guys homemade muffler full of grease using the grease nipple that was left on the old piece of pipe. Must of been a hell of a job cleaning that up.

29. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

hahahahahahaha sorry but that guy is a dumbass, bad enough to fall for the joke,but thats great. i knew someone somewhere had actually done it. of course he could have been smarter then all of you, and knew you would have had to clean it up. he was just doing his job.

30. Mac_55

Mac_55

Just a harmless parnk here , but its fun to hear em bitch .

Got a buddy with a nice car ? Take a pic of it , then run it in one of the local classidfieds with a dirt cheap price, then let him get pissed off at everyone calling him trying to buy his model A with 348 and a tri power for 800 bucks.

When i was little bitty , i ran out of things to do one day so i took all the wire coat hangers i could find in the house , untwisted them all and would tie them all together making these longggg wires with the little clothes hooks about every 4 feet. I would then take them out and tie them from light pole to light pole and watchem snag cars and go jungling down the street.

One day in 4th grade , right beside our playground was a restraung parking lot serperated by a big chain link fence. One of the waitresses parked really close one day and me and some buddies found a big stick and a long chunk of number nine wire one day and stuck it through the license plates then back through the fence around the stick , did this a couple times. When we came out for the last recess of the day the fence had a big bulge in it with a license plate hanging from it ha ha ha.